The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magifest 2020 - January 16-18th 2020 Columbus, Ohio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bcstoner
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of bcstoner
After attending my very first magic convention which was MAXX Southwest in Dallas this year... I'm hooked. I've already booked my flight and hotel for Magifest. I was curious as to who all here planned on going? What were your past experiences like, what should I expect? Is there anything you know now that you wish you'd have known when you attended your first magifest? What tricks are you packin?
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
I’ll be attending for the first time as well. I’m excited! Let’s jam
James Nelson
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of James Nelson
I am very disappointed that the Society of American Magicians moved their annual convention to overlap MagiFest for January 2020. So this will divide up attendees and worse yet... the Dealers. I heard the SAM moved to these dates because the IBM has bumped heads with them in the past.... so they bump heads with one of the largest independent conventions. SAM and IBM should be in consecutive weeks to accommodate international travelers. Very poor planning by the SAM.
chiartguy
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
56 Posts

Profile of chiartguy
I have one weekend registration to MagiFest 2020 that I can no longer use. Vanishing Inc says it can be transfered to someone else of my choosing. I got the early bird price which is $200 and am only looking to recoup that amount (the current price if you register now is $250 so you'd save fifty bucks). If it helps sweeten the deal, I also have a room reservation for five nights in the convention hotel (which is now sold out) and I'm happy to transfer it to your name for however many nights you need (you'd pay for the hotel room yourself of course). Please message me if you are interested. You'd be doing me a big favor. Thanks!
chiartguy
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
56 Posts

Profile of chiartguy
...and the registration is now sold. Have a great time at the convention everyone!
Greg Moreland
View Profile
New user
Oregon
1 Post

Profile of Greg Moreland
I've got an extra bed at the overflow hotel. (The main hotel is sold out.)
The Sheraton Columbus. They say it's a short walk.
My room is for Jan 16, 17, & 18. After taxes half would be $64/night.
Call me at 503-371-2222.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3824 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Best convention. Sucks the changed hotels. New hotel was used a few yrs ago and it’s a pain from a parking standpoint.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2108 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My first magic convention, looking forward to it. (bring a jacket everyone!)
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
gerryc
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of gerryc
It was a great time. I thought the hotel worked well. You did have to pay 28$ a day to park though.
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
I was highly disappointed with the hotel. The location is terrible, there was very limited choices for places to eat. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was a complete joke. The dealers room was so packed it was hard to get through. They should have put the show room on one floor, and dealer hall on another. It would have given way more room. I hope for future ones, they switch Venues
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2108 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Magic Review - My trip to MagiFest 2020 - Vanishing Inc // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0mgaCMysEY
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
Ace of Spades
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Ace of Spades
I agree about the hotel. There were a couple good restaurants around but not many.
Didn't care for the valet parking but...
The worst was the dealer room. WAY too small and crowded. I ended up not spending half what I took because I could not get to some of the dealers. After a couple tries I didn't go back.
The talent was great! Dani is one of the best.
Only negative about the shows was the Sat night show how they herded you in like cattle and would not let you sit anywhere you wanted. I get it, they had to make sure all seats were taken but between that and the dealer room fiasco I would not go back if it is in the same venue.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Perhaps they may take lessons from the past Magi Fest dealer rooms...
The dealers set up in their room which they slept. Made for a great time and prevented the over crowding in one room with all dealers in it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magifest 2020 - January 16-18th 2020 Columbus, Ohio (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL