The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Now You Sleeve Me by Jeffrey Wang (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
744 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I've been watching Jeffrey's Instagram videos for a while. Glad to see this finally drop!

https://www.ellusionist.com/now-you-slee......17889617

WE STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S SLEEVING

At Magic LIVE this year a shy young man walked up to our team, with his sleeves pulled up, threw a borrowed coin through a portal in the air and made it appear in our awaiting hands... 3 feet away.

That guy was Jeffrey Wang. The creator of 'Now You Sleeve Me'.

What makes Jeffrey's sleeving so unique, is that he can tell you it's sleeving and you STILL don't believe him.

His flawless method has none of the tell-tale signs of dirty work.

- The hands remain flat and rigid.

- The sleeves can be pulled up, away from the extreme edge of the wrist.

- You see the coin, sharpie - ANYTHING, right up until the last moment.

Presented by two-time AGT Winner & Vegas Headliner Shin Lim and in collaboration with Ellusionist.com, this visual medley contains:

The JT Vanish - Jeffrey's first method to sleeve, sharpies, coins, jumbo coins and anything else you can think of.
The JC Vanish - This is the one where it vanishes with a clap.
Reappearances
Transpositions
Portal effect - This one you won't see in the trailer, but it's our absolute favorite.
Multiple changes
Circle Vanish - Jeffrey's favorite from the entire project. The
Circle Color Change
Rolled-up Sleeve, Sleeving - With this technique you'll be able to sleeve coins effortlessly

Eddie XU also joins Shin & Jerrfrey to teach his favorite way to use the JT vanish, by linking a chinese coin to a string... IN MID AIR.

At an introductory price of $9, there really isn't any reason to not have this in your arsenal as a magician.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Great visual vanishes, appearances, and changes. I assume a fairly high bar to mastery, even for coin guys, but well worth a try.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1250 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Looks awesome. Is this suitable for mortals with average dexterity?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
718 Posts

Profile of dduane
I'm guessing that you need to be quite gifted to look as good as the trailer. There's no mention of the difficulty.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
So I have this now. I just started practicing and when you nail it it feels awesome and looks amazing. I don't think the moves are crazy hard actually. I have no real experience sleeving and I seem to be making some progress in the half hour I've been going along with this. I think what is more important is that your jacket or shirt with long sleeves hangs a little and isn't skin tight. There is a few more advanced things I haven't tried yet, but I think the only difficult thing will be with the sleeves rolled up. Jeffery does this effortlessly, but I imagine it would take a little more practice than the other things. If anyone knows where he got his jacket (the marble style) I would love to get a link!
Hebegeebe
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Hebegeebe
Well once again this tutorial won't actually teach you how to bend and suspend the laws of physics, but it will teach you practical sleeving applications you will be using immediately after watching. Obviously so hours will be needed to perform as fluidly as Jeffery for all the effects shown, but for example a simple production can be done immediately after learning the method. I have been shy of sleeving for quite some time, but this has encouraged me to go out and by a new jacket and get my sleeving game on. Excellent tutorial, thanks all who made it happen.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
744 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I was a fan of Jeffrey’s work before so unsurprisingly I really like this. The tutorial is only 21 minutes long and Jeffrey kind of blazes through the three main techniques (JT, JC and Circle Vanish) and a bunch of different applications. Vanishes, reappearances, a triple spellbound, coin through glass, coin on string, the portal effect looks crazy. There’s a lot of ideas/applications for $15 (I got it for $9 on Cyber Monday).

To be honest, they could have spent longer explaining the core techniques, providing more slow-motion shots so that the viewer really gets an understanding of the motion and inertia at play. Especially the Rolled Up Sleeve Sleeving portion towards the end. That said, this is really something that each person is going to have to get a feel for anyway. The teaching is sufficient, I was just hoping for a Michael Ammar style slow-motion Super Practice section!

As for difficulty, I don’t think it’s that hard. Because the hands are flat and stationary there are fewer moving parts compared to conventional sleeving. It won’t take long to get it down but it will take longer to get it down consistently and confidently. Size of your sleeves and how far they are rolled up affect the difficulty level considerably. I will say that the most impressive vanish IMO, the Circle Vanish, is definitely the easiest of the three, even with sleeves rolled up.
_W_
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of _W_
Wow, this video is AMAZING! It really gives you a different perspective on sleeving as it is extremely unconventional. Having followed Jeffrey on Instagram for many months, I'm really excited to apply these techniques to other coin tricks.
I Believe In Magic
View Profile
New user
Kent, England
6 Posts

Profile of I Believe In Magic
This is a good download. Not too difficult but will require a stiffer sleeve than most other sleeving techniques. He’s always wearing a similar coat or jacket so maybe that’s why. Only criticism is one of the effects has a weird set up which I feel is completely impractical except for anything other than for video. If there is a way to use it then he’s keeping it to himself. Still well worth it though as the moves have a lot of applications and the visual is awesome
I Believe In Magic
View Profile
New user
Kent, England
6 Posts

Profile of I Believe In Magic
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2020, I Believe In Magic wrote:
This is a good download. Not too difficult but will require a stiffer sleeve than most other sleeving techniques. He’s always wearing a similar coat or jacket so maybe that’s why. Only criticism is one of the effects has a weird set up which I feel is completely impractical except for anything other than for video. If there is a way to use it then he’s keeping it to himself. Still well worth it though as the moves have a lot of applications and the visual is awesome

I take this criticism back. He just sent me a fantastic tip on how to set it up practically and it’s brilliant. Will take some practice but what coin magic doesn’t?! Great download and great citizenship from Jeffrey to explain it 👏🏻
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of eric6
Hi James
I pmed you Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Now You Sleeve Me by Jeffrey Wang (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL