The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Borrowed Ring on String Routine? (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Soooooo, what is that website?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Dan Fleshman has a terrific routine if I remember correctly.

I would suggest to learn a lot of moves and practice them. Make a few phased routine.

More moves will help You in different scenarios.
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
I forgot to mention in my earlier post, Jim Sisti has some work on this as well. Do check that out.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder's "Fellowship of the Ring", from The Wizards' Journal #21, is a little more complicated than just a borrowed ring on a string in that it makes use of two different color ribbons and the ring travels from one ribbon to the other. By involving four spectators to guard the borrowed ring (one holding each end of the two ribbons), you create a "Fellowship of Ring Guardians" to turn a close-up trick to a full stage extravaganza. That doesn't make it "best" but certainly makes it "bigger."
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
69 Posts

Profile of draupnir
I also really enjoyed Nicholas einhorns ring on string and other ring effects he covers on his at the table lecture. He combines it with a ring flute and nest of wallets for a longer routine if you wanted to add that too
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3511 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, John Long wrote:
Hey John it's

http://bobmillerinc-com.3dcartstores.com......_25.html

Thank you
Laffski
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Laffski
I would also suggest checking out Diamond Jim Tyler’s routine on his “Pockets Full of Miracles“ DVD. His routine is not difficult to learn, and builds to keep the interest of the spectators. I modified it a bit to make it my own, and have enjoyed doing it for years. There are several other good effects on that DVD asl well. Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2019, vinsmagic wrote:
And bob uses my string off routine

This is really interesting. Two magicians claim a routine that Roy Johnson of England created in the early 1960's or before. He published it in his 1st book. I learned it in the 1970's, when Ken Brooke sold the complete routine with finger rings included. Each person has added a little something, but noting major to the complete routine. In fact they have removed a good portion of the routine. This makes me think, who published the original routine for Bob Miller, vinny, and Roy Johnson to have almost identical routines.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Bill, Bob Miller's ebook has a page of references stating the originator of each part of his routine. I don't have it with me now or I would list them.

Jim
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, Threecard wrote:
Mark Leveridge "The Ring & String Routine" is on the L&L WGM DVD and his L&L "Master Routines" DVD. Some parts of the routine are OK (standard) but others are fantastic! I tried to learn this from the printed manuscript but the video explanation makes it all clear!

I learned his ring-on move from the manuscript and made one little change to it. It fries audiences!
Betrayal Mix
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Betrayal Mix
I second Greg Wilson's DVD as a good "summing up" of a lot of the options out there. Not specifically ring-specific, but it tied a lot into what I read in Karl Fulves' Self-Working Rope book [mainly as an idea jumping off point]. I'm saving up for Daryl's DVD on Rope tricks - I'll drop feedback when I get it.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bill I thought my ring on ring off move from the middle of the string,that at bob uses in his second dvd I do it with any size ring.
so I only claim my effect,,,,,,,, if you want to see I go to utube and check it out I also teach it for free and I also0 so had it here on the Café
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hey bill this is my ring on and ring oif from the from a double knot from the middle of the string

https://youtu.be/QYrXYP0rFeo and I gave Bob miller permission to use this on his 2nd dvd

vinny
Come check out my magic.

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Vinny:

This looks good!
It's like a nice Sefalalgia, but w/o the pin.

This look like what you had sent me a few years ago (thanks), did you change it any?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
No its free to any one that asks I gave this Bob MILLER TO PUT ON HIS SECOND DVD HE CHANGED THE NME OF IT
WITHOUT ASKING ME....
MIF U WANT THE HANDLING ILL SEND IT TO U BILL HEGBILL NEVER RESPONDED BECause he said sit was created in 1960
no never changed it
Come check out my magic.

David asecas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of David asecas
In Greg's DVD you can find many passes and create your own routine, for me it is one of the best on the market.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Diamond Jim's Collateral comes very highly recommended as well. Not only does he teach his classic, award-winning routine but he also concludes with a phenomenal, paradoxical climax utilizing ordinary paper envelopes.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Borrowed Ring on String Routine? (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL