The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Legalities and working with a bunny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Im posting this for a friend. Hes looking to work a rabbit into his show. Ive raised rabbits before so I know how to care for them but don't know the legalities of using them in a show. Can someone help him out. He was also wonder what people prefer when producing them and the prefered breed. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Rabbits are known to carry diseases, so you have to take them to a vet and get their shots, and a physical check up. The vet should know the laws in your ares, so find out from him/her and your local county SPCA and/or animal control.

Best effect, pull a rabbit from a hat, not seen very often.

Netherlands rabbits are best for magic, because they stay small in size.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Thanks Bill. Ill pass that information along. Ive raised rabbits for meat and didn't have to worry about a vet. That Ntherland is a cute little guy.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Abbott's Magic have some nice box effects that use a rabbit in their livestock section. Check them out on line at www.abbottmagic.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
It was a USDA regulation to have a licensee to perform with a rabbit in an act until last year where the rules were changed to allow magicians to own and use up to eight rabbits in an act without a registration

I have owned and used rabbits in my act for more then twelve years and have never had to administer an injection or have any rabbits contracted any disease in all the years I have used them.

When I first started using rabbits, I got the normal pink eyed rabbits to use, they do grow to an enormous size, and in time grow to large to fit into the tricks, it’s the reason I have had so many rabbits, not one rabbit had died since I have had rabbits, I just traded them in for baby rabbits

Now I own New Zealand Dwarf Rabbits, this breed stays small and are very cute

Purchase two rabbits, they seem to be happier when they have a friend to be with and it also gives you the opportunity to vanish one and have it reappear, be sure they are the same sex, or you will have lots of rabbits to contend with Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Legalities and working with a bunny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL