We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FADEAWAY by Chris Philpott (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1993 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Stemming from the classic Mental Photography Deck by Ralph W. Hull, now instead of an instant change from regular cards to blanks, the cards seem to fade away like a movie special effect. Roughly 3 seconds of visual magic! The online instructions come with very easy handling and contain routines and ideas from Chris Philpott, Steve Valentine, Apollo Robbins, Paul Green, Michael Rangel, and Tom Frank.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=64823

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9325 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Would love this deck in DD’s so that the whole deck can be riffled as opposed to only half the deck. Still good though.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5589 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Would love this deck in DD’s so that the whole deck can be riffled as opposed to only half the deck. Still good though.

I’m a gaff deck collector so I will almost certainly be getting this. Looks very interesting.
I like the 404 Error-Card not found, and then the deck “crashes”.

Pegasus makes a good point though. Does Card Shark offer a Svengali deck made with DD’s?
I would love to own one.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2270 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Looks great. Just wondering if deck is examinable.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:

I hope you're being a wisenheimer.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2270 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, peppermeat2000 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:

I hope you're being a wisenheimer.

LOL, peppermeat, that made me laugh...yeah, I probably was...but I could have been a clever clogs, know-all, know-it-all, wag, wiseacre, smarty, swellhead, wise apple, saucebox, malapert, witling, smarty-pants, smartie, clever Dick, wise-guy, smart-arse, or wisecracker ....I suppose everything is examinable with a
switch.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9325 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I don’t think there is a DD Svengali which is a shame, although you could easily make one with the right tool.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1038 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
We're live with Chris Philpott to chat FADEAWAY and hook you guys up with a FREE deck of the brand new HINODE Playing Cards!

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9325 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Won’t play.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Wasn't a fan of the handling, especially for the few spectators who know about Svengali decks may be suspicious. However the idea of them fading away is really cool.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1038 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Sorry guys, for some reason the link above wasn't working BUT here's my chat with Chris Philpott!

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2098 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2019, Chamberlain wrote:
Wasn't a fan of the handling, especially for the few spectators who know about Svengali decks may be suspicious. However the idea of them fading away is really cool.

Agreed! Love the idea.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
Thanks for posting Titanas and thanks everyone for the kind words. Here is a bit more about the deck:

"You've just taken the best trick deck in the world and made it better!"
- David Regal

"I absolutely love this! It's fantastic! Amazing!"
- Steve Valentine

"Fresh and visual! Chris has created a serious piece of eye candy. I imagine that, for the first hour or so, you'll do the trick for yourself
over and over - and amaze yourself over and over."
- John Bannon

"Looks super cool!"
- Jon Armstrong.

Imagine a deck of cards S-L-O-W-L-Y fading from normal to totally blank!!

Ralph W. Hull's Mental Photography Deck is considered one of, if not THE greatest tricks decks of all time. Now Chris Philpott has modernized it to create a slow-motion, hyper-visual transformation from a normal to a blank deck!

There are a number of different routines, such as starting with a blank deck, starting with a real one and even finding a wrong card (Error 404: Card Not Found), which causes the deck to crash, leaving only their chosen card!

Easy to do!

No sleight of hand needed!

Detailed video instructions.

Bonus: short videos that teach some easy-to-learn sleights that you can add to the routine, taught by Steve Valentine, Apollo Robbins, Paul Green, Michael Rangel and Tom Frank.

"The classic version of this trick was one of my favorites. Chris has given me a reason to do it again with new thinking and new effects that could never have been done before. And it's no longer the one trick you get out of the box - Chris has developed even more effects that you can do with this one deck of cards. Where was this when I was a kid? I'm glad it's here now!"
- Jonathan Levit

$25

Pre-Order Now - Shipping November 25.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Here's the video:

Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Hey everyone --

Here's the first review. For those who didn't love my own handling in the video (I'm admittedly far from a card man), check out the reviewer's handling at 4:27. Lovely. And here are some quotes:

"The cost on this is $25, which honestly is a steal. I truly believe it is under-priced, which is a rare thing for me to say. The Fadeaway Deck is awesome in my opinion. It's a great effect that is honestly very, very easy to do. The concept of this is awesome! The visual nature is killer! I think it's amazing! With this, the better you are with handling cards, the more magical I think this could look. So the more practice you put into this, the better it can look, which is the beauty of this magical deck of cards, which I think really is a magical deck of cards. I'd give this a whole 89%. I think this is fantastic! An awesome, awesome effect!"
-Magic Shop San Diego

-Chris
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

A little late posting the Wizard Product Review -- I was in holiday mode -- but here it is now:

Sean Heydon: "It's an updated, turbo-charged version of the Mental Photography Deck. The 'Error 404: Card not Found' card is worth the price of the trick alone! I think it's great!"

Wayne Fox: "It's a lovely opener. If you're walking around doing restaurant magic, that kind of thing, you want something quick, visual, to introduce yourself as a magician, and then get on with some other magic. I thought it was great!"

David Penn: "It's a great product and it's got the brain of Chris Philpott behind it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Je9sVb3mxA

Thanks, guys!

Happy Holidays!

-Chris
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9325 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Https://youtu.be/3Je9sVb3mxA is the correct time line for this effect.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Magic Review - FADEAWAY deck by Chris Philpott // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFHTRhPIynE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FADEAWAY by Chris Philpott (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL