The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Card jokes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan 101
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
164 Posts

Profile of Ryan 101
I want to start to add comedy to my card magic. What are some good lines to say during your card act?

Thanks
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
"At no time will my fingers leave my hand."

When you ask them to hold their hand out to put a card on it, shake their hand...

It should be based on what you're actually doing at the moment.
Smudge
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Smudge
After asking someone to shuffle a pack and remove one card, I say, "Can you remember your chosen card and put all the others back in their original order?" You'll see a look of fear come over your helper's face.
Chris C.
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Chris C.
Have a card selected and tell the spectator to memorize it. Have it lost in the deck and say, "You memorized your card, right?" They respond, "Yes." Ask them, "Both sides?"
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Shuffle them but don't mix them up. (Call stop for a card.) Is that the card you want? Do you want to change your mind? Or are you happy with the mind you've got?
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
326 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
"Pick a card, any card...not that one."

"OK, now I would like you to select a card. This one." (Handing them a card.)

"Now put your card back into the deck anywhere you like as long as it's right here."

Ask the spectator to pick a card then very obviously move the spread so that their finger touches a card. "That one? OK."

Hand the spectator the deck and say, "I'd like you to shuffle the deck." Pause and look away until you hear them start shuffling. Then say, "But it's very important that before you do..."

Ask the spectator to think of a card. Then say, "Now there's absolutely no way I could possibly know what card you're thinking of, right?" When they agree with you say, "That's what I thought. Let's do something else then." (If you want you could either go on to another trick or use an invisible deck to actually reveal their card.)

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Craig

...Oh, and if you're performing for kids (or drunks) do the, "Nothing up my sleeves" bit then tilt your head back and say, "Nothing up my nose!"
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Your signature is very, very true!

Matt
Smudge
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Smudge
When using cards a good deal depends on a good deal.

Pick a card, any card, NOT THAT ONE!!!
#1magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of #1magician
Those are great, I'm gonna use some of them in my routine.
i dont call 911, i simpily perform the bullet catch and than point the bullet at them and ask if they care to try.
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Have spectator shuffle deck, "Mix those cards up as much as you want just don't disturb my original order."

It's always great to get a sad look on your face as they hopelessly mix up the cards and you say, "Well, too late now."

If you like callbacks you can refer back to this spectator throughout the rest of the act, i.e. in the middle of another trick turn to the spec and say something to the effect of, "I'm sure you'd love to destroy the order right now again, wouldn't you?"

When spectator has a free choice of any card, "Pick a card, any card, preferably the ones marked pick me..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Card jokes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL