The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Can you perform outside?" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
763 Posts

Profile of 61magic
This is an interesting post which had a lot of attention back in 2004 when the post started. Fast forward to today where many of us were hit pretty hard with the downturn in market with COVID shutting everything down.
There were times where I would have taken an outdoor show just to keep in performance practice before a live group.
In any case I have done many shows over the years in outdoor venues like fairs, carnivals, company picnics even backyard birthday parties. I learned something from each and everyone one of them.
This experience helped me to develop an act which could be performed using most of the same effects with some changing to fit the venue to reduce the outdoors problems.
Even indoor venues have their issues and rarely ever "ideal" conditions which have to be accounted for.
I did outdoor because I love to perform for people and not for myself in front of a mirror.
Just a couple of thoughts...
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
914 Posts

Profile of Russo
Stages for Out Door Shows - I've done one on a low railed trailer for a Party Shop (they have / would recommend me for Parties )- also using an low open backed box'd or regular truck, which also was able to use of a 6 fold screen as backdrop - just be careful of Vol. coming up to asst you. Parking lots, Picnic Grounds - etc. Best to all Magi, Ralph
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I perform outside a lot. What I like about outside is less to travel. No basement or upstairs to go to. But I cannot set up my backdrop because of the winds. I always must find a shaded area for my pets. And so the sun will not be in the children's eyes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Can you perform outside?" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL