The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Dick Oslund (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3386 Posts

Profile of Julie
I just finished reading an exchange between Dick and myself (and others, too) as a result of some information I had been searching for. ('Sorry for ending the sentence with a preposition, Dick.)

Jeez, I miss him!

Julie
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2502 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
When I was a teenager he was at a lot of magic events around the area we both lived. Seems like he was always at Abbott Get Togethers. I saw him perform a few times. He was a school show guy forever, his book is good.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2574 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I only knew him from his posts and PM's here on the Café. A generous man with a wealth of pro experience with a genuine desire to pass on his knowledge to anyone who wanted and was willing to learn. Such a shame he's no longer with us.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of TomB
Very sad to hear this. I thought something might be wrong because he usually responded quick in private messages. I am really bummed I didn't visit his this summer when he opened his home.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
48 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
I realised when dropping by here tonight just how much I miss his presence here. What a spirit the man had!
Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

.Smile What do you mean you don't read?

"You cannot BUY a TRICK.
TRICKS, somewhat like music, only exist while they are being PERFORMED.
An EFFECT cannot be BOUGHT either. An EFFECT is what the spectator perceives.
You need to read FITZKEE. --There are only nineteen EFFECTS"
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Wales
112 Posts

Profile of Kong
RIP, Dick.

My post from the thread in "Looking After Our Own":

Quote:
On Jan 15, 2020, Kong wrote:
I've only just now happened across this thread by chance and learnt of Dick's passing. How terribly, terribly sad.

Dick was one of the first people to engage with me on this forum. He was very helpful and kind to me and he even sent me a letter containing a photocopied excerpt from his book, detailing his excellent Card To Pocket routine. He flatly refused any payment, even to cover postage, because in his words "it's a small price to pay for people to say nice things about me!". The letter, in its original envelope complete with "rabbit out of a hat" postage stamp and "Dick Oslund, Magician" rubber stamp, has stood proudly on display on my magic shelf since I received it. I shall now treasure it even more.

I didn't know you for very long, Dick, but thanks. You made a big impression on me and I'll never forget you.

Bon Voyage, friend.

RIP.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2019, HofzinsersFan wrote:
I realised when dropping by here tonight just how much I miss his presence here. What a spirit the man had!

When dropping by here any time I realize just how much I miss his presence here. (wiping tears)

Doug
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I just read this , I am shocked. When I use to spend time on the Café and ask questions Dick always shared his wisdom. He even mailed me his silk blow tube to keep absolutely free... I offered to pay for it or atleast cover the shipping costs and said “all I ask is that you use it.”...Dick was a tremendous wealth of knowledge. I never had the honor to meet him but always wanted to thank him in person and shake his hand. Rest In Piece 🙏

J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Dick Oslund (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL