The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Impromptu Prior Commitment (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fredzik
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Fredzik
I am a big fan of the Prior Commitment routine and I wanted to share a way to go into it without the need
of setting up the routine in advance but rather any time from a Mnemonica ordered deck.
So when I open a new deck I tattoo (with a fine red sharpie) the number 23 on one hand of the Queen
of hearts, and the number 40 on the cheek of the King of hearts ... and I am ready to go:
Proceed with the usual procedure, namely ask a first spectator to cut about mid-deck (between 11-35) and remember the face he cut to,
and a second spectator about half the remaining cards (beyond 35, obviously) and remember also the card he cut to.
Then you explain you will call for the help a fortune teller gypsy spying in the deck and her husband,
and you go to find them and perform the undo principle control.
With Mnemonica, the selections will be found always at 23rd and 40th positions.
And as a final climax, you can show the fate tatooed on hand and cheek.
For the purists of the routine this is an alternative take but I tried it several times and enjoyed it a lot.
As I wrote earlier, this a the great advantage of beeing impromptu and you can start it anytime you feel the mood.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
That's a nice variation on this effect. Obviates the need to keep the jokers in the deck. This is something I might play with. The only problem is with two fewer cards in the deck the setup positions will change. Gives me a reason to revisit this trick, which is a great one.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Fredzik
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Fredzik
Yes. With the QH and KH I indicated ( instead of the jokers) with a 52 cards , the revelations are at positions 23 and 40.
If you have the two jokers at the bottom of the deck (Stack number 53 and 54), the second revelation ends at position 42
and you could even use Max MAven google revelation "what is the answer to life, the universe and everything ?" (Geek gypsy :-D )

For Aronson stack, there is also a pair of mates at the same 11 and 35 locations ( 10S and 10C) by the way.
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
This is great! Thanks for posting. I've been using Asi Wind's version called A Coin Trick with a Shuffled deck lately but this give me a reason to do it more when I have a stack deck.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Fredzik
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Fredzik
For sake of completness, here is how the KH looks like for the revelation.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Impromptu Prior Commitment (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL