The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » This, This, and That (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Saw a video of backup Detroit Lions QB performing a few card tricks, one he called This, This and That, utilizing dl and some other sleights. First cards are show to have words on them This, This and That, then shows all 3 cards are all This, then all 3 cards are That, finally he shows each card and they read This, That and Other, wondering where I could find this. Thanks
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
460 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Sounds like a variation of Color Monte to me.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
610 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Search it on YouTube.
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
I’m trying this out as card version of the old Abbott and Costello Who’s on First routine

3 cards - Who, What and Where

‘“If who’s on top, what’s on the bottom. Nope, who’s on the bottom, then who’s on top. Nope, what’s on top. Then who’s in the middle. Nope, what’s in the middle...

You get the idea
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2233 Posts

Profile of todsky
It is color monte: pick yourself up the color monte instructions and three blank cards and a marker and you’re good to go.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Bob G
MGordonB,

What a great idea! I'm going to try something similar with my Color Monte.

Bob
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
If you are new to this idea than yes it is a good idea and gets very good reactions with the this that and the other climax. I believe there is a manuscript available or adapt from color monte or work it out yourself from one of the YouTube performances
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, XCath. I imagine I could work up a story myself, but do you have any leads on where the manuscript is available?
ekgdoc
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of ekgdoc
<< do you have any leads on where the manuscript is available?>>

This YT video has 19M views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tScm-eZInBE.

The poster of the video writes "This, That and The Other is available from http://bit.ly/martinbreese -- published by Martin Breese and invented by Stephen Tucker."

David M.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, ekgdoc. Actually I was thinking of MGordonB's "Who's on First?" idea.

See you,

Bob
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Some ideas. There are lots of avenues for adapting and extending the basic effect.

Tom, Dick and Harry. ( A lighthearted presentation with the names written on the cards.)

Wheel, Fool and Devil (A darker story led presentation with Waite Rider tarot cards. The Fool is the decoy. The Wheel is the card to follow. The Devil is the reveal.)

Sun, Moon, and Star (A very visual presentation. The moon is the decoy. The yellow sun is the card to follow. The star is the reveal. Make the star out of silver foil so it pops out to the eye).

Blue and red diamond spotted cards and a blank faced card. (Think 'Virginia Monte' here! The blank card is the decoy. The blue diamond is the card to follow. The red diamond is the reveal. Using a blank faced card also facilitates perfect looking frustration shows and likewise very deceptive false throwing on a surface).

QH, Joker, AS (Impromptu with a regular deck. The Joker is the decoy as there are naturally assumed to be two in a deck. The QH is the popular card to follow. The unlucky AS is the reveal.)

Using Chinese (fake) Bee 'Extra Selected Club Special' cards (blue backed) allows for a superb handling in effects involving only three cards. I would normally avoid such cheap plastic cards like the plague. However in this case the sheer flexibility of these thin cards allows for very fluid sleights. The back design of the Bee cards also aids in disguising double push transfers from top to bottom and in making double bottom to top revolves very effective. The cards also work well for glide sleight/bottom dealing.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Sorry, I meant 'flustration show' rather than 'frustration show'. Also 'Virginia CITY Monte' (Color Monte with either the blue and red diamond cards or AD, AC with the blank faced card would giving you scope for a more deceiving show of cards within the hand throughout.

I have just created a SIX phase impromptu three card monte effect (inspired by color monte) so there is certainly the potential for jazzing it up......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » This, This, and That (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL