The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Do you know about a book for magicians on operating a kid's birthday? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Guy Bar
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Guy Bar
Hello dear members, I would like to ask please, if you have any idea if there has been ever published a book about kid's birthday magician? or "birthday operator" in general? I mean a professional guide book for magicians, clowns and so, that gives them all the tips they can get from A TO Z about operating a children's birthday. And where can I find it?
Thanks a lot for your answering,
Guy.
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
384 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Hello, two good books besides lots of other good stuff are:

Dave Fiscus: The Birthday Magiancians Handbook
Don "The Clown" Sminkey: Handbook for the Magical Party Clown
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
384 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Sorry these books are about performing at birthday parties not about organizing them.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7373 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Can you add some clarification? Do you mean "operating a birthday party", as in being a parent planning their child's party? Or do you mean "operating a birthday party", as in being a magician providing magic shows (and possibly running games) for birthday party? Are you asking about how to perform a show, or how to book a show, or both? There are also instant author books with tips for running a birthday party, which is meant for the magician to give to their customer (the birthday party parent), and that's something different again.

As to the business side of birthday party magic shows, there's a book by John Breeds called, "How to Create Kids’ Magic and Triple Your Income!" He also has other books & products.

David Ginn sells 3 books that might be helpful: Steve Taylor's "Making Your Birthday Business Go Ballistic", "The Birthday Party Business" (co-authored with 5 or 6 other entertainers), and Ian Adair's "Birthday Magic for Kid Shows" (I don't have that one).

When Eric Paul was alive, his course, "How to be your area's Top Children's Entertainer" was another good resource for the business side of birthday shows. Eric passed away about 10 years ago. You can sometimes find a used copy of his course.

Another couple of older items that might be hard to track down are, Jack Turk's "How to Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthdays Part-Time" and
John Carlson's "Big Birthday Party Business"

Tony Daniels had a a couple of books out on doing shows, but I don't seem to find his books or videos listed online any more. "Kid-Show Magician's Notebook" & "Birthday Party Booking System." At one time, they were on the Stevens Magic website, but not any more.

Another classic book is by Frances Marshall, titled "The Happy Birthday Business."

There are books & videos by Christopher T. Magician and by Danny Orleans that are helpful, too. You'll find them, and more, on this website: https://www.amazekids.com

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
973 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Great list Donald as always.
I have the John Breeds' books and they are fantastic.
I also have Christopher T. Magician's book as well.
Both very talented kids magicians.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Guy Bar
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Guy Bar
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2019, Daniel Ulzen wrote:
Hello, two good books besides lots of other good stuff are:

Dave Fiscus: The Birthday Magiancians Handbook
Don "The Clown" Sminkey: Handbook for the Magical Party Clown

Thanks a lot Daniel! Smile
Guy Bar
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Guy Bar
Thank you so much dear Donald, for the long & specific information! I was talking of course about operating a birthday party as in being a magician providing magic shows for birthday party. sorry if I wasn't totally clear, it's probably because of my English... So now I know that there's quit a lot books magicians wrote about this topic. you forgot to mention the great David Kaye (silly billy), that wrote also one or even two books about this. I asked this question because I'm intending to publish a book exactly on this subject, in Israel, in Hebrew. Because there's no such book in Hebrew at all, and I was wondering if there is in English in the world at all. So now I know thre is:) LOL thank you all guys again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Do you know about a book for magicians on operating a kid's birthday? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL