The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLACK EDITION TURNER WATCH (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Yes he is great and the new swipe feature is awesome. It also works with some dice. Marc Antoines and the new spotted dice. I personally don’t like that as much as with a remote but it’s still a good option.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
What are the spotted dice?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

It is a dice set from Andras and Benke that has some features not in any other version.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Somehow, I doubt that Benke and Andras are going to stop at just CubeSmith, PeekSmith, their Watch, and Spotted Dice. I predict we'll get other fun stuff from this duo and, ultimately, it will probably all work together for some amazing routines. I swear, I think Benke only sleeps about 2 hours a day and spends 22 hours working on or thinking up magic effects. Smile

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I have replaced my Turner with an SB watch.
Admittedly, the Turner exudes a bit more class (In my opinion), but effectiveness and reliability prevail.
The ability to "freeze" the chosen time is crucial and indispensable to me.

And stop now if you please to glorify this watch and Benke in this thread.
Soon everyone will be walking around with an SB watch.
To avoid that: Benke does not speak Dutch, the watch only has 11 hours, the watch is much too large (4 inches in diameter), it is rumored that the watch probably causes corona, if you swipe: the watch flies off you wrist, the app is very unreliable: an update every few hours with something new. Awful.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

How's this for a completely opposite experience...

This morning, Benke released the update to the TimeSmith app that added swipe/remote capability. It worked great right out of the chute but a few members of the Facebook group had some recommendations for some enhancements/improvements. Just 2 hours later, Benke released another update with those recommendations already implemented. It practically happened in realtime!

Benke is a true wizard!

Mark

Yes, actually the T Boys seem to be very much like Andras, however they are unfortunately sorely lacking in the Benke department. 🤪
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Benke and Andras are among the best magic nerds I have ever met virtually.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Assuming that TW does not currently have voice input then? Is this the biggest selling point for the SB watch?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
TW v SB watch.... Both ultimately do the same job IMO, the spectator names a time and the watch shows it.

Both are about the same price so what’s different about them? I don’t own the SB watch but it seems that the Peeksmith app allows the watch to be controlled with the cheapo remotes, allows voice activation (not sure if that’s really a practical option however in working conditions?) and can be used to control other hardware and watches. Also seems better online support. Seems too that the predicted time is frozen where with the TW, it doesn’t so the reveal needs to be shown quickly after it has been set.

Anything else? Maybe owners of both can comment.

Personally I can’t see why I should buy the SB watch as I already have the TW. The key thing for me is the input method - the TW watch has the calculator mode which is fab, and I can now also use my Wilson remote which is great - this is where the TW boys have certainly lost points in not supporting a remote quickly despite numerous customers asking for it. Well done to Matthew Wilson for sorting it out!

For someone who doesn’t have the TW, then it’s a different story. Perhaps the SB guys should start a separate thread here to discuss it in more detail?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Both are about the same price so whats different about them? Simply Magic Web

Ive owned both. The big difference Is the Turner does not freeze the time, the TimeSmith does. Its not possible to freeze the time with a second hand. So for my purposes when I used the Turner in a stand up show my secret helper had to input the time 60 seconds before the reveal. I didn't like this process.

With the TimeSmith as soon as the spectator mentions the time usually 12 min into the act, the time is now input and forgotten, 30 min later, revealed.

Theres other differences too, but Im in Tier 4 so typing not allowed.

I personally love Benke customer service and found Turners a shambles, but of course that's only a subjective opinion after dealing with them.

Other people don't give a hoot about the freeze option, one amateur I know, inputs the time when the spectator says it and times his patter for 59 seconds so his prediction is correct.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

DR
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
I agree the Turner input was wonderful, Ill give them that.

DR
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
107 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Hi,
First of all sorry for posting this question in this thread but I cant find another that covers the SB watch, spotted dice and the UI interface to combine them.
I have been holding off for a watch as well as a dice set up. This looks interesting and the ability to combine the two is great.

I have tried to find the "spotted dice" but cant find it on the net anywhere, can someone point me in the right direction please??

I have found PeekSmith and if I wanted to combine a time prediction with the SB watch and the spotted dice is the PeekSmith device necessary as an interface? (as per there demo video)
Please feel free to ask for this to be moved to a more relevant thread just I cant find one at the moment

Thank you Smile
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
TW v SB watch.... Both ultimately do the same job IMO, the spectator names a time and the watch shows it.

Both are about the same price so what’s different about them? I don’t own the SB watch but it seems that the Peeksmith app allows the watch to be controlled with the cheapo remotes, allows voice activation (not sure if that’s really a practical option however in working conditions?) and can be used to control other hardware and watches. Also seems better online support. Seems too that the predicted time is frozen where with the TW, it doesn’t so the reveal needs to be shown quickly after it has been set.

Anything else? Maybe owners of both can comment.

Personally I can’t see why I should buy the SB watch as I already have the TW. The key thing for me is the input method - the TW watch has the calculator mode which is fab, and I can now also use my Wilson remote which is great - this is where the TW boys have certainly lost points in not supporting a remote quickly despite numerous customers asking for it. Well done to Matthew Wilson for sorting it out!

For someone who doesn’t have the TW, then it’s a different story. Perhaps the SB guys should start a separate thread here to discuss it in more detail?

If you have the Turner watch and it works well for you you probably don’t need the SB watch. The SB watch has some features that the Turner doesn’t and a much better app. Both of them have integration with ithump which I highly recommend. The SBwatch lets you freeze the time which is useful if you want to reveal it later in your show, voice recognition Lock Screen input and many more planned. It doesn’t have a calculator input but I’ve been using ithump for it. You can peek al the entered into also and force a number. The TimeSmith app can also work with some other hybrid watches which is a good option that is cheaper.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Clearly the SB watch and the Timesmith app are working well and getting great reviews. Perhaps it may be worth someone setting up a separate post in Latest and Greatest which will, I’m sure, help in the promotion of them separately rather than piggy backing on this thread?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I've avoided starting a new topic for TimeSmith specifically because I wanted to avoid the name of the watch getting used repeatedly in forum messages. Google's bots will crawl this site soon enough (as it is) and, before we know it, a spectator's search for the name of the watch might turn up this topics. Just google "turner watch" or "T watch magic" and see the results.

But alas, the name of the watch continues to get used repeatedly in this thread so it seems a moot point now.

Mark
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

You could just call it the TimeSmith watch. However if you look up the name of the watch it comes up with a real company and if you look up the name of the watch magic it comes up with Joao Miranda’s. I’m sure benke will make a thread once the app has some more features.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I'd be interested in a TW with a reliable remote.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
There are remotes that now work with the TW app. These remotes simulate the swipes needed (normally done on the phone screen). There were some hiccups in that development process (simulated swipe via remote) because of changes to iOS caused some of the remotes to stop working. The developers came up with workarounds and, from what I understand, those workarounds work well. But, IMHO, it's still a "kludge" to some degree.

That's what I like about TimeSmith. Bluetooth remotes work natively with the app. There's no need to set up/turn on certain iOS "accessibility" features to make them work.

Those of you that are interested in this really should consider joining the TimeSmith Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/timesmith

Mark
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I've got a TW. I've never understood this obsession for a remote control. It works perfectly well without one.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Thank you all for your nice comments. However, I agree that discussion in this thread should be limited to Turner Watch related topics, like adding official support in TimeSmith. I will start a new thread for TimeSmith and the *S*B* Watch. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLACK EDITION TURNER WATCH (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL