The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

padre rich
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Popping a balloon always gets attention at a kid's party.here's an easy trick https://www.lybrary.com/cut-and-restored......361.html that takes them by surprise...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2439 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Looks good. Any other effects can be done with the balloon before or after restoration?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2439 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, Dynamike wrote:
Looks good. Any other effects can be done with the balloon before or after restoration?

No, unfortunately not.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1178 Posts

Profile of danfreed
There are a million tricks with balloons. I did Repair for a little while but gave up on it for some reason I can't remember, maybe the kids were figuring it out (or I wasn't doing it well). I did have a fun presentation for it though. Before I popped the balloon I asked a kid to hold my ears so the noise wouldn't bother me, then I said something like "oh no, now the noise is going to bother (the kid volunteer), so I get someone else to hold his ears, then I keep going till everyone is in a line or circle holding everyone's ears. then pop it.
I do a version of Pressure that I created, using my own method, but I use a toy car instead of a borrowed object, and because of that I can hand it out at the end or freely show it and blow it back up, without that weird ripping the balloon with teeth/inside out stuff like in Pressure.
Nefesh has a cool coin in balloon I'm going to try at some point. I do Animated Card in Balloon of Death for older kids, great trick.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of padre rich
The cut and restored balloon from lybrary.com can be used after the restoration for things such as a balloon to dove tray ,the comedy three-balloon tray(by warren stephens)or for the production of a bird using an invisible harness...happy birthday can be written on the balloon as well...fool with it and you'll come up with more uses for this,it's really a utility item...in tying the knot in the neck it becomes unprepared,able to be given out instead of being popped...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of padre rich
P.s. or Dingle's CARD IN BALLOON(Kaufman)...an ideal addition to this seemingly neglected trick...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:

No, unfortunately not.

LOL
Smile Smile Smile
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1797 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Tenyo's Hideo Kato published a Cut and Restored Balloon effect in Genii magazine , Sept. 1979, on page 6 (page 578 of Vol. 43).

Hideo Kato's method is quite clever and practical and I've used it for years. If you subscribe to Genii or to Ask Alexander/Conjuring Arts you can access the Genii digital library to look it up. The restored balloon can be given away to a spectator or used immediately for another trick.

Quote:
On Nov 10, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Check this out: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8493

Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:

No, unfortunately not.

Well, maybe ...

I recently bought Michael Kent's 'RepAIR' popped and restored balloon effect that was mentioned previously. https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8493
I like it a lot. I think the dark red "Sparkling Burgundy" Qualatex balloons work well for 'RepAIR'. I'm looking for a better ending or follow up . (Michael Kent suggests letting the air out of the restored balloon , making a funny noise as it deflates, and then putting it away in your pocket ... that works for him, doesn't quite work for me). Maybe a switch (doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to switch out the gimmicked balloon for a duplicate balloon, which could then be used for another trick. I think it might work to blow up the restored balloon , tie it off , then perform 'Splash Bottle'. (pop the balloon and a bottle of wine appears ... or other type of bottle if you're doing kid shows.). That would be a follow-up trick with the balloon which immediately destroys the evidence of the previous trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL