The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin LIVE: All Access Pass doubling in price (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Doric
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2019, Josh Burch wrote:
The new price of Penguin LIVE All Access Pass is $34.95.

The new schedule offers a lecture every other week, and the adjusted price is a good deal even when you factor in the early bird registration discount.

Regarding people who paid $49.95 recently please contact customer support, and we can take care of you and attend to your needs individually.

Why is the onus on customers to contact Penguin? Surely Penguin should know which customers paid for the full subscription and take care of them accordingly? After all, it wasn’t the customers decision to change the terms & conditions.
Josh Burch
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2019, Doric wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2019, Josh Burch wrote:
The new price of Penguin LIVE All Access Pass is $34.95.

The new schedule offers a lecture every other week, and the adjusted price is a good deal even when you factor in the early bird registration discount.

Regarding people who paid $49.95 recently please contact customer support, and we can take care of you and attend to your needs individually.

Why is the onus on customers to contact Penguin? Surely Penguin should know which customers paid for the full subscription and take care of them accordingly? After all, it wasn’t the customers decision to change the terms & conditions.

It's not, there's just a few options for what we can do. We can apply the excess to another month, offer you in store credit, or possibly give you a refund.

There are only a few accounts that this has affected, and it's probably best to discuss everyone's specific needs in private.
Josh Burch
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Penguin will be automatically extend anyone's subscription who paid the old rate. Contact customer support if you don't get an update by Monday.
Doric
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Doric
Thanks Josh, that’s great to hear. Smile
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks, Josh, for clearing that up. I thought perhaps that explanation should have be added in the announcement email to reassure people.

Regards.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1316 Posts

Profile of barts185
Has anyone actually had their subscription extended?

Mine wasn't, I wrote to support twice, got no reply, and now just ended it.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of barts185
Just a follow-up that after I ended the subscription, I got the normal email asking about it, sent a reply saying how I felt it could have been handled better, and got a nice reply back refunding the difference and giving me a little something for my issues.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
524 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2019, barts185 wrote:
Has anyone actually had their subscription extended?

Mine wasn't, I wrote to support twice, got no reply, and now just ended it.

Mine was not, nothing was communicated so I ended up just cancelling on Monday since it was going to renew yesterday.
Doric
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Doric
I emailed twice and got no reply. I'll cancel if I haven't heard back by the end of the weekend. What's happened to Penguin? Their customer service used to be second to none.
Doric
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Doric
Tick tock, a few more hours and I'm going to cancel.
Doric
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Doric
Still no response to my emails so, after many years as a subscriber, I have cancelled. What a shame customers are no longer a priority. Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1254 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That really is a pity. I wonder what’s going on. Understaffed?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
That really is a pity. I wonder what’s going on. Understaffed?

My best guess is that something is wrong with the system that logs emails to support.

I got an actual reply only after the email where I got the auto-reply. The one that says

_____

^^ In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket ^^

Thanks for your email!

This message is just to let you know that we've received it and will get back to you shortly.

Sincerely,

Acar Altinsel
Penguin Magic

_____

I had sent two emails and didn't get that reply, when I sent one and did get that reply was when someone actually contacted me.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1254 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Ouch. That does indeed sound like a malfunctioning system. What a shame. For everybody involved.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin LIVE: All Access Pass doubling in price (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL