The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Borrowed Ring on String Routine? (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Professor Schreibman
View Profile
New user
Orlando FL
20 Posts

Profile of Professor Schreibman
I'm interested in opinions as to the best Borrowed Ring on String Routine for me to learn?
I have Greg Wilson's Ring Leader.
But before I spend the lime learning and practicing Greg's moves, I'd like to check out some moves/routines that others are willing to share/sell.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I really like "the Relentless Ring & String Routine" with Bob Miller & DJ Ehlert..
reasonablely priced, very well explained! Great DVD
Nala
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
I second that about Bobs relentless ring on string.
Real good been doing it for years.
Can not remember when I didn’t get Audible gasps during the routine.
Nickoli
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ad bob uses my string off routine
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I can't speak for the "best", but one that I have gotten very good responses to, is a 1 phase effect with a loop of string strung between the thumbs of the spectator, and the ring is on that loop in between the spectators thumbs. With no cover, no gimmicks, no dup's you take that ring off the string right under the spectators nose. That closeness/connectedness is a big part of the amazement.

This is an old method that appears in many books, but you can find it in Magic for Dummies.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
The best is the one that you come up with to suit you and your style of magic best, so my recommendation is that if you have Greg Wilson's Ringleader dvd you have the perfect source to come up with your own routine.
Aljaz Son
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Aljaz Son
I second warren's post.

If I remember correctly Greg Wilson teaches his routine but also goes IN DEPTH into all sorts of moves and effect with a ring and a string. It is over an hour extra instructions after he teaches Ring Leader.

Of course, you should definitely research other sources and Greg again provides a lot of credits and names of people you might want to look into.
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
L&L Publishing sells the World's Greatest Magic: Finger Ring Magic. There are at least 4 or 5 finger ring and string routines by different people. That could be a good place to get some perspective.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Check out the suggestions on this Café page...
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&forum=4
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2019, _W_ wrote:
L&L Publishing sells the World's Greatest Magic: Finger Ring Magic. There are at least 4 or 5 finger ring and string routines by different people. That could be a good place to get some perspective.

this must be the best way to start learning ring and string routine. People always ignore the most obvious way. you just can't beat it. those routine are all classic and time tested.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Al Schneider's Off. Just looks like real magic. I am not so sure the way so many whip the ring up and down that spec's are so dumb as not to suspect the ring is being whipped secretly off the ring. IMHO it looks much better being simple, with the ends held by the specs.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Countrymaven:

I thought I had a demo of Al's routine, but not. Do have a link to it?

Thanks;
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Sorry I meant the ring is being whipped off the string. I don't have a link currently, but I will NEVER forget it. But it is not hard to find.
John you are such a gentleman, I looked this up. I only found that it is on the Al Schneider technique.
Trust me this rocks.
Threecard
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Arizona
141 Posts

Profile of Threecard
Mark Leveridge "The Ring & String Routine" is on the L&L WGM DVD and his L&L "Master Routines" DVD. Some parts of the routine are OK (standard) but others are fantastic! I tried to learn this from the printed manuscript but the video explanation makes it all clear! I would get the L&L DVD, the Greg Wilson DVD, and the "Relentless.." DVD for more than enough material to put your own routine together....I have been far too obsessed with ring and string & ring and rope routines, let me know if you need any other references as there are many here on the Café....
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Hands down, Greg Wilson, for me as well.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Scott Guinn's "Symphony of the Ring & String". Excellent routine!

https://www.lybrary.com/symphony-for-rin......753.html

Jim
frankw
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of frankw
Nick Einhorn explain in his live lecture a routine that's I like very much. It is short, direct and he has a perfect ending!
Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
I also strongly endorse The Relentless Ring and String Routine.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Any consideration of "best" is subjective, of course - and many fine suggestions above will provide any student with sufficient material/method to evolve their own, but ...

Please remember that often "less" is "best." Always be prepared to cut your favorite routine short depending on setting, situation, audience reaction, etc.
Never allow some desire for skill demonstration to override "audience engagement" and any overkill of a magic moment.

This does not mean that you must stop performing when "enough is enough" - just that you shift to something else.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Just checked on Bob Miller's website for his routine and discovered that you get the PDF of his routine for FREE directly from him through his website!
He will also give you a coupon for 50% off of his selling price on the DVD if you wish to purchase that as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Borrowed Ring on String Routine? (23 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL