We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Penguin Gold Shells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
greengrass
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of greengrass
Frank Starsini

I havent seen the Sal Piacante Shell Game dvd myself but are you saying that he actually uses the Penguin Gold Shells throughout the dvd ?
Ive seen the clip of the dvd at Penguin but they didn't look like gold shells that he was using in the clip from what I could see. ??

Thanks
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
Actually, I don't think he uses the Penguin shells, but he shows these shells as an example of nice, golden shells.
By the way, I am interested in learning a "magic" routine with the shells, as compared to a betting, (con game)routine. Where can I find the best resourse for this ?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
To learn make your own shells and use soft sponge to cut the peas.

Work out your own routines.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pepijn
View Profile
Regular user
Utrecht (the netherlands)
134 Posts

Profile of pepijn
Quote:
On 2004-06-06 14:05, el toro wrote:
Actually, I don't think he uses the Penguin shells, but he shows these shells as an example of nice, golden shells.
By the way, I am interested in learning a "magic" routine with the shells, as compared to a betting, (con game)routine. Where can I find the best resourse for this ?

I couldn't find any sources which teach 'magic' routines with the three shell game. so I am going for the aproach mentioned by Mr. Biro in the above post.

I have some sources which explain the moves used in the actual con game and I am putting my own routine together (I admit I find it quite a challenge but I am definitly enjoying myself with it, I hope you will to)
Good luck

greetings Pepijn
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
There was a post sometime back on another magic board about loading a green sponge ball into a shell, as a revelation at the end of the routine.
Patrick Page also has a video that goes over the game which contains, "magical" moments.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2004-06-06 19:08, pepijn wrote:
I couldn't find any sources which teach 'magic' routines with the three shell game.

The best "magic" routine I've seen on video is Bob Kohler's "Golden Shells" routine.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13339 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2004-06-06 14:05, el toro wrote:

I'm mistaken. El Toro is correct. He mentions the MM Gold Shells as nice shells but he uses plain old plastic shells during performance.

Makes you wonder.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
pepijn
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of pepijn
I believe Sal also explains why, To be sure I would have to look it up so please correct me if I am wrong but I believe he says that hustlers would never use the golden shells, only the bottle tops so when the police come they just throw it on the floor and there is nothing to find.

As I said before I am not sure but I believe this is what he says on one place in his three shell game dvd.

greetings!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
From a pure street hustler standpoint, I agree. The same goes as to why simple walnut shells were used. Or hollowed out potatoes, or a myriad of other throwaway items.

But we're "entertainers," right? We're justified in having nice shiny props. If you're doing a "Street Hustle" show, then use bottle caps. If you're working a corporate trade show, go for the flashy stuff. For me? In a Ren Faire setting? I have the Black Fox turtle shells.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13339 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Dave,
I'd like to see a set of those turtle shells.
Where?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Frank you can check out a photo of them on Whit Hayden’s web site (School for Scoundrels).

Try:
http://www.chefanton.com/entertain/SSshellgame.htm
for photos of his shells, Scarabs, and turtle shells. They are nice looking.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
pepijn
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of pepijn
Quote:
On 2004-06-08 04:16, Dave VanVranken wrote:
From a pure street hustler standpoint, I agree. The same goes as to why simple walnut shells were used. Or hollowed out potatoes, or a myriad of other throwaway items.

But we're "entertainers," right? We're justified in having nice shiny props. If you're doing a "Street Hustle" show, then use bottle caps. If you're working a corporate trade show, go for the flashy stuff. For me? In a Ren Faire setting? I have the Black Fox turtle shells.

Totally agree with you. I am planning to perform this as a funny let the spectator guess wrong for ... amount of times and completly baffel them. and I think it would be fine to use 'shiny' shell whatever kind. Although I am also going to practice it with only the bottle tops and a piece of elastic band tied up as a pee. I kind of like the idear of being able to perform this kind of trick with stuff that people have in their houses or from a table. It's going to be different routines because the moves just aren't quite the same but the idear seems pretty nice.

oh well getting of track.
I have one more question about a post I have a question about the shells making a noise. Can anybody tell me what forum that should be in becuase the sleights might get mentioned what topic would be good to do this in.

thanks a lot

Pepijn
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Pepijn,
Nearly everything you ever want to know about the shell game has already been mentioned here. If you're worried about the specific details being exposed, now that you have over 50 posts, the "Secret Sessions" forum is the perfect place.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Penguin Gold Shells (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL