The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fragment video download by Michael Murray (60 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Here is the ad:

"Nice to see an effect that is not only a real magician fooler but also totally designed for real-world performing too!" - Jamie Daws

There has been a lot of buzz on Facebook these past few weeks regarding the impending release of Michael Murrays new 'ACAAN style' effect. After witnessing the effect in action Michael received the following messages -

"Wow, Just Wow!" - Jamie Daws
"Holy !@#$, that is incredible!" - Joel Dickinson
"Mate that’s genius!" - Run Andrews
"Wowwwwzasss!!!" - John Carey
"That’s Insane!" - Mitchell Kettlewell
"You've had my head working overtime all night!" - Stevo Watson
"That’s impossible!! Take my money!!!" - Nick Richmond

Best of all, there are no gaffs or gimmicks in play and since it requires no set-up, it can be performed at any time with a shuffled deck in use. Oh, we should also mention that this is very easy to perform too!

FURTHER INFORMATION COMING SOON!

Note: This effect will be released as a video download within the next two weeks.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Any news on this?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I did film the explanation for this just over a week ago but sadly my hands were off shot for some of it and so I hope to re-film it next week. It has been getting superb reactions from everyone so far so I am excited to get this one out! I will update this post as things progress Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12100 Posts

Profile of John C
We’ll be here.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1723 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is honestly, brilliant! Firstly, it is sooo fooling. Every method I could think of was cancelled out by the fairness of what was happening. Second is how clever the method is. It really is a kick yourself moment, as soon as you see whats going on, you just want to try it out! Thirdly and in my opinion the most important thing is, it is a commercial effect which can (and I have) used this in the real world. It is simple for the spectator to follow, there is minimal procedure and easy to execute and it's engaging for the audience which in the type of effect, sometimes isn't the case. Bare in mind, Michael didn't ask for me to write anything and doesn't know I'm writing this. He also at no point asked me to comment on it and was simply sharing it to see what I thought. This comes from the heart because I think it is a great effect!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2255 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So this is an in depth review at Michael Murray's new Fragment video download that will be available with you all very soon, within this month.

First off, how easy is this to perform? And is it doable/workable from a performance stand-point?

Yes, to answer the first question, as you do not need to know lots of card handling skills to be able to pull this off. There are various ways one could go about doing this, and Michael teaches several methods for you to pick and choose what you feel comfortable with.

Yes, to answer the second question. Can be done in any environment, no setup or stacked deck necessary, borrowed shuffled deck, and can be done with an incomplete deck as well.

So how does Fragment compare to the 2 new recent ACAAN downloads that are available on the market, like Think Nguyen's FreeCAAN, and also Chance ACAAN.

I have reviewed Chance ACAAN, and while the idea is good, I cannot see myself performing it, you can look up my review under latest and greatest.
FreeCAAN, is a very workable and doable effect, but there is a lot more that you need to do in order for it to work. Think Dani DaOrtiz style of magic.
Its good, and I certainly will use it, but I believe people are waiting for an ACAAN that really is mind boggling, surprising, fooling, easy to do, not a lot to do, and lets you focus on your presentation......enter FRAGMENT by Michael Murray.

Michael has fooled a lot of performers with this, as well as people that have seen it.
I have already performed it, and I agree with the others, that it really is a great solution to the plot, since and here is the big "ONE" the card and number exist only in the spectator's mind, and they at no time say anything out loud, so it seems impossible for you to know what their card is, let alone their number.
The structuring, psychology, framing, presentation, all weave together to an effect that can and will play big anytime, anywhere.
This reminded me of another great CAAN by Atlas Brookings and Andrew Brown that I perform a lot called The Crusade. You can see a sprinkle of The Crusade in here, but it is nothing like The Crusade. I use the Crusade a lot, and there are times where I will perform The Crusade for 2 people, and now you can follow it up with Michael's Fragment, if someone says do it again, then you can perform Fragment for just that 1 person, and they will be expecting something similar to The Crusade, but you will take them on a totally different ride.

I suspect Fragment will be your go to ACAAN style effect, that will replace other ACAAN's since its impromptu, and you don't even need to use your deck of cards.
Fragment will be to worker ACAANs, as Daniel Garcia's Torn will be to TnR effects, for example. This will be your workhorse effect, that you will always want to perform since it can literally be done anywhere you desire.

Again, I must point out, that you will be able to perform this within minutes of learning, but don't let that deter you from the fact, that since its easy, it is not good. Sometimes the easiest effects/methods garner the best responses. I know, I have been personally performing Rainbow by SeoMagic, for a long time now, and that is the easiest effect out of my repertoire, and it is one of the effects that people will remember forever.

If you focus on your presentation, and routine, this effect will play huge.

Plus it will be inexpensive when available to download, and I suspect you will love it.

This will be the new standard in the way people will perform an ACAAN style of effect, and the most interesting part and baffling is that the spectator never once mentions their card or thought of number, yet, you will know, and you will want to perform this every chance you get. I know I do.

Watch this space soon, since Michael is re-filming the explanation video this week, so it should be available in no time.

Plus we all love Michael, and know he is a genius creator, and always comes up with workable and great effects and principles, like Springboard, CUPS, and more.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3661 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Love this, I can think of a way it could be done except Michael clearly didn’t do the move that would be required. If I were Penn & Teller I’d have to say “He fooled me”.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8531 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Definitely looking forward to this.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3166 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Definitely looking forward to this.

👍👍 same here.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2339 Posts

Profile of 252life
Ditto. Looking forward to it.
Great review Alex, thx
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1421 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Any update? You know some of us (*ahem*, me) are eagerly waiting to learn more. Smile
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Any updates? Looking for something to gift myself for the holidays Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Sadly the explanation footage I shot wasn’t up to par and so I will be re-filming that very soon after Christmas Smile

Wishing each and everyone of you all the very best in the interim!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8531 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2019, celebrity wrote:
I did film the explanation for this just over a week ago but sadly my hands were off shot for some of it and so I hope to re-film it next week. It has been getting superb reactions from everyone so far so I am excited to get this one out! I will update this post as things progress Smile

Best Wishes Michael

You should’ve said next month. Smile
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Any updates ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4433 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2019, doriancaudal wrote:
Any updates ?

Whilst I agree with you that the 30th of December is very soon after Christmas, I feel it may be that Michael wants a few more days with family before "returning to work". I bet he has at least a few drinks tonight! Smile

Have one on me, Mr Murray!
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
Next year Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8531 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2019, celebrity wrote:

Best Wishes Michael

You should’ve said next month. Smile

Told yer. Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Gents, I am just sipping on a nice single malt trying to shake off the final symptoms of a cold but once the new year is in and my children go back to school I will be making this my top priority to complete.

I have sent a few free copies of the existing walk through out to a few members of the Café (whom I asked not to post their thoughts until they had physically worked it so they can give an honest response), so hopefully some feedback good, bad or ugly will also be appearing early in the new year too.

Wishing each and every one of you all the very best for the New Year!

Michael

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2339 Posts

Profile of 252life
Happy New Year, looking forward to this Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fragment video download by Michael Murray (60 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL