The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How To Read Minds by Peter Turner (163 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2019, MagicMan1957 wrote:
I think sometimes we forget by FAR magic and mentalism is done by hobbyists not professional paid performers. There would be no Penguin, Hocus Pocus, Ellusionist or Vanishing Inc if only professionals bought magic. Also magic and mentalism have never been bigger even with the Youtube/internet exposure. Vegas is loaded with magic shows and Derren Brown is on Broadway. Multiple casts of the Illusionists and Masters of Illusion travel the globe. Magicians have won Americas Got Talent many times. Fool Us, Carbonaro Effect and Masters of Illusion are hits on television. Fear not, the art of magic is doing just fine.

Long may it live!
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Hey All,

Here's the latest update from the Kickstarter... we're ahead of manufacturing schedule and we have some incredible stretch goal add ons:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fir....../2697731
cardistry master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Now that you have the kit can you post some pictures of the props?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7762 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2019, cardistry master wrote:

Only once they have everyone’s money and there’s no turning back.
Troof
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Troof
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2019, cardistry master wrote:

Of course they won't.

Then everyone would see they're just cheap plastic cr ap.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2019, Troof wrote:

Of course they won't.

It blows me away that people who don't have/own something, speak with so much confidence on it. Why is that?
Troof
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Troof
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:

Of course they won't.

It blows me away that people who don't have/own something, speak with so much confidence on it. Why is that?

Your track record.
aladetomiwa
View Profile
New user
Nigeria
24 Posts

Profile of aladetomiwa
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Of course they won't.

It blows me away that people who don't have/own
something, speak with so much confidence on it. Why is that?

Your track record.

SMH man
cardistry master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
Quote:

Of course they won't.

If that's not accurate will you post pictures for when it is released on the ellusionist website?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Now that E. has been super successful with this Kickstarter project ( over 300k $ ) they’ll spend some time and money going back to fixing Console which seems to have been abandoned shortly after it’s release due to too many unhappy users. 🧐
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1476 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Now that E. has been super successful with this Kickstarter project ( over 300k $ ) they’ll spend some time and money going back to fixing Console which seems to have been abandoned shortly after it’s release due to too many unhappy users. 🧐

😂
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1476 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:

😂

The updated videos with Peter will be your lot I think.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1959 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My box came in the mail yesterday and I gotta say ... I own most of Peter Turner's releases except for his early EARLY stuff and ..... this is my favorite thing he's ever done. First off, the box is extremely heavy. I was not expecting that. It's not made like a board game, it's made more like an heirloom piece.

Second, I was expecting medium grade props .... wrong again. Both wallets are real leather! The book is heavy, thick and looks like it came straight from the store, the new cartamundi marked cards may just be my new favorite and even the billets are nice quality and include smooth edges

Third, the tutorials are all digital files on a USB key! Great for navigating and transferring over to my portable devices to take on the go.

Oh and the tutorials? 5 hours long! I haven't even got through all of them and I actually started watching some twice I liked them so much. All beautifully shot in Florida, Peter teaches about 20 different effects.

In depth review later, but wanted to say something soon

* Oh and yes, I bought this with my own money.
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1251 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That's great to hear, David. Thanks for sharing.

On a side note: It's also brave of you to post this, considering the fact you are the first one to admit to having received a box marketed at boring virgins trying to upgrade their personality. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1959 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I'll admit to two of those .....
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
bosami
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of bosami
Apparently Cipher does not function with IOS 13. I wish I had known that before adding it onto the ‘How to read minds’ Kickstarter. Very disappointing. It looks like a great tool, surely they knew they were going to have to provide updates.
...forever curious
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, bosami wrote:
Apparently Cipher does not function with IOS 13. I wish I had known that before adding it onto the ‘How to read minds’ Kickstarter. Very disappointing. It looks like a great tool, surely they knew they were going to have to provide updates.

With the app, I’ve come to know this too be common practice with E. Same for other apps they sell as well. ( Console 😳 ) However..... I am pretty interested in David’s review. I really enjoy his honest and straightforward thoughts.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1709 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
My box came in the mail yesterday and I gotta say ... I own most of Peter Turner's releases except for his early EARLY stuff and ..... this is my favorite thing he's ever done. First off, the box is extremely heavy. I was not expecting that. It's not made like a board game, it's made more like an heirloom piece.

Second, I was expecting medium grade props .... wrong again. Both wallets are real leather! The book is heavy, thick and looks like it came straight from the store, the new cartamundi marked cards may just be my new favorite and even the billets are nice quality and include smooth edges

Third, the tutorials are all digital files on a USB key! Great for navigating and transferring over to my portable devices to take on the go.

Oh and the tutorials? 5 hours long! I haven't even got through all of them and I actually started watching some twice I liked them so much. All beautifully shot in Florida, Peter teaches about 20 different effects.

In depth review later, but wanted to say something soon

* Oh and yes, I bought this with my own money.

I just received mine, and echo what DavidKenney says above...have also not gotten in depth with this but some pretty nice, good quality stuff in this box.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1780 Posts

Profile of 252life
Gotta admit, I picked this up thinking it would look good on the shelf lol.
But...it is well done from my first blush look.
The props are decent quality, and there's a lot in the box.
I just opened it up and I'm already very pleasantly surprised.
Goodbye to all my awkwardness! I will now be able to pick up beautiful women and have them think me a god!!!!
Bwahahahahahahaaaaa!
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How To Read Minds by Peter Turner (163 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL