The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Using a handheld microphone (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
It's my opinion that every performer should learn how to do their act using a handheld mic on a stand. Even if you're 100% convinced that a headworn/earworn/lav mic is for you, every pro will tell you that there are times that a handheld mic is just unavoidable! That's why I did my latest project, which is a lecture helping magicians to learn how to use one properly. It was just reviewed by Jamie Salinas - I gave him a copy and asked him to give me a 100% impartial, honest review. http://youtu.be/7Oay0XRwODs
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9919 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I couldn't agree more. This is so true for many different reasons. Whether magicians will pay the price for this may be another issue.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Thanks Mindpro. I know $49.95 is a higher price point than the average lecture, but the material discussed is (in my biased opinion) more than worth it. I think the "pro tips" sections that have nothing to do with microphones are probably worth the price alone, as I go into stuff I never thought I'd share. One of the things I talk about is the importance of recording every show, including the "hows" and "whys" with a real-world example of how doing so saved my butt once.

Also, in addition to the lecture, buyers get the read-along slides and a buyers guide that has links to all the gear mentioned in the lecture.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9919 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Sounds like a winner! Best of luck with this project, it is definietly needed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Using a handheld microphone (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL