The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (77 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
...However the PeekSmith peeking device literally blows everything else out of the water .

It's a small device that you can hide and it gives you instructions on how to solve the cube in real time. You'll need to be able to peek it, hence the name.
I agree. I'm still waiting to hear from the creator as to when I can purchase one if I am not going to Blackpool.

Where can we find out more about this PeekSmith?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3565 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The best way by far to perform this is with a hidden earpiece. However as Gaz points out, unless you spend big money on a pro setup volume is going to be an issue. My current preference is hidden earpiece combined with PeekSmith. This way if I can’t hear the earpiece well enough I can glance and get a visual cue.

I absolutely adore this app. I have posted a couple of routines to the Facebook group, including one where you can do a cube match with only a single cube. I own venom cube and perfect square and did own Rubicon and this beats them all hands down. A whole ton of routines but when it comes to the match the performer does the matching not just random but impossible chance. The cubes never leave the audiences sight, however the performer does not have to see the cube to either match or solve and the cloned cubes can be passed around the audience in their cloned state.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Mark I absolutely love this app and to me the PeekSmith addition is the icing on the cake of an absolute monster .
I personally am selling every other great cube gimmick I own .
This is purely because this cannot be topped imho it’s as pure as pure can be .
A self solving mechanical cube won’t beat this as I would prefer a cube which appears totally and utterly ungimmicked because in essence that is what it is
Gaz 🙂
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
63 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2020, judagar wrote:
I think there should be a special price offered in honor of Blackpool!!!! Smile

There is a special price for those who buy the app in Blackpool. Smile
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
63 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
But I’m not so impressed by the peek methods. Maybe it’s just the trial version I’m using, but I don’t know if I like the secret message on your screen while you try and solve. Off the top of my head I have ideas that might make the messages more hidden, while being in plain sight for the magician.

Please read this page: https://cubesmith.info/screens-and-secret-instructions

On the fake lockscreen / fake stopwatch you can set the color, size, opacity, vertical and horizontal placement of the secret text. Combined with a custom background you can hide the secret text quite well. Smile
TRI6KED
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
395 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
I here you sold out of all your stock at Blackpool.
Well done Benke Smith. Smile
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
Quote:
...can anyone recommend which is the best to buy in terms of quality, reliability and ease of use of cube and standard app...

1) "Giiker Supercube i3S" is a nice BT cube which can be used with the free "Supercube" app.

2) The new "Xiaomi Mijia Smart Magic Cube" is my new favourite though... no charging holes, runs 365 hours (active usage!!!) from a single RC1632 battery, and costs half of the Giiker cube. This is available on Aliexpress and Banggood only (I think). The Xiaomi cube has a separate app that can be downloaded for Android, but I'm not sure the iOS version is available in the AppStore.

Check out this page for more info: https://cubesmith.info/cubes

My new Xiaomi cube's battery is down to 80% after an hour of testing the free app version. At this rate, I'll be buying a battery every 5 -7 days. I don't think I'll hit that 365 hour on one battery.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
63 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Mine came with 80% in November, and is still at 80%. I guess yours will stay at 80% for a long time as well... just keep using it and you'll see. Smile
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Okay thanks. Will be ordering full version this coming week.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Mine came with 90% and I got it at Blackpool . It’s still at 90% and I have been running over the routine daily ever since Gaz 🙂
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
872 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Battery life on my Xiaomi is great, BUT Cubesmith more often than not will not see the cube. Very inconsistent. My Giiker, on the other hand, always 'pairs' flawlessly. Frustrating, since I would rather use the Xiaomi due to its battery.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
63 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
What do you mean it doesn't see the cube? Make sure the cube is turned on (with one turn, beeps once). If the cube beeps at every turn, it means you've put it in service mode. In this case turn the same side 4 times in the same direction, so the cube will make a series of short beeps and will be discoverable again. I had no problems connecting it from CubeSmith so far. Smile
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
111 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
What a pity I missed you at blackpool gaz... ;-) very curious who is the one behind the comments here on Café ;-)
good to know you are part of our cube-smith community.

Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Mine came with 90% and I got it at Blackpool . It’s still at 90% and I have been running over the routine daily ever since Gaz 🙂
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
63 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Gaz is a really nice and humble guy in person... it was a pleasure meeting him, gave him a big hug. Smile Smile Smile
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
What do you mean it doesn't see the cube? Make sure the cube is turned on (with one turn, beeps once). If the cube beeps at every turn, it means you've put it in service mode. In this case turn the same side 4 times in the same direction, so the cube will make a series of short beeps and will be discoverable again. I had no problems connecting it from CubeSmith so far. Smile

Thanks, Benke. When I say that it doesn't see the cube, I mean that the cube is not shown in the 'Select cube' list - and doesn't show even if I 'Refresh' the list. Also, when it IS shown in that list, selecting it will not result in the cube 'pairing.' By the way, my Xiaomi never beeps - with one turn or with four.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
And ***, I wish I had been able to go to Blackpool...if only to shake the hand of the genius who created this remarkable app.
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
My Xiaomi didn't show on the select cube list either but when I turned it at the top it beeped and then was shown in the app.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
63 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Yepp, the cube goes to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity. You have to wake it up with one turn... then it should be listed in the app. If the cube is connected to another app or phone, it won't be discoverable.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Magikgym, does your cube 'beep' as Benke said? Also, which side (color) did you turn to make your cube show in the list? Thanks>
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Yes my cube beeped once and then I saw it listed in the app. I just turned the top once clockwise and then it beeped. I'm not sure which or if a color side matters but I had the white side facing up with the "mi" on the middle white square.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (77 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL