The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ On Target by Sean Taylor (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Agreed Merc Man I mentioned this wasnít a new method on the 3rd and 5th post of this thread .
Fortunately we donít all get caught out by dealers saying how fooled they were .
This doesnít make it right though so Iím with you itís an old method with a tweak on the handling Gaz 🙂
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2714 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Thanks for the supportive PM's.

It's been my pleasure 'helping others'- the purpose of this very forum.

It does however continue to annoy me immensely that some magic dealers are only too happy to steal and promote effects that aren't theirs; purely to line their own pockets rather than to truly respect the art of magic.

As the old saying goes.....'Never let them forget'.

Smile
Barry Allen
SeanTaylor
View Profile
New user
Australia
54 Posts

Profile of SeanTaylor
Thereís some misinformation in this topic and as I choose not to discuss my work here, you have a couple of options. If you want to get some background on the effect and the actual credits as they appear in my write up, Iím happy to send them to you. If youíve actually bought the effect and would like a PDF of how it appears in my lecture notes and my book MindCoaster email me with a photo of your pack and Iíd be delighted to help. I certainly havenít ripped anyone off. Sean@seantaylor.com.au
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1011 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I want to say that this effect is incredibly strong. What you get in the package is stuff you have at home but I think Sean's video which follows the standard training video is valuable to pros and serious amateurs. The work here is beyond easy. So is the method. But I found this one well worth twice the price for the elegance of performance and the deep mystery that screws with the spectator's mind. Personally I like the spec taking out their card and putting their hand over it for the entire effect. Strengthens the impossibility of what has happened. Grateful fo this version of the effect and think it is very well executed.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Old effect and not original thatís the issue Star Manager . Oldie but a goodie Gaz 🙂
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1011 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I agree that it has been around and I understand this thread is focusing on the ethics of "claiming old as new" and I agree Gaz.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I haven't read any of the books that people say this appears in but even if it is an old effect someone should not be offering to give people the method for free.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Who is giving it away for free ? Watch the demo and if you know the principle from yesteryear then how is that getting it for free ? You may have itís predecessors or worked it out from the demo so that is not getting something you already know for free ? Best wishes Gaz 🙂
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2019, Merc Man wrote:
It just goes to show the incredibly poor level of knowledge amongst modern-day magicians, to believe that either the effect OR method offered here is anything new.

How can Sean claim this as his effect?

How can Alakazam release this effect, as if it is something new? Seriously?

I bought it from Repro Magic around 1982; and it had cobwebs on back then!

How can they charge this amount for basically 2 decks of Bikes?

Why would anyone who works commercially want the hassle of carrying 2 extra decks (that cannot really be used for anything else; nor undergo any level of examination at the conclusion)?

Said it before - for a community of people who are supposed to be able to fool others, there are countless amongst us who will fall for the 3 card trick each and every time.

Oh well, as it's apparently OK to steal other people's work, PM me if you want the method.....for free. Smile

He said pm me and I'll give you the method for free.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sean has personally emailed me on this effect and he knows it origins , and kudos to him .
Merc Man will be giving away for free whatever he wants and if itís a predecessor of Seanís that you canít purchase anymore I donít see a problem with that Gaz 🙂
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

What he said was this effect steals people's work so if you pm me I'll tell you the method.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well itís an old method from someone who is dead so Sean is stealing from the dead ( not imo but your reckoning ) and Merc Man is passing on a method from the grave . I donít see your point .? I can watch the demo and tell you how itís done immediately ( through 40 years of experience ) but also from several people who have done it before , same method but different presentation .
Whats wrong with that ? Gaz 🙂
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1353 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
It made me bring out a one deck version of the same type of effect:

Gobsmacked - a great piece of magic by Simon Lovell and Costas Damianou.

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......orum=109

I like the Sean Taylor version too, and when I have space for two decks I would probably perform that. The strength of bot these effects is that the spec holds the cards in their hand during the selection proces.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I mentioned Gobsmacked on the 3rd post of this thread Gaz 🙂
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1011 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Gobsmaked is excellent.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1353 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, Dr Ross wrote:
Hi Gaz - yep, all are different in both decks. The method simply requires the use of an old technique, but for those that know it and are confident with it will have no problem.

- Ross

That's very interesting. In all the ďPremonitionĒ type effects Iím aware of, the 51 card deck is not a ďregularĒ 51 different cards deck. Would love to be pointed in direction of this old technique.

Using the principle applied in Gobsmacked you could end in a close to regular deck.

Br

Jan
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I love Gobsmacked too Gaz 🙂
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
278 Posts

Profile of terrillific
I think Crossroads by Ben Harris is the best version of a card missing in deck. It only requires one deck and less repeatable cards.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
683 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2019, Merc Man wrote:
It just goes to show the incredibly poor level of knowledge amongst modern-day magicians, to believe that either the effect OR method offered here is anything new.

How can Sean claim this as his effect?

How can Alakazam release this effect, as if it is something new? Seriously?

I bought it from Repro Magic around 1982; and it had cobwebs on back then!

How can they charge this amount for basically 2 decks of Bikes?

Why would anyone who works commercially want the hassle of carrying 2 extra decks (that cannot really be used for anything else; nor undergo any level of examination at the conclusion)?

Said it before - for a community of people who are supposed to be able to fool others, there are countless amongst us who will fall for the 3 card trick each and every time.

This site is about "MAGICIANS HELPING MAGICIANS" - if we were all at the same level of knowledge/expertise then the site would be redundant.
Use the FORCE Luke.
bernardo_jas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of bernardo_jas
I find this effect quite interesting, but I don't know to what extent, in real, it will be a good effect, because if the spectator turns the card over, the effect is over.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ On Target by Sean Taylor (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL