The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » All Alone - by David Regal and ID 360 - The 360 degrees Invisible Deck (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
660 Posts

Profile of egoli
Two new Invisible Deck variations from Card Shark. Not cheap but both look very good

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=382

All Alone - by David Regal
(Item-No. 300660)

We present our first colaboration with David Regal!

The spectator names any card.

You spread the deck between your hands and the freely named card appears face up in the face down deck. You turn the cards face up, revealing the other cards to be completely BLANK.

No force! (All 52 cards and Joker can be named.)
No “Double Decker”! (Regular playing card stock.)

With video instructions by David Regal.

and

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=383

ID 360 - The 360 degrees Invisible Deck
(Item-No. 300650)

The first Invisible Deck that can be performed fully surrounded!

A full deck with faces and backs! Any named card appears to be reversed in the deck without any sleight of hand. Great for situations where the magician needs to be aware of his angles! Can be performed with the deck Face Up or Face Down!

Comes with a fully customized Double Decker and english video instructions, including closed captions!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Both these look excellent.

David Regal's effect appears to be an advance over his original Alone, but it's hard to tell what's new. (The original effect was strong by itself, but required some pocket space.)

ID 360 looks flawless. The cleanliness factor is stunning. My only hesitation (besides the $49 price tag) is that Double Decker thin cards require delicate handling. Can someone with any Double Decker effect comment on this aspect in general?

Cheers,
Jerry "Soon to Be $49 Lighter?" Dunn
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3731 Posts

Profile of JanForster
No problem, I use a Double Decker since years for the cleanest possible version of "Trilogy"... this very special ID only you will handle (and you know how... Smile ...), so it is no issue at all. I got it here. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, jerdunn wrote:

David Regal's effect appears to be an advance over his original Alone, but it's hard to tell what's new. (The original effect was strong by itself, but required some pocket space.)

ID 360 looks flawless. The cleanliness factor is stunning. My only hesitation (besides the $49 price tag) is that Double Decker thin cards require delicate handling. Can someone with any Double Decker effect comment on this aspect in general?

Cheers,

I personally find that thin cards and RnS do not go well together. You need to have fingertips like sandpaper. YMMV.
I personally prefer the original version.
I purchased the DD Brainwave but couldn’t get on with it.
And as for the price. NFW.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
79 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, jerdunn wrote:

Cheers,

Hi Jerry,

the ID360 deck is indeed flawless and in my opinion based on my experience with different Double Decker decks, including the ID360, it's much less delicate as far as its handling is concerned than you're currently worried about.

It spreads beautifully when you need it to spread, and it won't when you don't want it to spread (though this comment only applies to those DD decks that are specially treated by Card Shark, and specifically to the ID360). You can freely show both the front and the back - at least until you revealed the spectator's card. There is a different handling compared to traditional IDs, and the spectator cannot pull out their card (what's what I've been doing so far).

Actually, I prefer showing the backs of the ID360 and revealing the face of the card in question which is dead easy.

Hope this helps and have fun with this deck Smile

Cheers
Michael
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Thanks Jan, Pegasus, and Michael!

Cheers,
Jerry
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, jerdunn wrote:

Cheers,

Regarding All Alone vs Alone, I guess with this you can have the spec pick any card at all. But the downside (if I’m seeing this right) is that you can’t take their card out of the spread and hand it to them - which makes the benefit of the cards being regular thickness and not dd’s a bit spurious I think. Not a trick for a handsy crowd.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
I had the same mixed feelings about All Alone.
I've always really liked Alone but I'm not sure this trade-off of having to leave the card in the deck and only display it partially is an improvement over just a very, very minor bit of E and then being able to handle the card very freely and openly.

OR, simply using 2 decks, only showing one and then pocket it momentarily while you explain whatever you wish as part of your presentation. The spec can freely choose any of the 52 cards. Then remove the "deck" and finish the trick. Again, the card could be handled freely at the end.

The ID360 could be nice though, but then again, I've been having so much fun with Richard Sander's Any Card that I'm not really sure I need another effect of this genre.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is the process the same with regards to mental math with this version?
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Joshua Jay's Out of Sight (also a Card Shark Edition) lets you achieve the same kind of effect ( specs card doesn't show turned around though ) but with the added advantage of being able to show the whole card which makes it stronger for me.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of David French
Personally, I will never change from the original Invisible Deck. Seems all these improvements are making your run when you are not being chased. In 35 years I have never had anyone question the deck, want to see it, the backs and have never had an angle issue. Sound like an old man, don't I? Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3731 Posts

Profile of JanForster
No, Smile. You are right as long as you work stand up and have no people behind you. I see it as an mere option or alternative - for certain conditions. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, David French wrote:
Personally, I will never change from the original Invisible Deck. Seems all these improvements are making your run when you are not being chased. In 35 years I have never had anyone question the deck, want to see it, the backs and have never had an angle issue. Sound like an old man, don't I? Smile

Agreed 100 percent. And don’t get me started on the price difference for the same outcome.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree that showing both sides of an ID is not necessary although there may be times when it is advantageous. But the use of DD's may negate that advantage.

And although it doesn’t happen often, specs could still suspect sleight of hand, that you somehow managed to flip their card over very quickly. And if they do mention that there is nothing you can really do except deny it and move on.
That’s what I love about Any Card, it just seems so much more impossible. Plus, about a billion fewer people have owned it or seen it.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of David French
One last comment, and again this is only my experience, I work mostly close up. I do the traditional method of "13". I have never had anyone say that it was done with sleight of hand, but that does not mean they did not think that. Even so, it has never failed to be wonderful. As to "billion fewer people owning it or seen it". In my 35 years of working, I may have come across one or two people who had one as a kid, or even seen it done. Again, we magicians tend to think like such and don't realize that most people have never seen a magician live before. But if you like this version, by all means proceed. Classics work for a reason. Okay I am done...Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, videoman wrote:
I agree that showing both sides of an ID is not necessary although there may be times when it is advantageous. But the use of DD's may negate that advantage.

And although it doesn’t happen often, specs could still suspect sleight of hand, that you somehow managed to flip their card over very quickly. And if they do mention that there is nothing you can really do except deny it and move on.
That’s what I love about Any Card, it just seems so much more impossible. Plus, about a billion fewer people have owned it or seen it.

Sankey’s “X Deck” solves the problem nicely.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
davis1581
View Profile
New user
Bathurts, NSW, Australia.
11 Posts

Profile of davis1581
All Alone is brilliant. I received mine a couple of days ago. The best improvement on Invisible Deck Ive seen. You show the deck, show the selection and then show all the cards to be blank on he face except for the card you have selected. Wow its great. David Regal is a genius. I love it
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I watched the video with his son. It looks pretty good. I previously used “Alone” but wanted the absolutely free choice option, so I used two decks. One in my right pocket and one in my left to cover myself for any card freely named.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2623 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I will never part with the brainwave deck ! you get the Kicker with the different colored back !
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1197 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
For those who have purchased All Alone, I have a tip.
PM me and give the first sentence that David Regal says in the "instructions" clip as proof of purchase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » All Alone - by David Regal and ID 360 - The 360 degrees Invisible Deck (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL