The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK2 By Lewis LeVal (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
292 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, weirdwizardx wrote:
Wich one should I pick up? AOK or AOK2?

Happy new year!

Cristóbal

He explains the basics of AOK in AOK2, so you could probably get away with just getting AOK2. I did like some of the instructions in AOK for understanding the subtleties, but I think you get a lot more with AOK2.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Video # 2:

00:00 – 05:20

Live Performances. Clips from several close-up performances at The Oracle venue.

05:20 – 18:26 Theory & Presentations

How to frame the experience to prevent/minimize challenges/resistance and engender cooperation, subtleties, the moment the mindreading takes place, what not to do, and much more.

18:28 - 69:30 Close-Up Q&A

What not to promise, what people appreciate, what to do if you can’t decipher their drawing, answering questions such as, “Is my partner cheating?”, a description of how Lewis does Q&A for larger groups of 30 or so, giving instructions to the audience for how to think of and write questions, The Oracle of Delphi, what a tarot card can and cannot do, what Einstein said, an honest performance, a psychic who claims they are genuine vs. a psychic who knows they are not, reframing questions, what people are interested in, what is irrelevant, what to abandon, how to be the best reader in the world, there is no trick, there is no deception, the biggest joke in mentalism, and much, much more.

I liked this section a lot. Some great wisdom and insights on answering questions, Q&A and giving readings.

69:30 – end Outro

Lewis wraps up AOK2 with his final thoughts.

Summary review:

AOK2 is an outstanding release. Lewis LeVal has taken an excellent routine – the original AOK, and made it stronger, better, more entertaining and more deceptive.

I agree what is taught in the second video is worth many times the price of the download.

AOK2 is on the short-list of my favorite mentalism purchases of all-time.

10/10
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2020, no2ss wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, weirdwizardx wrote:
Wich one should I pick up? AOK or AOK2?

Happy new year!

Cristóbal

He explains the basics of AOK in AOK2, so you could probably get away with just getting AOK2. I did like some of the instructions in AOK for understanding the subtleties, but I think you get a lot more with AOK2.

Thanks for the response!
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Thank you Stunninger for another excellent review. I like Lewis's products and have AOK and AOK Toolbox. Will be adding this one as well.
"You're a mentalist!"
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2020, Jed Maxwell wrote:
Thank you Stunninger for another excellent review. I like Lewis's products and have AOK and AOK Toolbox. Will be adding this one as well.

Jed, glad you found my review helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, no2ss wrote:
For what it's worth, I've used these for AOK (and for a variety of other "blank card" effects):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157281......F8&psc=1

For me, they work great, and come with a whopping 500 to a box for just $13. You can even use R&S with them if you have Harry Robson's stick (not that AOK uses R&S, just noting those cards can be roughed). I use these cards for so much, but they work great for AOK.

Just got these. Due to the finish, they take ink okay ( no smudging) but they need fanning powder to spread well. So far these are the best I’ve found for AOK and MMM routines.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1786 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2020, Woodfield wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, no2ss wrote:
For what it's worth, I've used these for AOK (and for a variety of other "blank card" effects):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157281......F8&psc=1

For me, they work great, and come with a whopping 500 to a box for just $13. You can even use R&S with them if you have Harry Robson's stick (not that AOK uses R&S, just noting those cards can be roughed). I use these cards for so much, but they work great for AOK.

Just got these. Due to the finish, they take ink okay ( no smudging) but they need fanning powder to spread well. So far these are the best I’ve found for AOK and MMM routines.

Have you tried massaging and molesting them individually like Lewis mentions?
I think the bridge size I use are a semi gloss(?) and handle really well after a few shuffles.
These are so much nicer then using business cards when possible.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
The massaging and molesting method usually works quite well, give that a go first Smile Even if they don't spread, it should be enough for the move.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I'll continue to play with them. The fanning powder is not much trouble to apply though. I've also noticed with this brand you can incorporate the Punx effect (see Corinda) if the lighting is right.
As an aside, I really enjoy Lewis Le Val's works and ideas concerning doing readings for real.

Woodfield
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1786 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2020, LewisLeVal wrote:
The massaging and molesting method usually works quite well, give that a go first Smile Even if they don't spread, it should be enough for the move.

Fondling and caressing would’ve sounded questionable lol

-Theodore Annemann
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3510 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I tried the massaging and molesting and Card Shark put me on a register!!

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1786 Posts

Profile of 252life
That’s the same as being sponsored lol good job!

-Theodore Annemann
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3510 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
So being on the Decks offenders register is a good thing?

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1210 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Lewis, sent you something to look at on the penguin forum on AOK2. It's another handling inspired by your new handling, and it provides me so much comfort in performing this. I really enjoyed this, and it works well for all the MMM (Creasey) folks who already have cards to play with. Highly recommended, and if people practice this one routine's possible variations and methodologies, they will be a better mentalist for life all the way around for other routines that they create themselves.
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AOK2 By Lewis LeVal (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL