The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New product from Nobody Knows? (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
887 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Nobody Knows has a new release coming up on the 26th. They sent 50 people clues, and while I was one of them, frankly I’m stumped. No idea what it might be. That being said, I’m pumped based on their past release. They’re doing a live launch on their site.

We were sent a neapolitan space ice cream sandwich if anyone has any ideas what that could mean.
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10498 Posts

Profile of saysold1
No idea!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2218 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Neapolitan space age ice cream sandwich ...

Guess it means it is something new and with the ice cream making it pretty cool.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Space is quite a remote place, no?
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, TheGingerWizard wrote:

The pictures of the packaging with the spaceman on ,u can see the outline of what’s inside .it looks pretty big for a remote ,looks the size of a phone
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2341 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have the inside. I know!!!!!!!
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
739 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, TheGingerWizard wrote:

^^^ This comment wins.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4249 Posts

Profile of videoman
I for one am hoping space is a very remote place!
But even if it were that, although on one hand I would be pleased I would also be bummed because it will probably cost $199.00 and you know they could have just enabled it to work with a $29.00 one that is already readily available.

But my guess is that it is just a new sport style of watch, or even simply a new line of watch bands.
I know, I know, but NK has a reputation for a lot of hype equaled only by the disappointment when you find out what the new thing they are offering is.
Sorry if I sound jaded or pessimistic, but when it comes to NK, I am.
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
I have the inside. I know!!!!!!!

Spill the beans then ?
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
540 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I wish they would stop referring to the recipients of the ice creams as "random". In no way was it random. A lot were sent to well known magicians with a large online following with the hopes they would advertise for them.... and a lot did.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1482 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Don't worry, I'm sure chris ramsey will expose it on his youtube channel soon and all details with be clear
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3694 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2019, Nick23 wrote:
I wish they would stop referring to the recipients of the ice creams as "random". In no way was it random. A lot were sent to well known magicians with a large online following with the hopes they would advertise for them.... and a lot did.

At least, although I did receive it, I didn't do it... Smile Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
It's a reference to the fact that this will be the "Flavor of the Month"effect. Meaning that magicians will purchase and play with until the following month when a new trick will be released and this one can be put into their magic junk drawer with all the other previous flavor of the months...
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2185 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Multiple bands.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7586 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2019, peppermeat2000 wrote:
It's a reference to the fact that this will be the "Flavor of the Month"effect. Meaning that magicians will purchase and play with until the following month when a new trick will be released and this one can be put into their magic junk drawer with all the other previous flavor of the months...

Nail on the head.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4672 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

I would much rather see entertainers addicted to buying new tricks rather than booze or drugs. At least that's what I tell my wife!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4249 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

I always find these blanket statements to be rather silly.
First of all, they are usually made with an air of superiority and condescension.
But mainly I feel like “so what”. Why do you care what other people spend their money on?

The vast majority of Café members are hobbyists and enthusiasts and trying new things and learning new things are a large part of the enjoyment of the hobby.
Not to mention that that is really what drives the magic economy and without which there would be far fewer creators and effects released.
Now before anyone exclaims that having far fewer releases would be a good thing, it actually wouldn’t be. Sure, a lot of junk gets mixed in with the good releases but overall it is almost a certainty that many of the very best releases wouldn’t exist either.

Now maybe you are the type that thinks that owning a couple good books such as Stars of Magic is all one should need for a lifetime of magical learning, and that is totally fine if that is what suits YOU, but why pass judgement on everyone else who may feel differently?
Never understood why some people think that everyone should behave exactly the same as they do.

And to make such a comment in this thread is especially inappropriate because you have no idea what the release will be. It’s funny, because I was admittedly pessimistic in my previous post in this thread but your comment above is even more pessimistic than mine!
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Not a card sandwich effect where the card ends up frozen in 2 cards somehow
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2341 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Very true videoman.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5625 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2019, RNK wrote:

I would much rather see entertainers addicted to buying new tricks rather than booze or drugs. At least that's what I tell my wife!

You're a such nice and GOOD boy. I like you for that. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New product from Nobody Knows? (51 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL