The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tarot Stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
889 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Has anyone created a stack for a tarot deck? Who? What? Thanks, David
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
243 Posts

Profile of greerj
Https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......215485#6

Here's one for just the majors. You may have to search around for others.
hcs
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany, Magdeburg
366 Posts

Profile of hcs
See here (from one of my German e-books):
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......585391#4
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 148 A4-pages
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I do. I sought to develop one that leverages the stack I use for "regular" card, and had some success with the modifications necessary to accommodate the 52 vs 78 difference,

I was relatively pleased with my personal approach until I found "The Unholy Grail" by Larry Baukin. I happened to get it on-the-cheap with a stack of other books, and had *no* idea what it was about. It turns out: it's about this very subject.

I'm going to preface this by saying: in general, I always found Mr. Baukin's books to be wildly overpriced, generally unusable crap (sorry, Larry.) Hopefully that puts into perspective the fact that I *absolutely treasure* this book. The system to translate an existing known stack of 52 cards into a full 78 card tarot stack is significantly better than what I came up with. The book also covers a host of other related, helpful things that are specific to a tarot stack that would only be apparently after doing it for quite some time. What if you're doing a reading to a couple or other multiple friends present? What are the best ways to handle the deck yourself--or directing a querent to handle it--to maintain the stack that are still within the "industry norms" for readers. Etc.

Some additional info: There's some good ground covered regarding the benefits of using a stacked tarot deck, and how to best capitalize on it. It also includes a lot of additional thoughts on readings, including a host of "stock" reading "lines, phrases, and paragraphs" that, I will admit, I still find myself occasionally trotting out to this day. And, finally, it touches upon some additional reading techniques--one of which I actually use fairly frequently when asked for a reading when I don't have cards on me (which leverages tarot knowledge, but is passed off as palm/aura/whatever reading.)
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
889 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Thanks, everyone. Great information and leads. David
dirtyrussian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of dirtyrussian
David out Steve Minch's BOOK OF THOTH (Tarot Trickery) it's an old one from the 70's so you may need to hunt Amazon or post on here or FB looking for a copy.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
Tied to
494 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
You can do a 16/17 with the minors.

ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2116 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Dirtyrussian wrote:
Quote:
David out Steve Minch's BOOK OF THOTH (Tarot Trickery) it's an old one from the 70's so you may need to hunt Amazon or post on here or FB looking for a copy.

There's no full-deck tarot stack in Stephen's The Book of Thoth, although it's otherwise a great resource for tarot card trickery.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1814 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2019, greerj wrote:
Https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......215485#6

Here's one for just the majors. You may have to search around for others.

This stack was put in print in The Snake-Oil Almanack in either 1990 or 1991.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2116 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I have an unpublished stack for the minors, based on my own DAO stack for the traditional 52-card deck.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tarot Stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL