The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Found this on penguin magic by a kid. What do you thing? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kights
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Kights
I was looking around penguin and found this take on a spelling plot by a young kid. What do you guys think of it?

Here is the link: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12404
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2841 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
So this is your effect then?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Kights
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Kights
Yes, this is my effect and was wondering what you guys think of it. It uses a mem deck so I thought I would post here.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1462 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Haha. Why would you say you "were looking around penguin and found a spelling plot by a young kid"? When it was your effect??? That's not how you market effects my friend...Besides, Tamariz, Aronson, and many others have beaten you to the punch. Your routine is Mediocre at best
Kights
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Kights
Ya your right I should have said it differently. Also Tamariz version is not complete and does not use all the cards. The other Tamariz one that does use all the cards you have to do mental calculations and is not as clean. Thanks for the feed back!
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1462 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2019, Kights wrote:
Ya your right I should have said it differently. Also Tamariz version is not complete and does not use all the cards. The other Tamariz one that does use all the cards you have to do mental calculations and is not as clean. Thanks for the feed back!

I do admire your determination. You need to read Tamariz and Aronson and lastly Vincent Haydn's work. Without Purchasing your effect, I'm almost certain there is some calulations involved or memorization...as is in the other authors creations. Your demo was a "best possible outcome" that's so commonly put out among creators. How about the card they named was 18 cards from the bottom of the deck? Just as clean as your demo? Nope. You will absolutely have to do a calulation in your head and a displacement. Also lastly, you can get to any card in the deck with 100% certainty without checking with the "maigret" system. Please do some research before putting out an effect.
Kights
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Kights
Thanks and I have read Tamariz but haven't read the others but will look into them for sure. There is memorization can't argue. My demo was not a "best possible outcome" and if they named a card 18 form the bottom. Just as clean as the demo? Yup. Yes, You will absolutely have to do a calulation in your head and a displacement. I will do more research next time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Found this on penguin magic by a kid. What do you thing? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL