The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Surprise by Think Nguyen video DOWNLOAD (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7383 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
I think this release is actually pretty good. No, it's not necessarily going to be like the trailer every time, but it's 45 minutes of solid thinking on strategies for jazzing.

I'm going to review it more extensively on the next episode of my podcast. Should be out this evening (Monday night US time).

Smile
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3237 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Have you seen it or are you commenting on the marketing?
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1128 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Again, I think, and agree with Matt, that there's a lot to like about it. Especially for 15 bucks. That I like something someone else doesn't, doesn't make it objectively good, just as others not liking it doesn't make it objectively bad.
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
204 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Yeah, it's definitely not a CAAN, and you are correct that it being advertised as such is no good. It's more of a take on Dai Vernon's TTTCBE. It should have been sold as such.

Nonetheless, I learned a few things from it. Admittedly, I haven't read the Berglas Effects book (sadly is out of print).

I also think it's also perhaps worth pointing out that this is a $15 download.

Yeah. That's part of what's annoying me about this. I want to get it. I'm interested in his thoughts on jazzing/TTCBE... but I'm trying not to support false advertising, so I'm going to continue to say no. I'd happily spend $15 if it had been advertised accurately. But the only way to get more effects marketed honestly is to not buy the ones that weren't.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3237 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I went a little more in depth in my podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/mysteryartspodcas......kenstoss

The review starts at about 1:11:30, but the rest of the show is a really great interview with Drew Backenstoss so might as well listen to the whole thing Smile
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
nico360
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of nico360
I just started watching, and yes, the first thing he literally says "It's my take on TTCBE"
So yeah.. nothing really new here
GeorgeKerzon
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of GeorgeKerzon
Can this be performed by the average magician or does it require a lot of skill?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3237 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It's more about thinking on your feet than sleight of hand. An important facet of the effect requires a skill that may take a little practice (but is easier than it sounds IMO).
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
nico360
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of nico360
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2019, GeorgeKerzon wrote:
Can this be performed by the average magician or does it require a lot of skill?

It does not require a lot of skill, although it requires a lot of experience (in my opinion)

Since it's his take on the TTCBE, if you want to get out of certain situations, you need fast thinking and that comes with experience
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18105 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I thought this was very lack-lustre... mainly because Jermay's GAME is far better...

3/10

needed much better blurb too....
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3237 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Game requires a gimmick, though. And it's twice the price.

Agreed that it's a much more reliable (and better) effect though.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Surprise by Think Nguyen video DOWNLOAD (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL