The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Get Your Act Together 3 Volume Set by Joanie Spina (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Anyone own this? Any opinions would be appreciated.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
A buddy of mine who I haven't seen in a few years has this. I'll try to get in touch with him and see if he'll post a review.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
It's good but get's repetitious with every video.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Excellent reference! You have David Copperfield's lead dancer/director tell you all the steps necessary to make a dramatic impact on your audiences. She breaks it down into simple, easy to understand, processes that will help you look and become professional. To hire her talents for one hour would set you back far more than the cost of the tapes! Before she
gave Copperfield his "extreme makeover" he was just another magic geek. She completely understands music, movement, setting and stage charisma. Buy them!
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
I've bought them. Her teachings focus more on stage act and illusion. However, you can apply some of the material in your close-up or parlour act.

PS: These videos aren't for entertainment purpose. You need to pay attention to listen and watch.
DKristof
View Profile
New user
Ohio
26 Posts

Profile of DKristof
These videos are for someone who does stage work, more specifically illusions. She does cover a lot of interesting information regarding stance, making a picture for the audience, movement, lack of movement, the task oriented illusionist, and general stage movement.

There is a great deal of information in them. However, the information is somewhat scattered. She does not seem to have a methodolgy to her presentation. You better keep notes because she will jump all over the place as the lecture goes on (3 videos).

That being said, I have a few friends who keep in touch with her. One had her help him with his illusion show and swears by her. The other has had talks with her on stage movement and says she is brilliant.

I think the "Get your act together" tapes were put together before you understood how to give a lecture. I understand she is much better at that now.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Get Your Act Together 3 Volume Set by Joanie Spina (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL