The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » When a Balloon Pops (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz

What funny lines do you use when a balloon pops?

[Click] Lots of videos and tips for magicians.

Thank you.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
This looks to be an old post but I'll add two cents worth.

I do a few effects with balloons, needle through balloon, tube and nail penetration, object into balloon etc.

For me, I find that the less said by me the better if an effect goes wrong. If a balloon pops I like to make it look like it was all part of the fun but I have a few outs that I can use instead of trying to talk around it.

Here are some ideas for what they are worth..

If one pops I act very surprised, pull out hanky or silk and pretend to wipe my forehead. I don't say anything but I keep an old construction helmet, and pair of goggles nearby. I get these out, make a big deal of putting them on and when I start again I hold the balloon and/or the prop at arms length, cock my head and close one eye like I am afraid it will explode.. This will usually get a chuckle and it seems to re-enforce the fact that it is a real balloon and the needles and spikes are real as well. Then I just go ahead and try it again..

Every once in a while I will purposely pop the first balloon so I can do this little routine..

Sometimes I just get out the hanky or silk and pretend to be worried and wipe my brow, hold everything at arms length etc. then go on to do it again..if by any chance I have another popper then I get out the helmet and googles, this way I have a built in third out.

If it is an effect I can do with gloves on, I will keep a pair of heavy gloves "in reserve" and add these to the helmet and goggles or use them as a reason to go back to the box to retrieve them for different out, and try it again.

So far I have never had to use more than one out but this routine gives me a number of ways to build in some outs if I need them.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Balloon pops - CRY - so I learned to Cartoon any animal (some people can even do character)- on sheet is my contact # - they take it home - put on refridg. available for next show or other gigs - no more cry.
munkywrench
View Profile
Loyal user
Conway, SC
298 Posts

Profile of munkywrench
It wanted to be a poppy vs a puppy or hey we all make mistakes lets try again.
Family Biz. https://www.facebook.com/dreamweaverconway/
Disciple of the Close-Up Kinda Guy PH.
Balloon Blast Video Show junkie.
Supporter of http://www.myrtlebeachmagician.com/
Retired Demo Dude
IBM #334 supporter
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
When a ball pops for me I always say surprise. Makes the kids laugh so then every time that it does pop if it does they also say surprise
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
When a balloon pops, I scowl at some random kid or adult & say "Your fault!!"
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » When a Balloon Pops (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL