The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » NEW TABLES! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys -
Patrick from Murphy's here. I wanted to let you know we received a
couple great new tables (especially for Children's Performers).
They're made really well and the detail is fantastic!

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65712
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65711

Enjoy!
p
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Straight out of 1965. Come on, it’s almost 2020.
Topper2
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Topper2
Most magic we do is out of the 1850s, if not earlier, so I'd say tables from 1965 would be pretty good for the drawer boxes and linking rings etc we still use today.

Come on, if you're insisting we all do magic of the 2020s almost all the contents of this Forum would be wiped out!

I've got a pair of rabbit tables that really do come from the 1960s (actually I bought them in 1964!) and they still look showy for kiddy performances.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I agree with you Topper. I am also still performing old magic tricks. Linking Rings, Cups and Balls for example. They are so old that spectators look at them as new these days.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
If you're going to use a table with a figure on it, it needs to match your décor. I actually think the rabbit table could be appropriate for a kid show performer, if you can use a table like that and it fits in. I'm not so sure about the Court Card one.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
2012 Table WJ22-09
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Unless you are a retro performer, the first table should be lost in time. We may do old tricks, but that does not mean we present ourselves as out of step with society- What do kids know about cards? Most, not much. Few of us do card tricks for kids. The second one seems fine for a kid's performer.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The following table can be used in all type of shows: http://magicnook.com/WizJ22/wizj22-09ColorFreeTableWell.htm What I like is how the fabric can be changed to match any type of atmosphere.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Reminds me - years ago I bought a folding table with a snake charmer on it - I flat black sprayed it (sorry Abbott's), being a little artistic I painted a Br. Rabbet on it - YOU could re-design anything that would go with YOUR Act. Everything doesn't have to be just as you bought it..
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I always believe that it should be you that shines, not your props. I use a portable computer table. Something you may want to use in an airport. Small, light, effective. If you want you can always cover it with a cloth, and it is a lot cheaper.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
KC,

Do you have a link to the one you prefer to use? Thanks.

-Paul
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have 2. They are wonderful

http://www.instand.com/
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Which model? I've looked at these b3fore but never sure which was best.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
There website is really bad, but their customer service is great

insTand - For Standing or Sitting

My first I bought maybe 15 years ago and the 2nd I bought 5 years ago (approx). Both have had heavy use and are still strong and sturdy as ever. There is some small differences in them as they improve the design.

good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » NEW TABLES! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL