The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Gag effects sometimes get good reaction and sometimes none- What to do when no reaction ?? Help (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
In my show I start of with a 5 minute silent routine done to music - I do mostly kids shows - once I finish small start
i switch my character to a - new magician that just got a brand new wand last night and it wasn't working well the day before but the wand promised it will work in front of the kids and parents ...yararaar - then I go on to tell the kids would you like to see my brand new wand.... and pretend to talk to the wand behind my cart saying come on wand please work today I have all this kids watching me - then they count one two 3 and I pull out waht looks like half of wand and the other half is the toilet plunger painted in white - meaning its a toilet plunger- painted to a wand - I act like I don't see it and most of the times get a great reaction from kids as they start laughing and saying nooo that's not a wand - I act surprised and mad - they laugh some more -

then I say lets try this again - same thing and pull out a duster.... and so forth 8 out fo 10 shows it gets a great reaction kaing kids lauigh hysterically, but there are times when kids just stare at me blank -

not sure what to do then ??

Magic Jac

any help please
MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
Any help - maybe I'm posting in wrong section ?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
You'll get more responses in "The Little Darlings" area.

That area has more active conversations (I can see you've recently participated in a topic there).

If you specifically want to interact with other KIDabra members, then I suggest joining their Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/24564362149

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
Thanks Donald !!! just clicked on facebook page
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
As Don said - 'little darlings ' is a good forum- also DON'T worry about the few - blank faces - just go on to the next effect - don't let the little darlings effect you
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Also - check "Little Darlings" forum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Gag effects sometimes get good reaction and sometimes none- What to do when no reaction ?? Help (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL