The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Conjuror community warning (63 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doric
View Profile
Special user
511 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Thank you for responding, Adam. I took your suggestion and emailed Gregory Wilson to ask if a partial package deal might be available.

I remain grateful for the outstanding lecture that Gregory gave us and grateful to CC for hosting it and making it happen.

Mark

That's more like it Mark. See, it's better to be nice. 😁
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
767 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Gregory responded. He offered a discount for 4 items that he has in stock that were in the original CC package (not sure I should post the details in this thread, so I won't). It was very nice for Greg to offer a discount, but it pales in comparison to the original deal (which I ordered and paid for within minutes of it being offered). Those 4 items would come to about $150 after the discount (compared to $97 for the larger package offered through CC). So, $53 more for far fewer items.

Disappointed.

Mark
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
790 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Honestly, that was the best & funniest response I've seen to random whining on these boards in a long long time.

Except if you're Adam's grandmother. I think she's the only one who has the right to be upset.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1720 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, Adam Grace wrote:
Oh... one more thing... I made this for you guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXZly4jSrhc

That was AWESOME. Thanks, Adam. You had me in stitches. And kudos for The Other Brothers for having a sense of humor about themselves.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2426 Posts

Profile of 252life
We need more of those. I nominate anything from Rick Lax Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1720 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
^ YESSSSSSSSS!!!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3905 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I received an email saying I could get a $197 trick selection program for only $7. To be completely frank, my initial reaction to the process was not pleasant. When I clicked on the link, I got to a "HARD SELL" page that was trying to get me to spend another some 40 bucks. I understand upsell, but this was a video that I had to sit through to find out if this was going to proceed with what I paid for or not. When I realized it was NOT, I then had to scroll down and try to figure this out. I had to click on an exit link saying I was not interested which had me worried that I wasn't even going to get anything for my 7 bucks. That took me to another upsell page, but this time, wanting me to shell out some $107 or so. Again, another sales video, and again, I had to click on a "get me the heck out of here" link at the bottom. Finally, I arrived at the instructional trick selection page. At first, again I was disappointed because it starts out with a lot of rambling about things that are not novel or earthshattering, like how performing for people is like courting a girl. You don't ask her to marry you at first sight. I'm sure this was useful information for some, but I spent around an hour going through this sort of stuff. Then, it got into some examples of openers that were pretty decent. I am actually going to take some ideas from their money production routine and incorporate them into my own similar routine. So, all in all, for me, I wasn't disappointed that I spent a mere 7 bucks on this, but frankly, and again, just for me, I was disappointed that I spent SO much time, and I would have been highly disappointed if I had paid more than around 10 bucks for this. In my mind, in no way was this originally worth $197 or $107, or anywhere near that.

So, I don't blame you for having reservations about Conjuror Community. I'm sure they have some good stuff, but they really need to look in the mirror and examine how they do business.

Personally, I wouldn't go back to Conjuror Community because my experience was that they wasted my time for material that was recycled from other people's work, with minimal improvements and dragged the explanations out to the point of excess.

Again, this is just my opinion based on my experience level. This might have been a great deal for someone with little experience, but if you are in intermediate or better magician, you have been warned.

Sorry, just keeping it real.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3905 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
By the way, to clarify, my experiences described above were after I had already paid the 7 bucks, so I was already "hooked".
KJ
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, Adam Grace wrote:
Oh... one more thing... I made this for you guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXZly4jSrhc

This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!!
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
I participated in their Kickstarter. Got their CC deck and Pandemonium and to my surprise there was an extra free gimmick which is for an effect on its own.
There are several online sessions that come with the Kickstarter. First one is 3 hours.
Was good value I believe and I found customer service to be decent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Conjuror community warning (63 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL