The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Remote Viewing documentary on Amazon (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Djin
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Djin
I recently watched "Third Eye Spies" on Amazon. It's a fairly well presented documentary on the US gov program to use "remote viewing" and psychics in general to spy on the Soviets during the Cold War. A physicist who was involved in the program requested and got declassification of the material, got in front of a camera and a film is born. In short, the gist of the piece is that psychics are real. It's presented in a fairly serious way. Minimal woo-woo.

I enjoyed watching it and think it's of interest to the Mystery Arts performance world. My takeaway is that no disclaimer you give will convince at least a segment of your audience that your gift is real. I'm not trying to re beat the well flogged ethical discussion we have about presenting psychic ability as real, I was just struck by the irony that a brand new mainstream documentary is describing psi phenomenon in this way.

Check it out if you like.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I will !!!!! I need another part time gig!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to watching this documentary!
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
It’s a great piece that gives the true origin and shows a lot of the evidence for remote viewing. I’ve done some remote viewing training and I highly recommend it to all psychic entertainers to research it and actually do it. You will be astonished how accurate you can be.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I loved the part where some of the subjects they wanted for a control sample started producing amazing results!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Watching this documentary brought me back to being a kid in the 1970s again, when I thought PSI was real. Maybe it is after all...or at least some of it...
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I have no doubt that believing in psi-phenomena can make a psychic-entertainer more believable.

Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Since we routinely ask our audiences to "willingly suspend their disbelief," it's only natural that we, as performers, also follow suit.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2019, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Since we routinely ask our audiences to "willingly suspend their disbelief," it's only natural that we, as performers, also follow suit.

After watching this documentary, my disbelief has been genuinely suspended.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2019, Slim King wrote:
I will !!!!! I need another part time gig!!!! Smile

Smile Smile Smile
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2019, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:

An excellent point! And something that I struggle with on a regular basis. Sometimes it's hard to focus on a method while trying to pretend it doesn't exist.
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greeting Compeers...

Doing magic, isn't natural...but in doing magic, you must be natural. I completely and totally believe in magic...I believe magic is within me and all around me. I am never away from magic...even though there are methods behind my presentations...I always believe what I am presenting is absolutely and completely real. I also believe that intuition and related abilities are also real. Yes...there is a line that separates "methods" and "applied intuition", and as an entertainer of magic and mentalism...I always maintain that "line of separation". Dunninger said it best: "To those who believe, no explanation is necessary...for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice..."

Continued Success,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2019, Matt Pulsar wrote:
It’s a great piece that gives the true origin and shows a lot of the evidence for remote viewing. I’ve done some remote viewing training and I highly recommend it to all psychic entertainers to research it and actually do it. You will be astonished how accurate you can be.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/......01-8.pdf
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Remote Viewing documentary on Amazon (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL