The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stasis by Jambor (73 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Yes but you could see he was trying to ram the credit card into the playing cards "device"!
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, garyogden1957 wrote:
Quote:
Hmm. Well, I think I like it, lol. It's one of those effects that's obviously going to be amazing to see as a spectator. In saying that, the angles are pretty sensitive so you really are going to have to manage your audience. Not a major problem but with the wow factor of the effect it could become a problem. The "In The Spectators Hands Version" is very angle sensitive and may best be suited to perform for just the person doing the balancing and no one else. I say this because I believe that once the objects start balancing a viewing audience will definitely start moving around to view all the angles they can. And with this, depending on how far away they are standing from the balancing act, angles will be a concern. Now, to confirm my initial thoughts I will have to perform it a few times first. I could be wrong but as I stated earlier, STASIS is very eye catching so after the balancing of objects begins I think lots of folks will move around to see from every angle they possibly can. And that's when the method could easily be exposed.

As for the retail price of $55.00, I am kind of split- the effect is very eye catching and the method used to achieve the balancing definitely works very well and is not difficult to do after a few tries. The materials used to make the gimmick are really not expensive. So I believe the cost for this is more for the "wow factor" of the effect. They do show you how to construct the gimmick which is not hard IMO. I keep coming back to angles only because when you are holding this performing the balancing, you cannot move fast to help shield certain angles if you had to because most likely a fast movement will cause the tower to fall.
=========================================================================================

In the demo you quite clearly cannot see anything as he turns around 180 degrees?

So for me, to give a more confident review I will have to perform it and see what happens. Some effects I can make a confident prediction immediately if it will work for me or not. I cannot make that prediction with STASIS. I love this idea and was very intrigued when a close-up version such as STASIS was released. Though, more testing and performances are definitely needed in order for me to determine if STASIS will become a permanent fixture in my sets.

BTW, the Other Brothers do a fantastic job with the tutorials and cover everything!

RNK

Yes, you cannot see anything when he turns around because 1)he is doing it in his hands, this is not possible when you are performing it in the spectators hands, if someone looks from the side they will see the method and 2) it's on a video and there is constant motion of turning. If you are standing there with specs close to you, depending on the angle they are viewing from, it is a definite possibility they will see the method.

So you know the method now before youve got the effect?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
RNK has either received the product or has access to the download. That much is obvious. He’s not basing his thoughts on conjecture.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm. Well, I think I like it, lol. It's one of those effects that's obviously going to be amazing to see as a spectator. In saying that, the angles are pretty sensitive so you really are going to have to manage your audience. Not a major problem but with the wow factor of the effect it could become a problem. The "In The Spectators Hands Version" is very angle sensitive and may best be suited to perform for just the person doing the balancing and no one else. I say this because I believe that once the objects start balancing a viewing audience will definitely start moving around to view all the angles they can. And with this, depending on how far away they are standing from the balancing act, angles will be a concern. Now, to confirm my initial thoughts I will have to perform it a few times first. I could be wrong but as I stated earlier, STASIS is very eye catching so after the balancing of objects begins I think lots of folks will move around to see from every angle they possibly can. And that's when the method could easily be exposed.

As for the retail price of $55.00, I am kind of split- the effect is very eye catching and the method used to achieve the balancing definitely works very well and is not difficult to do after a few tries. The materials used to make the gimmick are really not expensive. So I believe the cost for this is more for the "wow factor" of the effect. They do show you how to construct the gimmick which is not hard IMO. I keep coming back to angles only because when you are holding this performing the balancing, you cannot move fast to help shield certain angles if you had to because most likely a fast movement will cause the tower to fall.
=========================================================================================

In the demo you quite clearly cannot see anything as he turns around 180 degrees?

So for me, to give a more confident review I will have to perform it and see what happens. Some effects I can make a confident prediction immediately if it will work for me or not. I cannot make that prediction with STASIS. I love this idea and was very intrigued when a close-up version such as STASIS was released. Though, more testing and performances are definitely needed in order for me to determine if STASIS will become a permanent fixture in my sets.

BTW, the Other Brothers do a fantastic job with the tutorials and cover everything!

RNK

Yes, you cannot see anything when he turns around because 1)he is doing it in his hands, this is not possible when you are performing it in the spectators hands, if someone looks from the side they will see the method and 2) it's on a video and there is constant motion of turning. If you are standing there with specs close to you, depending on the angle they are viewing from, it is a definite possibility they will see the method.

So you know the method now before youve got the effect?

I have it! If you read my first post I state that I received it Saturday.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Gary’s not the brightest member of the Café.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
I have just seen a really bad demo/giveaway
https://youtu.be/UW1CrZ-UY08?t=2183

WOW! Propodog should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that dude to perform it and even more ashamed of themselves for doing it on a LIVE Facebook show. Sad! Hope they delete it!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Quote:

WOW! Propodog should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that dude to perform it and even more ashamed of themselves for doing it on a LIVE Facebook show. Sad! Hope they delete it!

Why? I say kudos to them for showing us what we’re spending our hard earned money on. If you want to continuously be deceived then crack on. Get a grip ffs.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why? I say kudos to them for showing us what we’re spending our hard earned money on. If you want to continuously be deceived then crack on. Get a grip ffs.

Why? You do perform, correct Pegasus? If you do you would know that there are many effects out there that will fool people if performed correctly. This being one of them, especially if you are performing for one person or a few in the right environment, this will definitely fool them. If performed badly such as this fella at Propdog, then yes, it won't fool them. But it's not the props fault, it's the performers fault in this case. His performance is not even close as to what it should like look, hence the Other Brothers performance. That's how it should look.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Oh jeez. Why are you complaining? You really think that your next victim has viewed propdogs latest magic video vlog? I’m very thankful for these guys showing us the nitty and gritty and not the BS that the other brothers have shown via their deceitful video of 100 percent angle free performance.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
Oh jeez. Why are you complaining? You really think that your next victim has viewed propdogs latest magic video vlog? I’m very thankful for these guys showing us the nitty and gritty and not the BS that the other brothers have shown via their deceitful video of 100 percent angle free performance.

deceitful video???
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Pegasus you seem to know an awful lot about Stasis and how it works but how can you say they were deceitful you don't know that?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Here's the scoop. If you can't represent the product properly, you shouldn't be working in a magic shop regardless of the trick. My 2 year old could have done better than that.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:

It sounds like you are validating that a poor performance, that clearly was not practiced prior, is an "honest" representation of the product.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
I don't mind his performance you are right someone else should have done it instead. I am waiting for pegasus to tell us why they the (Other Brothers) showed a deceitful video of 100 percent angle free performance?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
I don't mind his performance you are right someone else should have done it instead. I am waiting for pegasus to tell us why they the (Other Brothers) showed a deceitful video of 100 percent angle free performance?

It wasn't deceitful at all. It's just that when viewed as a video on a screen it's much harder to see anything than it is in person. Pegasus's comments sometimes are premature.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
I think if this was a packet trick for 9.99 there would hardly be any comments but at that price it is (to me) a hell of a lot. I am sure we will be seeing lots of homemade demos going online soon.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
I think if this was a packet trick for 9.99 there would hardly be any comments but at that price it is (to me) a hell of a lot. I am sure we will be seeing lots of homemade demos going online soon.

I do think it's a little on the high side for what is received. As I stated earlier, I think the price is based on the strong effect it creates more than what it's made of.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
Quote:

I do think it's a little on the high side for what is received. As I stated earlier, I think the price is based on the strong effect it creates more than what it's made of.

I think they set the price based off "Balance". If that never came out, this would be $25-$30. But since that was so high at $250 they figured we would think we were getting a bargain at $55 and hey - people are buying it up. They'll take it if they can get it!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thank you for the review, RNK!! Looking forward to see more reviews.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
And you saw what happened with Balanced, there were massive sales on them not long after they were released.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stasis by Jambor (73 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL