The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tips on street performing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
Could anyone share some tips they have on street performing i am very interested in it.. what works, what doesn't, money or no money, a table or no table, who to pick who not anything like that would be very uselful, thanks.

Magicman01462

aka Richard
Bird Brain
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Bird Brain
Richard,

I'm just starting on the streets myself, and here's some stuff you might want to check out. Keep in mind that I'm the the ultimate source for street magic reference, cause I sure ain't! Lol!
BUT, being the cool dude that I am, I always have some advice! Smile

Here's what I would suggest: There's some very good topics in this fourm on the subjects that you're asking about. There's some on money/tips, on tables, on effects.
When I was looking for some more info on this type of stuff, my eyes lit up when I found it! It's killer!

The second thing is: You've gotta try it for yourself. Get a few really good effects that large crowds can see, not just folks in the front row, do them on the streets, and don't be afraid. I was SO scared when I first went out onto the streets ( Smile ), but after I did my first show, I felt very relaxed! I was way more relaxed than doing a stand up show for a crowd at some event or party.

You just gotta see what works for yourself. It's a tough problem. You have magic tricks and a skill. There's people walking by. You have to make them stop, stay, and pay, as someone (I think Cellini?) said.
But it's very cool when you can do that!

Just get your stuff down man, and JUMP. Well, AFTER you read a little bit about it. Smile

Good luck!

Bird Brain
Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American Dreams, All of which are American Dreams
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Bird Brain wrote: Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American Dreams, All of which are American Dreams

Rage Against The Machine, right? Good stuff.

Anyway, back to the thread...the best way to learn street magic is experience. Tips will help, but by getting out there and giving it a go, you'll find what works for you, and (maybe more importantly) what doesn't.

So, put together a short act, take a deep breath and never look back! It's a blast.

Cheers

ML
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tips on street performing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL