The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Audience Warm Up (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
775 Posts

Profile of curtgunz

What do you include in your warm up?

[Click] Lots of videos and tips for magicians.

Thank you.
The pirate to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2259 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Superb advice. My wife calls it "releasing the audience." Most parents and authority figures tell the youngsters to sit still and be quiet during the "magic show," etc. Unless one releases (warms-up) the kids, they will likely stick with the "Be quiet" instructions. I've been releasing (warming-up) my kid show audiences for years. Kudos for your well-explained and instructional video!

Another important aspect is to let the teachers, librarians, day-care workers know that YOU will be in control of the room. YOU will handle the youngsters, so that THEY can sit back and relax for awhile. Take a break from their busy day. IF a youngster truly gets out of hand, YOU will summon their help. Otherwise, allow the "controlled-chaos" to flow naturally. This *usually* prevents the over-achiever among the authority figures from actually interrupting the show by correcting what they perceive as out-of-control youngsters ~ who are usually just kids having the time of their lives.

Again, Curt, great video and superb advice.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
775 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, MichaelCGM wrote:

My wife calls it "releasing the audience."

Wow, that is a wonderful phrase. It communicates exactly what is happening.

Also, thank you for the kind words.
The pirate to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
BradenCarlisle
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BradenCarlisle
I love the term releasing the audience! I play music while setting up my show and encourage the kids to have fun with it. I also sit in the "audience" and chat with the kids while the parents are deciding when the absolute best time to start is. Little do they know (okay, maybe they know) I've already started.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6873 Posts

Profile of bowers
Great videos Curt
You hit the nail on the head.
Todd
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
952 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
What a fantastic video, Curt! Not only solid info, but also presented in a really funny, entertaining and intelligent way. Thank you.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Audience Warm Up (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL