The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Benefits of using a T.U.C over other gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Can anyone tell me what the benefits are over using the T.U.C over either a S***l or a fl***er ?

Also if purchasing a T.U.C which coin do people recommend as having read a thread of over 70 pages it would appear that not all T.U.C are made to the same standard as I've read many comments stating various problems with the gimmick however I don't fancy reading through all 70 plus pages again...sorry for my laziness in advance.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
The answer to your question depends upon what you want to use it for. For example, with a TUC, you can casually toss it in the air. I wouldn't recommend doing that with a She***d coin unless you are using a Lassen set with a vacuum fit. Same goes for most fl****rs. However, because of the nature of the TUC (and the issue of thinness), I would not use it in a Matrix routine.

As for quality, I bought my Morgan TUC directly from Marcelo Insua by contacting him here on the Café and the quality is top notch. I bought several less expensive TUCs several years ago (copper/silver, non-silver Kennedy half) and the older ones have a square m****t which makes opening it a bit more fiddly. All the newer ones have a round m****t, which is better. Inquire before you buy if you are buying a used TUC gaff.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for your input, it's very rare that I use a table when working so not performing matrix effects isn't really going to effect me to much. I own a few Lassen coin sets and whilst very good I wouldn't be tossing any of them into the air mainly because I wouldn't want to replace them.

From what I read in the 70 plus page thread it would appear that the Morgan TUC is probably the best version in regards to quality I would just be interested to know what the benefit of using a TUC are over other older gimmicks as people in the thread were saying that this coin has replaced their other coin gimmicks.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I wrote the book "T.U.C. Appreciation" because it allowed my crippled hands to once again perform coin effects I only ustacould.

It has unique features and limitation - a tool to be used for those with clear intention of results. It does not do magic for you.
Should you buy one? Should you read my book with more than 60 effects using the TUC features? Why do you need a gimmick at all?

In the process of creating 38 new effects for that book, and communication with contributors around the world and having Marcello come to my home and entertain my 90's parents --
I found the real magic of just reveling in creativity.

Tango had a less than stellar rep before the TUC. Part of that was poor explanation/translation of support material. Marcello asked me to help,
and part of the book is his routines in better form. But the real joy was seeing his taking one of my ideas and creating his 24 coin production ending.

In my opinion, all of the detractions come from trying to make the TUC something it is not - an substitute for audience engagement, practice and routining.

It will not make of you a magician, but if your goal is "must be magic" as they walk away, it can help.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Funsway first of all thank you for taking the time to post however your post hasn't really answered my questions so I'm really none the wiser.

Whilst I'm no Eric Jones I do perform a reasonable amount of coin work which is mainly gimmick free, that said I do have a few gaffs courtesy of Todd Lassen so I'm not a total novice with gimmicks.

In the 70 plus page thread which you yourself commented on there were a few people who said that this gimmick would be replacing there other gimmicks, however there were also quite a few comments with regards the the quality of this gimmick not being as good as it should be with most saying that the Morgan dollars were the best option.

My question is what does this gimmick allow me to do what other standard gimmicks don't and what coin do people recommend to get it in ?

I know most have said the Morgan but I would be interested to hear about the quality of the smaller coins ?

With regards to what I perform and what I like to be able to accomplish, I like a good old fashioned coins across for which I have a few methods that I perform already both with and without gimmicks but usually ending with the last coin appearing in the spectators hands.
I like 3 fly routines although currently I only perform an ungimmicked version.
Coin productions and vanishes etc and although I do perform a very clean ungimmicked matrix routine that is probably the only type of routine that I'm not really interested in as it doesn't suit my usual performing environments.
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I have the Tickets in Eisenhower Dollar. I really like it. I have no trouble with operation. Mine is a newer one with the round mag. You said you don't like tossing the coin in the air, I agree with that. You sure wouldn't want to drop it. I do, however, roll it and flip it from palm to palm. I would not do this with other types of gimmicks. When I show two coins in my hand, then give it a shake and there's only one, it's as good as the dolphin. When you want to throw it up and have one disappear in midair, the dolphin is better. So, it's good to have both.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Personally I prefer a split coin. You can put it on their hand and casually set it on the table. they all work the same. unlike what I read about tuc's.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
Personally I prefer a split coin. You can put it on their hand and casually set it on the table. they all work the same. unlike what I read about tuc's.

Sent you a PM - please read your messages

Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Benefits of using a T.U.C over other gimmicks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL