The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aaron Alexander The Edge (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Does anyone have info of this release?

Cause a 1000 dollars for something?

I havent purchased anything from aaron so dunno how this will be...

https://www.powa.academy/aaronalexander

Any info will be appreciated!

X

Cristóbal
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1248 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
"His work has been featured in some of the top acts in the world by mentalists, magicians, hypnotists, as well as other artists and performers." I've read that line in just about blurb of his products. But I never see their names. Who are those top acts? Anyone?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Keith Barry

Jerome Finley

I don't know who more uses his material but I know that Derren Brown and Luke Jermay have similar techniques

X

Cristóbal
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
Hey, we are opening officially the door for The Edge after the initial group of early birds
we are hosting a free webinar Dec 4th, 18.30 GMT+1 to answer every questions

https://powa.webinarninja.com/live-webin......09e34976
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1709 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I tend to immediately "un-consider" any product sold on a website that says "so-and-so" just purchased this or that trick, with a pop-up every three seconds. Not sure sellers realize how annoying this really is.
I don't really care if Joe Schmoe in Montucky just purchased the Edge.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1248 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I have to admit I find that really annoying too.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Yea that is really annoying...
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
I thought it was good social proof. anyway, since now there's the replay of the webinar on that page, we took it off 😉
ArclightHands
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ArclightHands
I feel what's also annoying is the whole pitch: POWA wants to embrace the mission of "creating Real Magic in the Modern Age"... but this product is $1000 with no 7 day 100% risk-free policy compared to POWA's Reality Bending course???
Their recent release of (P)Sync was nice. I liked it... but the jump of ~$75 all the way to $1000? Based off of this demonstration and the Ant Queen? It makes no logical sense to me and I imagine this huge jump cultivates a significant amount of purchase anxiety for prospects.
I spoke to the live-chatter about this and their response was essentially to take the leap of faith and pay the price. Their response was literally " 'the invisible rope' is worth the price of admission"... So this single effect alone from this course is worth the price of $1000? Ridiculous.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Yeah, agreed. Especially since there's a webinar recording there now, which would be extra annoying. Popup gone.

Now if you want to know that Gustav from Idaho bought something online, you will have to pay data miners for that information like anyone else.
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
Hey, ArclightHands, thanks for reaching out.
Not all of our products are for everyone, and it sounds like this might not be a match for you. For many of our purchasers, $1000 is a small price to pay for improving in their area, and that's who this is for.
The Edge scope goes way beyond a trick (which is in there), multiple tricks (which are in there),, or skills (which are in there).
I'm glad you liked Psync and are getting something out of it.
You might check out Aaron's Bridge for something similarly priced, or stay tuned for other POWA releases.
ArclightHands
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ArclightHands
Quote:
Not all of our products are for everyone, and it sounds like this might not be a match for you.

This is precisely why it makes sense to implement a risk-free guarantee like your other POWA products. Circumvent any anxiety people may have by allowing them a short period to check out the product and see if it is for them.
If not, no biggie: "Here's a refund thank you for your time and interest, we wish you all the best and hope you find what you're looking for."
At the end of the day though, POWA should do what they think is best to provide food on the table.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2019, ArclightHands wrote:
Quote:
Not all of our products are for everyone, and it sounds like this might not be a match for you.

This is precisely why it makes sense to implement a risk-free guarantee like your other POWA products. Circumvent any anxiety people may have by allowing them a short period to check out the product and see if it is for them.
If not, no biggie: "Here's a refund thank you for your time and interest, we wish you all the best and hope you find what you're looking for."
At the end of the day though, POWA should do what they think is best to provide food on the table.

Fair point about risk-free. We talked about it a bit and eventually decided not to do the normal POWA offer. Yes, fewer people will buy because of that. And so in the end there will be less food on the table, to use your metaphor.

What puts the most food on the table is medium-priced effects dripped out one after the other, and that's a fine way to do things. This project is about creating an interactive space for a smaller number of people to level up on their art massively and pursue a passion together. It might or might not work as a business model but the best way that I can think to share and grow something that means a lot to me and to those who helped put this project together.
Alex McFly
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
That would be something: to provide all magic tricks, which are offered for download, with a right of return. ;-)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18481 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, Alex McFly wrote:
That would be something: to provide all magic tricks, which are offered for download, with a right of return. ;-)

Which would be massively unfair to the creator Smile

Unfortunately, too many people will just take, learn, like it, but still say "not for me, please refund"...
Alex McFly
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
Yes, IAIN, that was exactly what I meant.

Of course I thought a few times that it would be nice if I could return the bought trick, because the advertisement promised something completely different. I'm sure everyone has experienced that in this business. But that's why we have this forum where we can exchange ideas and avoid such purchases.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3539 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This seems sketchy
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
328 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
The POWA academy has a good reputation, and so does Aaron Alexander. I have couple of their products - POWA's, not Aaron's. I dropped out of the Powa Tribe because that isn't for me.
I am inclined to trust that they will provide value for the money. But after watching the webinar I don't know anything more than before. The haze of mystery is a bit too thick on this release. There is no clear 'table of contents'. I still don't know what will be taught. And I think that this is only because they don't even know it.
But I've already thrown away so much money on over hyped stuff that wasn't worth it at all, that I may as well throw them some of my money. I might be a sucker for discounts and I admit to a having a severe form of FOMO, but hey, I can only hurt wallet.

If you get in the program now, you are a beta tester. You get 2 months of membership (they call it ongoing coaching) for free (included in the price) but I think that this is a couple of months too few. As the beta tester you also provide value to the program where everybody, also the academy, learns from. I bet in the first two months they are still developing the product and just when it starts to get interesting you will need to pay extra for the 'ongoing coaching'. After having already paid 1000USD!
Maybe the coaching should not be limited so much in months, but in hours. If you don't make use of the personal coaching in the first two months, you can always use this later. So you get like 8hrs of coaching, when you feel like you need them. And if you used up these hours, you pay extra.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Hey Bartelli,

I completely get this. It's a world of hype and cynicism. That's a big part of what makes it hard to do something different.

Yes, people will learn from each other. That's the point. It also means that you don't need me to be an omniscient guru, which I am not; I just have an approach that for many people will open a ton of possibilities and make things magical again. You get to learn with other people going through the same thing as you, which is the best way to learn. Guru model sells better, this way works better.

I don't know where "beta tester" is coming from. Maybe we left it on a page somewhere since our closed launch in July. We have shared most of the planned lessons (there will be more than planned of course) over the past 3 months with a few dozen paying members who came on knowing that we didn't have a course yet but who trusted our past work. We've used that to iron out many issues with this new approach both in terms of how people area learning/what they're struggling with as well as tech things like me botching the recording of some of the coaching calls. We are planning to add more lessons in the next month as more people join in.

You mentioned $1000 as a lot. For this first (public) batch of people signing up, $1000 is worth a new course with a novel approach and a year of coaching, and you get to discount the entry cost from live training. That's bonkers cheap for what you're getting if you can use it, and so the price will of course go up. And, of course, not everyone can use it. Again, it's not meant for everyone. Which is of course why I'm not stoked about the discussion taking place here, which tends to be for magic hype.

Keep sending your questions to Danny. He's making a list of common questions that I can answer in a short video.
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
Ok guys, we listened, and we changed the overall structure.
we are expanding the course to be a 4 month course, with be-weekly coaching calls.
No more monthly fee, you have LIFETIME access to the course.

We bumped the final price to reflect that, but good news is that we are honoring the grand opening special price 😉
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aaron Alexander The Edge (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL