The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Viper Wallet by Sylvain Vip & Maxime Schuch (135 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
This looks interesting. Have not found a discussion on the Cafť.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12524

Viper is a stylish leather card holder, but its innocent appearance conceals a diabolical secret that enables you to read people's minds.

The ingenious Viper system gives you instant access to any written information (text, drawings, numbers, etc.) that is inserted into the card holder.

As soon as the information is placed into the holder, Viper can immediately be closed. Whenever you need to, you are then able to see - clearly and in full - exactly what your spectator has written, without having to open Viper again, or perform any suspicious moves.

You can even show Viper on both sides - there's nothing to fear, because there's nothing to see, unless you decide otherwise...

The Viper system gives you a full peek of anything that can be written on a business card.

You can also use Viper to peek the contents of a folded piece of paper... And, just to push things even further, we've made sure that Viper can give you access to written information from multiple spectators in a single peek!

Viper can also be used to load and steal business cards, billets and playing cards.

With its natural, slimline form factor, Viper can be easily slipped into any jacket or pants pocket.

Viper is designed to be used as an everyday item, and can carry your credit cards, business cards and loyalty card

Magic Orthodoxyís current favorite:

https://youtu.be/xk42ZcZ2k_4

Anyone own it?
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
For the quite high price, I'm not sure this outdoes the more versatile Stealth Assassin Wallet, where one of the peeks is similarly a "don't have to open the wallet" type.

Same for Looch's Blink -- easy peek, no re-opening the business card case, and can be viewed from all sides without tipping anything.

Not sure why Magic Orthodoxy likes the Viper so much; he wasn't very specific.

Also, I wonder if the Viper guys got permission for the SUC peek from its creator, Mark Strivings; maybe they'll chime in.

All this said, I'm open to being convinced!

Cheers,
Jerry
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
This Murphy's link shows the peeks, one of which -- the non-SUC one -- looks very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM8vIJQMhVs
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2019, bugjack wrote:
This Murphy's link shows the peeks, one of which -- the non-SUC one -- looks very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM8vIJQMhVs


Thanks Bugjack! Looks impressive. With no misdirection and it still looked clean.
Magic Orthodoxy is going to do a product review on it as well so weíll hear more about this.
Iíve already ordered Trinity last week and am waiting for it as I didnít want to go over 100 on my first wallet but will be good to know about this.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2252 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I may be mistaken but one of the peeks on the Viper is no good for words.

As a wallet this does look good but I'll be sticking to Blink.

Neil
cardistry master
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
The folded peek basic method looks similar to the blind mans wallet.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
I really like how you can get a full peek just in the act of placing the wallet on the spectators hand as that looks very fair and above suspicion.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1530 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
It is attractive in several ways...I'll give it that. I mean, any fool could look at the Viper and would have to admit it does look nice. And the multiple peek options, well they are quite nice. Yeah, okay, it looks interesting.

But I don't need another peek wallet. After all, I've been posting for months how Underhanded and Underlooked have CURED me of that dreaded peek wallet addiction that was so hard to break. I've been on the wagon for over a year...not a single new wallet purchase. Surely I'll stay strong and resist this one too...

(Goes and gets something to eat).

30 minutes later...

I can almost smell the new, soft, supple leather through my computer screen...I haven't been with a wallet in months!!

(Turns off computer screen. Puts towel over monitor. Goes for a walk).

Can't stop thinking about the Viper. The excitement when the Priority Mail package arrives. Tearing open the plastic envelope. Opening the sturdy, logo'd box for the first time. The smell of leather wafting upward as the tissue paper is carefully unwrapped.

NO!! STAY STRONG.

"Go practice Underhanded 10 times, and when you're done with that, practice Underlooked 10 times." I tell myself.

But the thoughts persist. Can't stop thinking about the Viper.

I call my sponsor. But he's not available. His wife says he's on the computer in the den, on Penguinmagic.com, mumbling something about a new wallet...

NO!!! I...MUST...STAY...STRONG...

(The next morning.)

Just awoke. Grab phone, check email. Receipt from PayPal. Order confirmation message from Penguin.

No memory of having placed the order. Must have blacked out, entered a fugue state.

TO BE CONTINUED...

P.S. Please don't wallet shame me. Support me during my time of weakness.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3421 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Hahahahahaha

I feel you brother. Keep us posted.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
no2ss
View Profile
Veteran user
California
311 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2019, Stunninger wrote:
It is attractive in several ways...I'll give it that. I mean, any fool could look at the Viper and would have to admit it does look nice. And the multiple peek options, well they are quite nice. Yeah, okay, it looks interesting.

But I don't need another peek wallet. After all, I've been posting for months how Underhanded and Underlooked have CURED me of that dreaded peek wallet addiction that was so hard to break. I've been on the wagon for over a year...not a single new wallet purchase. Surely I'll stay strong and resist this one too...

(Goes and gets something to eat).

30 minutes later...

I can almost smell the new, soft, supple leather through my computer screen...I haven't been with a wallet in months!!

(Turns off computer screen. Puts towel over monitor. Goes for a walk).

Can't stop thinking about the Viper. The excitement when the Priority Mail package arrives. Tearing open the plastic envelope. Opening the sturdy, logo'd box for the first time. The smell of leather wafting upward as the tissue paper is carefully unwrapped.

NO!! STAY STRONG.

"Go practice Underhanded 10 times, and when you're done with that, practice Underlooked 10 times." I tell myself.

But the thoughts persist. Can't stop thinking about the Viper.

I call my sponsor. But he's not available. His wife says he's on the computer in the den, on Penguinmagic.com, mumbling something about a new wallet...

NO!!! I...MUST...STAY...STRONG...

(The next morning.)

Just awoke. Grab phone, check email. Receipt from PayPal. Order confirmation message from Penguin.

No memory of having placed the order. Must have blacked out, entered a fugue state.

TO BE CONTINUED...

P.S. Please don't wallet shame me. Support me during my time of weakness.


We've all been there... We may all still be there.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2252 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Having read that, I must must MUST resist the temptation of reaching for my wallet.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
Does anyone know what the measurements/dimensions of the wallet are as I can't see them when looking at the advertisement ?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Underlooked and using the envelope handling is absolute gold compared to every wallet I have ever seen .
I have fooled every layman period and every magician who hasnít heard of it 100% all of the time .
Itís completely undetectable and motivated to perfection imho .
I am not saying this wallet isnít great because it sounds brilliant .
However there is no way a plain normal envelope will ever be more suspicious than a wallet if it goes to the nitty gritty .
Of course itís nice to have options ( this sounds a brilliant one ) and also no one wants envelopes to tear etc , so thatís when making your own in Tyvek like I did comes in
handy Gaz 🙂
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Underlooked and using the envelope handling is absolute gold compared to every wallet I have ever seen .
I have fooled every layman period and every magician who hasnít heard of it 100% all of the time .
Itís completely undetectable and motivated to perfection imho .
I am not saying this wallet isnít great because it sounds brilliant .
However there is no way a plain normal envelope will ever be more suspicious than a wallet if it goes to the nitty gritty .
Of course itís nice to have options ( this sounds a brilliant one ) and also no one wants envelopes to tear etc , so thatís when making your own in Tyvek like I did comes in
handy Gaz 🙂


Hey Gaz, do you mean Underlooked by Arthur? And is the Underhanded, the Underhanded by Atlas Brookings?
Thanks!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1530 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Hahahahahaha

I feel you brother. Keep us posted.


Will do Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Underlooked by Arthur is what I was referring to .
Underhanded never appealed to me , best wishes Gaz 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looking at Viper from the demos above it does appear the wallet is opened for a split second as itís placed on the spectators hand . The double folded prediction is clever but still appears opened very briefly in the same hinge like manner from the demo . The SUC is self explanatory which is a bonus and the other handling seems better still if itís a squeeze for the peek as thatís my speculation from viewing all the dems on it anyway Gaz 🙂
cardistry master
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Underlooked and using the envelope handling is absolute gold compared to every wallet I have ever seen .
I have fooled every layman period and every magician who hasnít heard of it 100% all of the time .
Itís completely undetectable and motivated to perfection imho .
I am not saying this wallet isnít great because it sounds brilliant .
However there is no way a plain normal envelope will ever be more suspicious than a wallet if it goes to the nitty gritty .
Of course itís nice to have options ( this sounds a brilliant one ) and also no one wants envelopes to tear etc , so thatís when making your own in Tyvek like I did comes in
handy Gaz 🙂


What is the envelope handling you've been talking about?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1530 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Looking at Viper from the demos above it does appear the wallet is opened for a split second as itís placed on the spectators hand . The double folded prediction is clever but still appears opened very briefly in the same hinge like manner from the demo . The SUC is self explanatory which is a bonus and the other handling seems better still if itís a squeeze for the peek as thatís my speculation from viewing all the dems on it anyway Gaz 🙂


Got the same impressions from watching the demo videos, Gaz. The non SUC peek seems very quick. Quick peeks are generally good for simple drawings, but perhaps not so great for words.

Also agree with your post that Underlooked is hard to beat.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7874 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, NeilS wrote:
Having read that, I must must MUST resist the temptation of reaching for my wallet.


Which one? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Viper Wallet by Sylvain Vip & Maxime Schuch (135 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL