The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WOW Money - **New Gimmick** by Lloyd Barnes & Masuda (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Watch the trailer here: https://www.ellusionist.com/wow-money.html

Everyone knows WOW, everyone can perform WOW... but not everyone wants to. Putting a playing card inside a sleeve looks odd to most audiences.

With the 2019 WOW Money gimmick, because it's introduced as your slimline RFID wallet, you can now perform WOW without causing suspicion.

Take advantage of these flawless visuals with something that looks natural to your audiences.

This is just one idea for an impactful presentation...

Imagine yourself asking a spectator to pull out a credit card and hold it in their hand.

You tell them that thieves can steal money off your Visa by using electronics*, watch how fast it happens!

In a nanosecond, with your WOW Money gimmick near the spectator’s credit card, the $10 bill changes visually to an examinable $20 note... or any bill you choose.

Of course this isn't technology, it's magic.

Lloyd Barnes & Ellusionist teamed up with Masuda to bring WOW into the modern day.

Perform:

Bill changes.
Penetrations.
Angle Z in a new way.
THE APPLICATIONS ARE ENDLESS.

In fact, WOW Money is so versatile, even the stunning slow-motion bill change might be the most boring thing you can do with this gimmick.

It requires ZERO sleight-of-hand and is available in US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, British Pounds & Euros.

With the Masuda exclusive, Ellusionist will be the only place for you to get your WOW Money.

An essential every day carry for magician.

Order TODAY.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think this looks like a really cool idea for wow gimmick. I used to have mine round my neck as a visitors pass lanyard, but it didn’t always suit the environement. A more deluxe version with an actual wallet on backside would be quite nice, but I can see this working really well.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Could be an interesting combo with the Wowlett from Luke Dancy
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Not trying to be a Debbie downer but how does this look anything like a slimline wallet or money clip?

I think Wow is visually great but they still haven’t cracked the mystery of what that strange looking card holder actually is.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Not trying to be a Debbie downer but how does this look anything like a slimline wallet or money clip?

I think Wow is visually great but they still haven’t cracked the mystery of what that strange looking card holder actually is.

Yeap I agree
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:

Ditto.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Quote:

The best idea I've read on these forums is adding a clip to it and making it a name tag.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:

Agreed. Plus, at this price? Seems like at the $45 range, would make much more sense if it looked more like a real minimalist/slimline wallet. I guess they're trying to argue that the weird look can be explained as an "RFID" protective wallet, but... it doesn't look like any RFID protective wallet either. Why not build the WOW gimmick into the ID holder of a wallet or something instead? That, at least, could have a more ready/credible explanation.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2019, no2ss wrote:
Quote:

Agreed. Plus, at this price? Seems like at the $45 range, would make much more sense if it looked more like a real minimalist/slimline wallet. I guess they're trying to argue that the weird look can be explained as an "RFID" protective wallet, but... it doesn't look like any RFID protective wallet either. Why not build the WOW gimmick into the ID holder of a wallet or something instead? That, at least, could have a more ready/credible explanation.

That’s a great idea
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2019, no2ss wrote:
Quote:

Don’t worry. The wallet is coming as an add on. This is going to work out very expensive.
Smile Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:

That’s a great idea

Once every decade or so I have one. Now I need to wait another nine years for the next one...
ltchip
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of ltchip
Yup they solved 50% of the issues with WOW without thinking through the other 50%.
Trading cards for $$ makes a lot of sense ONLY if you actually make it looks like a wallet - which it certainly does not.
For $45 it should have been built into an actual leather wallet (which could also be gaffed with other wallet-type gaffs).
I'll pass.

Of course they could have gone the other way and made it completely contrived...ala Tenyo but that wouldn't command $45 either.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:

That’s a great idea

Once every decade or so I have one. Now I need to wait another nine years for the next one...

😂😂😂. Happy I was around to witness it. Now, I will be here in 9 years to see the next one lol
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Could use it and say it’s a little device which protects the magnetic strip on your credit cards but you also use it to keep money in
Paul Harris used this idea on one of his tricks
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The demo video shows some good and useful ideas of using this prop. Besides the basic effect, WOW Money can do much much more. Imagination will be the only limiting factor.

IMO WOW Money is a very versatile prop with good potential. Worth considering. Nice upgrade to the original WOW.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:

Why not build the WOW gimmick into the ID holder of a wallet or something instead? That, at least, could have a more ready/credible explanation.

That's already been done - Wowlett by Luke Dancy
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I don’t know how all you guys stay so on top of what is and isn’t available in the world. You must all be very trendy.

I have to admit that I had no idea if there are any wallets on the market that look anything like WOW Money, so I spent a few minutes searching. What I discovered is that there are some very strange wallets being sold that don’t look anything like any wallet I’ve ever seen.

So my conclusion is I think 99.9% of laymen are going to believe this is your slimline RFID blocking wallet if you say it with conviction. Now magicians are another story, they will say “no, that’s a WOW gimmick”.

The trouble with having it built into a leather wallet is you lose the transparency and I think it’s important to be able to see through it. So maybe a good alternative is to pull WOW Money out of your regular wallet.

I agree with Ustaad that this is a clever product with a lot of potential. I wouldn’t be so quick to judge it.

A couple wallets on the market:

https://www.ridgewallet.com/?gclid=Cj0KC......EALw_wcB

https://mnyclp.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAk7TuBR......EALw_wcB
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:

Why not build the WOW gimmick into the ID holder of a wallet or something instead? That, at least, could have a more ready/credible explanation.

That's already been done - Wowlett by Luke Dancy

Ah, I had missed that. Though, that's still a card version of Wow, rather than a money version. Why not do the money version in an actual wallet. That seems much more reasonable.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
If Im not mistaken, Wowlett doesn't come with the wow... its just for you to put your own into, so you could just put this one in there if you wanted to.

Dan
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Why does the chap in the demo video keep referring to that weird plastic sleeve he's holding as his "wallet"? Why is he poking a wooden coffee stirrer through it? Why is the corner of a playing card now attached to a bank note?

Is this the least organic effect claiming to be organic in Magic history?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WOW Money - **New Gimmick** by Lloyd Barnes & Masuda (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL