The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Viper Wallet by Sylvain Vip & Maxime Schuch (135 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree that Underlooked and Underhanded are both very good with no need for a wallet.
AFA using a wallet for a peek, I still prefer my Minimal Wallet which is small and minimal enough that I can carry it everyday and play it off as my real wallet. By that I mean I actually carry another larger wallet with all my real stuff but no one needs to know that. The minimal is small and thin enough that it takes up very little space.

My concern with the Viper is that in the way I would probably wish to use it, the peek would need to be ultra quick which I’m sure is perfectly fine for many but I like a little slower peek, but that’s just me.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
With underlooked the envelope handling is shown as a bonus at 6.12 in on the tutorial . It’s not covered on the accompanying PDF Gaz 🙂
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, videoman wrote:
My concern with the Viper is that in the way I would probably wish to use it, the peek would need to be ultra quick which I’m sure is perfectly fine for many but I like a little slower peek, but that’s just me.

This is exactly my main concern too. Maybe someone will cover this in an upcoming review?

There are some peek wallets/devices/methods where the peek must occur very briefly as a result of how the tool was designed and intended to be used. And that's okay. There are times when all you need is a super fast glimpse at the information.

But other times you want a little more time to read or interpret what was written. I find myself increasingly gravitating towards approaches that allow a little more time to get the information. Scott Creasey's SCTP from MMM is outstanding for this.

It would be great to hear from someone who owns the Viper how much time you have to get the information using the non SUC peek.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Surely the occasions when you need more time is the perfect time for the SUC application of this ? Just my thoughts as that’s the whole point of the various methods within this wallet Gaz 🙂
gummyavenger
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of gummyavenger
I own it. You can take as long as you like for the peek. It's just a matter of how long you can get away with staring at the wallet. The way it's designed, it's very easy to take a split-second peek if you want to, and it happens during a very natural moment.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Surely the occasions when you need more time is the perfect time for the SUC application of this ? Just my thoughts as that’s the whole point of the various methods within this wallet Gaz 🙂

Yes, however I already own multiple wallets with the SUC feature, including 2 SUC cases. That the Viper has a SUC feature would not be enough for me to buy it, which is why I more interested in the other peek.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I understand and get you and it would be nice to have the perfect scenario .
However at the end of the day though they are called peek wallets for a reason Gaz 😉
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, gummyavenger wrote:
I own it. You can take as long as you like for the peek. It's just a matter of how long you can get away with staring at the wallet. The way it's designed, it's very easy to take a split-second peek if you want to, and it happens during a very natural moment.

Thanks, that was the insight I was looking for. It sounds like the non SUC peek is designed for a split-second peek hidden in a very natural moment, and if you need a longer peek, then use the SUC feature.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes I understand and get you and it would be nice to have the perfect scenario .
However at the end of the day though they are called peek wallets for a reason Gaz 😉

You are right about that Gaz Smile
gummyavenger
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of gummyavenger
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, that was the insight I was looking for. It sounds like the non SUC peek is designed for a split-second peek hidden in a very natural moment, and if you need a longer peek, then use the SUC feature.

Sorry, I was probably too ambiguous. You can indeed use the non SUC peek for as long as you like. There are even a couple examples of taking longer peeks in the explanation video.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
Gummyavenger can you tell us the measurements of the Viper?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
Sorry, I was probably too ambiguous. You can indeed use the non SUC peek for as long as you like. There are even a couple examples of taking longer peeks in the explanation video.

Oh okay great. Thank you for clarifying.
gummyavenger
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of gummyavenger
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, warren wrote:
Gummyavenger can you tell us the measurements of the Viper?

I don't have it here with me, but you can get a really good look at it in these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM8vIJQMhVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk42ZcZ2k_4
cardistry master
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I have the blind mans wallet and it looks like from watching the trailer you could do the same basic peek with the folded one.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3421 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I believe the non-SUC feature is similar to Paul Carnazzo's Annihilation wallet, i.e. you get a reverse image.

There was a thread about this already, though I'm not seeing it now.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
sujetom
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of sujetom
I was wondering if this wallet will have any lightning issues; for example the Annihilation one cannot be used un certain light conditions; and neither the telethought (with wich I am kind of dissapointed).

Also, the SUC looks so thin; but if this is more useful than a simple SUC maybe I'll get one.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
If the non-SUC peek (there must be a better name for it than that, but for now it works) has lighting restrictions, that would be a concern for me, too.

If I hadn't bought so many peek wallets over the last several years, experienced the initial excitement when ordering, only to find my excitement fade over the weeks that followed, I probably would order the Viper. In fact, I came close to hitting the buy button several times.

But last night I woke up in a cold sweat. Had a nightmare I was being chased by a Peektaur (half man, half wallet) and it's face was Dr. Jaks. He was shouting at me, "You fool!! I've given you the best wallet there is and you keep looking for something better!

Well, he may be right. When it comes to wallets, for me anyway, once the initial enthusiasm of the shiny new wallet wears off, all roads return to the Jaks...

Right now I prefer a stack peek without a wallet. But the one wallet I do keep and still use is the Jaks. Simple. Reliable. Clear peek in almost any lighting conditions. And very deceptive.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1816 Posts

Profile of 252life
Run Stunninger!!!Runnnnn!!
Peektaur got me..I tried to outrun him, but he's like a cheetah.

My Viper should arrive any day.

I hang my head in shame.
Take this as a cautionary tale friends.

252BrokeasaurusRex
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
252life when you get it could you let us know the measurements/ dimensions of the wallet please ?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
252life, LOL! Sometimes you get the wallet, and sometimes the wallet gets you...

But hey, you have a beautiful, classy new wallet on the way. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the Viper.

I may still get one yet...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Viper Wallet by Sylvain Vip & Maxime Schuch (135 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL