The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ On Target by Sean Taylor (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1996 Posts

Profile of Titanas
On Target by Sean Taylor is as impossible looking as they come!

Your spectator makes every decision, and does all the work BUT amazingly they manage to choose the exact card you want them to!

So what's the effect?

Well, the effect is super simple to follow. Two decks are introduced -- one red and one blue. Your spectator is asked to choose one as the target deck (let's say they choose the red deck). You remove the red deck from its box, spread them on the table to clearly show 52 different cards, and your spectator cuts the deck. They choose one of the halves and start dealing through them FACE UP, stopping on any card they wish (the card is put to the side and the blue deck comes into play). You tell them that you are going to count through the blue cards face up and all they need to do is remember the number that their card appears at in the blue deck. You count all the way though the blue deck but there are only 51 cards!! One card is missing and it is the target card they chose from the other deck. This will get gasps from your audience but now it's time for the kicker. You turn over the card they selected from the red deck and it has a blue back, making your deck complete!

On Target is a self-working masterpiece from Sean Taylor. It's super easy to do, packs one hell of a punch and it all happens in the open and under your spectator's control.

On Target uses no rough and smooth, no sticky and there really are only 51 cards in the second deck -- and their chosen card is genuinely missing.

You will absolutely love performing this. If you're looking for an effect to really fry your spectators, this one is not only On Target but hits the bulls eye!

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65616

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
While I appreciate the benefit of including everything you need assuming you donít have a bunch of blue and red decks already, Iím on the other side of the world so would love for this to be available in download form. From the trailer I can immediately see how to construct the effect from regular decks but would still happily pay for having been shown the idea, and for the nuances you get from a tutorial. Just not for a bunch of cards I already have plus shipping around the globe. Any chance of a download version? Cheers
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with the last post itís very good but very easy to work out if you are well read on magic .
Reminds me a bit of Gobsmacked and itís predecessors .
I have an abundance of everything I need already to perform this .
Great for a lay audience if you want to carry 2 more decks around that arenít examinable .
I personally love it and would happily pay a contribution to Sean Taylor without any product or tutorial needed to be sent my way .
If Sean is on here pm me please Gaz 🙂
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Just watched the live Alakazam demo of this effect, is it just a Br___w--- deck presume not because of the price
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No itís regular cards imo but you wonít be showing all the backs of both decks and you will be whizzing through that 51 card deck Gaz 🙂
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of dscanning
This looks a whole lot like Premonition Outdone, but with a new wrinkle of their card having an odd back. Nice thinking. I like his handling.
But $30. Seriously? I think it might have made him a lot more money if he would have sold it as a download for $8.00. At Costco prices, I can make this up with 3 decks for $1.30 each for a total of $3.90. Add another deck for $1.30 and I have a backup set. And the odd back wrinkle is almost offset by the worry that spec might ask to see the backs of the cards of those he dealt? Unless I am missing something, I don't see anywhere near a $30 value to this?? This is might or might not be gilding the lily, but at $30, it is certainly pruning the magicians of their hard-earned cash.
453rob
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Andrew1, Alakazam UK provides free shipping across the globe for all of its Alakazam products.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1859 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, dscanning wrote:
This looks a whole lot like Premonition Outdone, but with a new wrinkle of their card having an odd back. Nice thinking. I like his handling.
But $30. Seriously? I think it might have made him a lot more money if he would have sold it as a download for $8.00. At Costco prices, I can make this up with 3 decks for $1.30 each for a total of $3.90. Add another deck for $1.30 and I have a backup set. And the odd back wrinkle is almost offset by the worry that spec might ask to see the backs of the cards of those he dealt? Unless I am missing something, I don't see anywhere near a $30 value to this?? This is might or might not be gilding the lily, but at $30, it is certainly pruning the magicians of their hard-earned cash.

They're most likely (obviously can't guarantee) not going to even think about looking at the backs of the other cards, because you just apparently showed them that all of the cards are in the deck apart from one, which was the one they freely stopped on. So it seems evident that the card they chose was the only one meant to be chosen. There's really nowhere for them to go psychologically at the end.
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of dscanning
That was a minor point. My main problem is with the price. I still think there will be more money earned via an $8 download versus a $30 snail mail. But that is just my opinion.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with all the above . Itís unlikely they will see a card repeat in the speed the 51 cards are dealt either Gaz 🙂
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
725 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Iím not liking the fast deal, will possibly be asked to slow down for one reason or another.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My guess is a repeat will be 26 cards apart so theoretically it should go unnoticed but I wouldnít hang around too long Gaz 🙂
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4687 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thatís a nice performance Sixten thanks for sharing Gaz 🙂
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4087 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Look up "Stranger Deranger" in "The Card Ideas of Simon Aronson" (1978), reprinted in Simon Aronson's "Bound to Please" (1994), page 62 ff.; quite similar (technically anyway), but IMHO with a better and more "logical" presentation/effect. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Jan it amazes me how many dealers donít know that these effects are just reworks from old books that many of us have had for years .
Ok some people donít want to read and want magic literally spoon fed to them so I can see this is fine if it was just a download with proper crediting and permissions but thatís about it . Nonetheless they are hidden gems to many but it does get frustrating when they are advertised in such away .
When after all they are just the emperors new clothes imho Gaz 🙂
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5983 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
When after all they are just the emperors new clothes imho Gaz 🙂

True! Which is pretty much the case for majority of releases today.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1915 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Yawn
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Alakazam just posted a full performance.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/on-target-by-sean-taylor.html
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
This looks identical to Simon Lovell's SLOB Deck, but with a 'repeating deck' addition.

A huge con is this is a '2 deck packet trick', as the 2 decks involved can only be used for this one effect.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ On Target by Sean Taylor (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL