The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drop Shuffle - A Deceptive New False Shuffle! (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
imacmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of imacmagic
Gotta say I love it too. Very nice move. My favorite variation is a simple sloppy 4 pile cut.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
287 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I agree with all that has been said. Nice work!
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Regular user
Osaka
183 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2019, imacmagic wrote:
Gotta say I love it too. Very nice move. My favorite variation is a simple sloppy 4 pile cut.

Yes, as I say in the download that is probably the one I use most too.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5773 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Beautiful move, awesome price... just one issue. It’s not a shuffle. It is an elaborate cut. I realize that the Slop Shuffle might have muddied those waters being that it moves groups of cards, but it happens in the hands and much more closely simulates an actual shuffle.

With cutting off packets and dropping them to the table, this Drop .... is a series of cuts. Deceptive as can be and completely pleasing to even skeptical spectators, but a cut, not a shuffle.
RCarruth
View Profile
Loyal user
Spartanburg, S.C.
225 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
Similar to Perception Shuffle by John Carey on Sweet Simplicity.. me think. Very good move regardless.
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1547 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2019, Tom Cutts wrote:
Beautiful move, awesome price... just one issue. It’s not a shuffle. It is an elaborate cut. I realize that the Slop Shuffle might have muddied those waters being that it moves groups of cards, but it happens in the hands and much more closely simulates an actual shuffle.

With cutting off packets and dropping them to the table, this Drop .... is a series of cuts. Deceptive as can be and completely pleasing to even skeptical spectators, but a cut, not a shuffle.

You’re right. At the same time I would say most spectators would perceive this as a shuffle. So the name makes sense to me.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2019, disgruntledpuffin wrote:
Hi Ben.

I have a similar concept called the Tabled Charlier which will be on my DVD when it's released at Blackpool. Our ideas are different enough to not cause problems for each other, just wanted to give you a heads up!

Perhaps we could discuss privately?

Cheers,

Jack

Which dvd ? Thank you
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Elite user
i have nothing to say about my
450 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2019, learachel wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2019, disgruntledpuffin wrote:
Hi Ben.

I have a similar concept called the Tabled Charlier which will be on my DVD when it's released at Blackpool. Our ideas are different enough to not cause problems for each other, just wanted to give you a heads up!

Perhaps we could discuss privately?

Cheers,

Jack

Which dvd ? Thank you

Hi mate. I can't really discuss it in a thread for someone else's product, this thread should be for Ben's move, which is great. My dvd is called "When the Dealing's Done" and will be available from Big Blind Media at Blackpool.

Cheers,

Jack
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1547 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2019, disgruntledpuffin wrote:
Hi mate. I can't really discuss it in a thread for someone else's product... My dvd is called "When the Dealing's Done" and will be available from Big Blind Media at Blackpool.
Jack

Am I the only one who is reminded of Basil Fawlty in "The Germans"?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2086 Posts

Profile of 252life
Very happy I picked this up.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
This is a really good version of this style false shuffle. And a really good price.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1217 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Just got this and it is very good. Thanks for releasing this Ben.

Kieran
JesterAndrus
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of JesterAndrus
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:

You’re right. At the same time I would say most spectators would perceive this as a shuffle. So the name makes sense to me.

I think it depends on the situation. This gives the impression of random disorder to some extent to spectators, which is good enough if it fits to the demonstration.
But during a normal card game I would be urged to shuffle the cards correctly, as blocks of cards can produce a similar game result at times.

In the end, I'm glad to have this in my arsenal.
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Regular user
Osaka
183 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2019, JesterAndrus wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:

I think it depends on the situation. This gives the impression of random disorder to some extent to spectators, which is good enough if it fits to the demonstration.
But during a normal card game I would be urged to shuffle the cards correctly, as blocks of cards can produce a similar game result at times.

In the end, I'm glad to have this in my arsenal.

I'd agree that I used the term "shuffle" to mean "mixed up" as opposed to what you might think as a traditional shuffle. It's not what I'd use in something like a poker demonstration (although I do talk about a presentation that could justify it on the download), but for general purposes it works well. Plus, I figure that if the Charlier shuffle can get away with calling itself a shuffle then the Drop Shuffle can too Smile

Anyway, nomenclature aside, I'm glad that people seem to like it!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1646 Posts

Profile of Ross W
This would suit my multiple-selection routine.

Shuffle, cut, splitting, hairs...
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2086 Posts

Profile of 252life
I’m having a lot of fun with this. I’m beyond satisfied. Thx
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
249 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I don't do much work with a table, but have been looking to diversify my skillset. Memdeck work is top of my list for working on and I'm glad that you mentioned this shuffle's usage in that area.

Best Regards from Guam, J
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
64 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
I was lucky enough to meet Ben in the French Drop magic bar located in Osaka last year. And Ben was so generous that he taught me this shuffle. Even I knew how this shuffle work exactly already , I still bought the download so as to know more about the tips and thought behind. I would like to say this is so good so real and so deceptive. Definitely looking forward to see more release from Ben.
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
113 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Makes a perfect small "order-chaos-order" routine... i´m very happy with it!
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Regular user
Osaka
183 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Thanks for the great feedback everyone, I'm very pleased you are finding it useful.

If anyone has any questions either before buying or for those who've already purchased it then please let me know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drop Shuffle - A Deceptive New False Shuffle! (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL