The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Best Magic in Tokyo? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Schreibman
View Profile
New user
Orlando FL
20 Posts

Profile of Professor Schreibman
I'm going to be visiting Tokyo for the first time this summer.
I'd love to get people's recommendations regarding:
a) The best place to see magic performed?
b) The best magic shop?
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Unfortunately, the only places to see live performances are the few "Magic Bars" - Magic Bar Tejinaya Shinjuku being rated the best.

I have not been there as for the price, I get much better variety and quality at the Edinburgh Fringe, which I go to every year, and can see 10-15 very good shows for less than GBP each.

The best (and only physical store in Tokyo) is Magic Land (https://www.facebook.com/MAGIC-LAND-1487088714926517/), but again, while its worth a visit for the experience, there is nothing to buy there that you cannot get from the UK/US online stores.

To me, the greatest magic is Tokyo is buying Tenyo products as very low prices compared to what they are being sold for in the UK/US online stores. Tenyo is really cheap in Japan! And in order of best prices, I would go to:
- Yodobashi Camera Main Store in Akiba, Akihabara.
- BIC Camera in Yurokacho (5-10 minutes walk from Ginza).
- and then Hakuhinkan Toy Store (Ginza) or Tokyu Hands, since both do not sell Tenyo at a discounted price (but still cheap compared to UK/US).

From what I have read, here are better live shows in Osaka, which is the home of close-up magic in Japan.

Hope this helps!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Best Magic in Tokyo? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL