The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How To Read Minds by Peter Turner (210 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
I got it for a gift, and it will remain a gift. It's not good. It's not bad. It's about what you'd expect for $100. I can't imagine anyone using these props who isn't a complete beginner to mentalism. I'm confused by any review saying the props look good. The wallet doesn't look normal, the pad doesn't look like something you'd actually carry with you, the book doesn't look real, the credit card is obviously fake, and the ESP cards are see thru. That's only what I noticed at a quick glance. But mine is a gift for a 10 year old so it's fine for that.

If the 10 year old doesn't like it, get all your money back. As the product has IRON CLAD money back guarantee. I don't think it includes shipping even though the product page implies that "Ellusionist will refund every cent of your hard earned money", perhaps Geraint Clarke could clarify

Quote:
“90 DAY, IRON-CLAD MONEY BACK GUARANTEE”

You might be going something like this...

“This is fake. This can’t work. Look at these claims. I’ll never be able to do this.”

We know because we’ve been there. And we don’t fault you. But we can end that voice in your head. First, remember one thing. This is all we do, is teach this stuff. We’ve done it for two decades and have taught over a million magicians. Some of them are on TV. We’ve taught many of the magicians you see on America’s Got Talent.

This kit WILL BE everything you hoped for. We already know it, and so we’ll put our money on the line… instead of yours.

Have you seen those return it “within 10 days” policies? It’s the standard, but we never thought it was enough. You barely have enough time to get it out of the package!

So go ahead and take a full 90 days…learn a few of the best tricks. Go to Sunday dinner with the family and read the minds of your Mom and sisters. Read some minds in the office. Go to the bar and win some drinks. Get acclaim.

If How to Read Minds doesn’t do everything we say it will, send back the kit within 90 days and Ellusionist will refund every cent of your hard earned money.

Over 3000 buyers (and rising every second) can’t be wrong. So that’s 100% of the risk taken out of it and there should be nothing stopping you now.

The money-back guarantee does not include shipping

Hope that helps,

- G

Will the IRON CLAD MONEY BACK guarantee text be changed then? As it is not really "every cent of your hard earned money".
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
As stated earlier, I bought my own kit. Got it last week and have been playing with it each day since then, finally stopped to record my thoughts and first impressions and here they are

https://youtu.be/CPjxffV5XtM
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, Troof wrote:
Quote:
I got it for a gift, and it will remain a gift. It's not good. It's not bad. It's about what you'd expect for $100. I can't imagine anyone using these props who isn't a complete beginner to mentalism. I'm confused by any review saying the props look good. The wallet doesn't look normal, the pad doesn't look like something you'd actually carry with you, the book doesn't look real, the credit card is obviously fake, and the ESP cards are see thru. That's only what I noticed at a quick glance. But mine is a gift for a 10 year old so it's fine for that.

The reviewers are given the stuff for free, or in some cases paid to do the reviews. So of course every review is good.

Well that’s about as valuable as a wooden nickel🤦‍♂️. I decided to open the one I got for a gift for someone else ( paid with my own money ) and I am unexpectedly surprised at how much material and props you get. You couldn’t pay to review a bad product with a good review. That’s not how it works with me. Believe me, I completely expected this to be the kind of kit Criss Angel released. ( which was trash ) But this is not even close to trash. As many have already stated, the props are more than likely owned by those who perform mentalism. However, what makes this so impressive is that Peter Turner explains things in a way that only he can. And his subtleties are well worth the price of admission for this product. No one I associate with would ever falsely approve of a product just because it came free to them. That means that when people find out that the product no good they’ll have some explaining to do. Just my 2 cents. This is a good buy.
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
[quote]On Dec 16, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
[quote]On Dec 16, 2019, mantel wrote:
Quote:
It's a real book. Dracula... with the actual story in it. Even the force words are from the genuine book.

It's not really a real book though, is it? Took me all of two seconds to see the gaff, and saying that I'm an amateur at mentalism would be unduly complimentary towards me. Which is fine, there's only so many ways to do book tests, it doubtless flies right by the specs (unless they want to look at it), but come on.

Also, the USB drive I got doesn't work. In any USB port on any of my computers (2 PCs, 1 Mac). The ports are fine, as other things I plug into them work with no issue. I'm really surprised that there isn't a backup plan for this sort of eventuality, such as a separate download/streaming link. Because I can't imagine I'm the only one who's had this issue.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
On the USB key the gold prongs need to be face up when it slides in ... I'm sure you tried it that way, but just letting EVERYONE Know
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
On the USB key the gold prongs need to be face up when it slides in ... I'm sure you tried it that way, but just letting EVERYONE Know

Do you mean the USB key is reversible, but only one side works?
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
[quote]On Dec 17, 2019, Topcliffe wrote:
[quote]On Dec 16, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a real book. Dracula... with the actual story in it. Even the force words are from the genuine book.

It's not really a real book though, is it? Took me all of two seconds to see the gaff, and saying that I'm an amateur at mentalism would be unduly complimentary towards me. Which is fine, there's only so many ways to do book tests, it doubtless flies right by the specs (unless they want to look at it), but come on.

Also, the USB drive I got doesn't work. In any USB port on any of my computers (2 PCs, 1 Mac). The ports are fine, as other things I plug into them work with no issue. I'm really surprised that there isn't a backup plan for this sort of eventuality, such as a separate download/streaming link. Because I can't imagine I'm the only one who's had this issue.

The book I feel looks great, there are also subtleties on the set in the explanation section to make the book look even more real worldly. I also share how to integrate the book into a group of other books and even go as far as performing this live and sneaking this book into a selection of a restaurant owners other books.

I never once had a problem with the book.

But just to press/ share something for anyone that is new to mentalism or even intermediate that is often overlooked.

The book is a means to arrive at a word randomly. Regardless of how you arrive at a word, a b*llet, a book, flash cards they are only the bridge to getting to the word. Liken it to a lottery drum to arrive at a random number.It should never be the highlight of the routine, the book should be out, used and placed away without drawing much attention to it anyway regardless of whether you are using a real book or a gimmicked one. The process of reading the person or how you present the moment that you're receiving the information from the participant. That is the same as the rest of the props in this kit, use them as a means to getting what you need, but the participants should always believe it is a connection between you and them that is where the information is coming from.

A book is also a great way to make a performance seemingly grow, once you move into a b*llet later down the line one method kills the other and also it enables you to expand the size of the performance.

Another important factor is that in that particular type of routine the participant who verifies that each page is different and each and every word is different also (the eyes of the group/ the 'trusted' member of the group) is the person whom confirms everything is fair and above board. Therefore it puts the group into a double bind as they have to basically imply that they don't trust their friends judgement to want to question their book.

All of these points though don't matter as the book looks great, you can see it in David's review up close on camera - there are no issues, be your own judges.

Glad that people are loving the set, I was really confident that any preconceptions might be quashed when people received the sets. Thanks for being cool guys,

Pete x
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
You did a great job with this release Pete.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
[quote]On Dec 17, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
[quote]On Dec 17, 2019, Topcliffe wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

The book I feel looks great, there are also subtleties on the set in the explanation section to make the book look even more real worldly. I also share how to integrate the book into a group of other books and even go as far as performing this live and sneaking this book into a selection of a restaurant owners other books.

I never once had a problem with the book.

But just to press/ share something for anyone that is new to mentalism or even intermediate that is often overlooked.

The book is a means to arrive at a word randomly. Regardless of how you arrive at a word, a b*llet, a book, flash cards they are only the bridge to getting to the word. Liken it to a lottery drum to arrive at a random number.It should never be the highlight of the routine, the book should be out, used and placed away without drawing much attention to it anyway regardless of whether you are using a real book or a gimmicked one. The process of reading the person or how you present the moment that you're receiving the information from the participant. That is the same as the rest of the props in this kit, use them as a means to getting what you need, but the participants should always believe it is a connection between you and them that is where the information is coming from.

A book is also a great way to make a performance seemingly grow, once you move into a b*llet later down the line one method kills the other and also it enables you to expand the size of the performance.

Another important factor is that in that particular type of routine the participant who verifies that each page is different and each and every word is different also (the eyes of the group/ the 'trusted' member of the group) is the person whom confirms everything is fair and above board. Therefore it puts the group into a double bind as they have to basically imply that they don't trust their friends judgement to want to question their book.

All of these points though don't matter as the book looks great, you can see it in David's review up close on camera - there are no issues, be your own judges.

Glad that people are loving the set, I was really confident that any preconceptions might be quashed when people received the sets. Thanks for being cool guys,

Pete x

No, you're right, and I've always had a paranoid streak about gaffs, so please excuse the quibbling. And I should add that I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with the kit now that I got the USB drive working.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I wish this release existed 10 years ago :-O - It looks amazing and looks like it contains all the basics. The Dracula book test looks cool though.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, 252life wrote:
You did a great job with this release Pete.

Totally agree!
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Did you turn the USB drive 3 times before it worked? We all know USB drives has 3 sides before it fits Smile

All the best,
Dan
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Really great to read all of the positive comments about the props and Peter's teaching. One Café member told me privately he believes Peter is a true genius, and I would agree. If you look at the quality of the material Peter has put out over the past 4 or 5 years, it just keeps getting better and better as his thinking continues to evolve. Peter has become a star in the mentalism community, and a key behind the scenes consultant to some of the best known performers in the field. Should he choose to take his career in this direction, I believe one day Peter will become a world famous entertainer, known to millions across the globe.
David95
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of David95
I ‘m interested in unlocking the cellphone. Not looking for the method just wanted to know if this is a good clean effect? I think that it would be very impressive and get great reactions if not to many steps to make it happen.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
There are a few methods taught, actually. Some require more 'work' than others, but they're all practical.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, Nathan Horne wrote:
I wish this release existed 10 years ago :-O - It looks amazing and looks like it contains all the basics. The Dracula book test looks cool though.

There would’ve been total outrage had this been released in its current form ten years ago. It wouldn’t have happened.
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, dyoung wrote:
Did you turn the USB drive 3 times before it worked? We all know USB drives has 3 sides before it fits Smile

All the best,
Dan

Heh heh. No, it simply wasn't being read by any port on any of my computers, 2 PCs and 1 Mac. Tried over and over again with each port, and it just wasn't showing up. I plugged in other devices to confirm that the ports were functional, which they were. I think what really changed it is that I wrote to Ellusionist support, and as soon as I sent that email, I tried again and lo and behold, it worked. And they say there's no such thing as real magic...
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Lol like going to the dentist for a toothache that disappears
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
In the IT world we used to call it "Tech hands". The problem persists until the technician touched the computer, then it'd be impossible to recreate.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, WitchDocChris wrote:
In the IT world we used to call it "Tech hands". The problem persists until the technician touched the computer, then it'd be impossible to recreate.

Also In the tech world, we like to call it “sheer presence repair”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How To Read Minds by Peter Turner (210 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL