The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Medal by Harry Robinson & Matthew Wright (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
A medal is displayed in full view. Your spectator then selects a card by looking at a card from a face-up spread, cutting the deck, counting down to a card... whatever way you prefer. Then, the medal is shown with their selected card ENGRAVED within the medal and it can be handed out for examination. Fits in your pocket and resets in seconds. Comes in blue or red.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/search.aspx?f=351

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Looks like a magnetic connection which gives you a few to choose from. Perhaps could use a MPD? Not sure how many attachments the gong comes with.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Looks like a magnetic connection which gives you a few to choose from. Perhaps could use a MPD? Not sure how many attachments the gong comes with.

I don't know what an MPD is but the ad says "The reverse side of the medal is now shown to be engraved with the selected card. It is really engraved (no semantics). The medal can now be handed out for examination."

If it was magnetic, I don't think you could hand it out for examination (?)
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, dman11 wrote:
Quote:

I don't know what an MPD is but the ad says "The reverse side of the medal is now shown to be engraved with the selected card. It is really engraved (no semantics). The medal can now be handed out for examination."

If it was inset so that it lay flat with the medal you could.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That would mean that you couldn't reset it openly or instantly too.
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Since the trick has red and blue versions, I'm guessing there's a gaff deck involved. I'm sure we can all think of the easiest way to do such a trick, so I really hope they're not charging $60 for a one-trick prop and a o** w** d***.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Guessing its a Koran style forcing deck (the way he shows the deck + card pumping) then he just pulls a disc which has the card on it out his pocket which magnetically attaches to the medal (you can see him doing the move at 2.52 in the vid) I imagine the discs are double sided too to save pocket space.

don't see how this is examinable though unless it is inset, unless one of the cards is printed on the medallion already in which case if they pick that card it can be handed out
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

MPD Mindpower Deck
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Another worker from Harry.

Very easy to do and built in comedy and audience interaction.

Get yours here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/54796.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, Chamberlain wrote:
Guessing its a Koran style forcing deck (the way he shows the deck + card pumping) then he just pulls a disc which has the card on it out his pocket which magnetically attaches to the medal (you can see him doing the move at 2.52 in the vid) I imagine the discs are double sided too to save pocket space.

don't see how this is examinable though unless it is inset, unless one of the cards is printed on the medallion already in which case if they pick that card it can be handed out

That’s a good point. Double sided inset inserts would make sense. Although you’d have to manage orientation etc. I’m sure Mark can expand on this as it’s not as if we’re going to replicate it.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
This is really cool, seems like it uses the cards from the 5221 Deck? However, how is any of that "mind reading"? Also, this is good but when working walk-around, how do you explain to people why the engraving keeps changing... People talk to each other when you're good.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote [People talk to each other when you're good.]

How would you know Patrick? Smile
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
PatrickGregoire: "I actually won mindreader of the year several years in a row, so I have a couple of different medals and put on a different one for each performance."

Better yet would be letting us order these customized with different engraved front. "Mindreader of the year" is way too kitsch
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2019, Daegs wrote:
PatrickGregoire: "I actually won mindreader of the year several years in a row, so I have a couple of different medals and put on a different one for each performance."

Better yet would be letting us order these customized with different engraved front. "Mindreader of the year" is way too kitsch

I think it’s perfect. It’s all done tongue in cheek and would definitely get good reactions. Would be nice if it was examinable but not a deal breaker.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
An entertaining, if convoluted, card reveal.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
A deck is supplied with The Medal but if you have 5221 you will be even happier with this and have more options.

Everything is very well made and thought out making performance and reset very easy.

The so called fishing required actually adds to the fun of the reveal. Normally you want any fishing to be a quick a possible but with this if you get it wrong every time it adds to the effect and comedy.

Being repeatable and just as examinable if not more than certain gimmicked coins you could think of this really is great value for money, it really should be much more considering what you recieve.

No refills are required, maybe just a new deck after hundreds of performances!

I will also add that everything lines up so the reveal is not twisted on The Medal.

I can't really think of anything negative to say about this, it could be played straight or as a comedy piece so can suit any performer.

Get yours now www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/54796.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
How many reveals?
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Its a nice effect, the fact you'll need to carry an extra deck, spare pocket for the extras (if it does use discs) and also carry a medallion is a bit too much (so we're talking 2/3 pockets used?), but if you're doing a closeup show or an event for a smaller group of people and want some extra routines for when you come back for a second time this would be a nice addition.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2019, Chamberlain wrote:
Its a nice effect, the fact you'll need to carry an extra deck, spare pocket for the extras (if it does use discs) and also carry a medallion is a bit too much (so we're talking 2/3 pockets used?), but if you're doing a closeup show or an event for a smaller group of people and want some extra routines for when you come back for a second time this would be a nice addition.

You need to buy a Card Scarf Evolution - 6 extra pockets!

https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......oni.html

You wear the medal so no pocket required for that.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote [People talk to each other when you're good.]

How would you know Patrick? Smile

😂

Regarding the justification of what the medal says, it's not difficult. I just find it odd that they went with those words seeing as it's not related to the trick. I suppose laymen wouldn't think that way though, nor would they care.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Medal by Harry Robinson & Matthew Wright (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL