The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TRI6KED
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
388 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, Maxy wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, BMWGuy wrote:
Hello,

When will this be released on IOS?

Thanks

Alex

It is already available for IOS, contact Benke for the info.

Not quite yet available for iOS. But hopefully in the next couple of days.
Just waiting on approval.
Christian de Punto
View Profile
New user
Germany
85 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, TazBo wrote:
Here is a video of me performing with this amazing product:

https://youtu.be/zuJE0GAaPgA

but to perform the routine in the shown way, next to the app and a bt-cube, you need extra hardware "for your ear" too, right?!

beside that, I miss a bit the "magic" in all off this. because here allways the performer is showing his "great abilities" (a bit like at a magic square). its impressive what he is doing, but not beyond (nearly) impossible. while at effects like "venom cube" the spectator hits the prediction of the performer or in "the solution" the spectator solves the cube behind his head... that's (much more) magical!

i do not want to say, that it is not a great app, but this two shown plots are not magical for me. maybe there are others. better ones.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1129 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Thank you Benke & TazBo!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
TRI6KED
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
388 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
Quote:

but to perform the routine in the shown way, next to the app and a bt-cube, you need extra hardware "for your ear" too, right?!

beside that, I miss a bit the "magic" in all off this. because here allways the performer is showing his "great abilities" (a bit like at a magic square). its impressive what he is doing, but not beyond (nearly) impossible. while at effects like "venom cube" the spectator hits the prediction of the performer or in "the solution" the spectator solves the cube behind his head... that's (much more) magical!

i do not want to say, that it is not a great app, but this two shown plots are not magical for me. maybe there are others. better ones.

Create your own plots.
There are many effects possible, for instance the spectator mixes their cube and they match their moves to match a picture in your phones photo album or on a webpage.
Yes, you can use other products to enhance the effect , but that is up to the individual.

That was my first ever performance, I had never done it before. My audience seemed to enjoy it. But I guess you wouldn’t have. Everyone to their own. ;-)
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
826 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, videoman wrote:
So then, can I assume that folks using CubeSmith who originally purchased Rubiked, are no longer using the Rubiked app and have switched entirely to this app?

That's true for me. I will pm you one aspect that's particularly better than Rubiked.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
Quote:

There is way to perform without the e*** piece.
There are other routines in the app, to make the mentioned routine more magical you can be blindfolded, you take the cube behind your back, sense the colors with your fingers and proceed to solve it without seeing the cube until it get solved. Spectator can mix one cube while you turn your back blindfolded, you proceed to match second cube behind your back to the spectator's cube state and you never saw both cubes until you are done.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Maxy
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
36 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
There is so much more coming in the next months... I already have a long to-do list, based on user requests and my own ideas as well. I intend to maintain this project for a long-long time. Smile
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
36 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:

Not necessarily... you can also use the screen of your phone/tablet if you can prepare for your presentation and hide the phone. You can peek from under a blindfold... I won my first ever magic contest using this method. Smile I've also used the fake stopwatch screen with 5-6 people standing around me, we all were watching the timer... but only I noticed the secret instructions. Very bold but still very sureproof method. Smile

About the magical aspect: it all depends on the performer. You can present it as skill, magic or mentalism as well. I never look at the cube(s) after I hand them over to mix, and always solve above my head or behind my back. My favourite is the cloning routine, where they keep one of the mixed cubes hidden, and I solve the other cube to match their pattern. They could even mix the other (target) cube some more while I'm solving mine, and I still end up with 2 perfectly identical cubes. No gimmicks, everything can be examined. Smile If this is not magic, then what is? Smile

I work with 2 totally different looking cubes:
- one has regular shaped stickers and also the magnets glued in, so it looks and sounds as a normal cube
- the other has GAN stickers, and the clicking magnetic sound (I say it's a speedcube)
This way spectators won't think I use special cubes. Sometimes they examine the cubes, but won't find anything. I even fooled a speedcuber guy who was familiar with the Giiker cubes, still he had no idea I was using them. Smile
Christian de Punto
View Profile
New user
Germany
85 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2019, BenkeSmith wrote:
Quote:

Not necessarily... you can also use the screen of your phone/tablet if you can prepare for your presentation and hide the phone. You can peek from under a blindfold... I won my first ever magic contest using this method. Smile I've also used the fake stopwatch screen with 5-6 people standing around me, we all were watching the timer... but only I noticed the secret instructions. Very bold but still very sureproof method. Smile

About the magical aspect: it all depends on the performer. You can present it as skill, magic or mentalism as well. I never look at the cube(s) after I hand them over to mix, and always solve above my head or behind my back. My favourite is the cloning routine, where they keep one of the mixed cubes hidden, and I solve the other cube to match their pattern. They could even mix the other (target) cube some more while I'm solving mine, and I still end up with 2 perfectly identical cubes. No gimmicks, everything can be examined. Smile If this is not magic, then what is? Smile

I work with 2 totally different looking cubes:
- one has regular shaped stickers and also the magnets glued in, so it looks and sounds as a normal cube
- the other has GAN stickers, and the clicking magnetic sound (I say it's a speedcube)
This way spectators won't think I use special cubes. Sometimes they examine the cubes, but won't find anything. I even fooled a speedcuber guy who was familiar with the Giiker cubes, still he had no idea I was using them. Smile

i sent you a pm....
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
36 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Great to see that everyone who had doubts and concerns so far, ended up being a CubeSmith user. ;-)
I will do my best to satisfy all users!!! Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1476 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Will pick up available for ios 👌🏻
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
36 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
The FULL version of CubeSmith is now available for both Android and iOS. The price is $160 for the app only, and $35 for a personal prediction photo option.
Yes, I know... CubeSmith is not a cheap toy, but it's also not for everyone. I'd rather keep it as an exclusive tool for pro magicians only.

However, I only sell licenses for the Android version at the moment, because Apple hasn't approved the app for the AppStore yet.
For those who buy the Android license and have an iOS device, I offer the iOS TestFlight version for FREE. Smile
It means every user will be able to use the FULL version of the app on Android and on iOS as well. Smile

Please PM me for details, or contact me on Messenger at: https://m.me/benke.smith
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Maxy
One of my favorite features of the CS app and it is not using Giiker cube, that you can sense the top color or number of a cardboard cube using cheaply available consumer device (think of it like Promy*** MD style effect on a budget).

Here is the list of Cubesmith included routines:
Quote:
Solving the cube
You give the cube to the spectator, they mix it, you take it back without ever looking, then you solve the cube behind your back blindfolded.

Prediction only
The spectator opens a webpage showing a blog about cubing on their phone. You tell them some facts about the cube, which you've read in the blog. Then you give them the cube to mix... and the final pattern will match the image on the blog page . It's an unbelievable coincidence!

Prediction, then solve
In this routine you can combine the first two effects. First the spectator opens the blog page on their phone, and you talk about some cube facts you've read there. Then you give them the cube to mix... and the final pattern will accidentally match the image on the webpage . Then they mix the cube again, you take it back without looking, and solve it behind your back.

Camera snapshot
The spectator mixes the cube, then they take a photo of the mixed cube with their smartphone (or camera). Then they mix the cube again... You are turning away for all this, so you don't have a clue what's on their photo, and how they mixed the cube afterwards. Still, you can "solve" the cube behind your back, so it will match the pattern on the photo they took.

Solve a custom pattern
You give the cube to the spectator, they mix it, and you take it back without ever looking. Then you pretend to solve the cube behind your back, but when you show the cube, it is not solved... it has the predefined pattern you have set in the settings.

Pattern from cards
You show the spectator a packet of cards, each displaying 3 sides of a mixed cube. There are 18 patterns and all of them are different. You briefly mix the packet face down, then the spectator picks one card (you don't see the pattern). Then you give them the cube to mix. When they are ready, you take the cube back without looking, and "solve" it behind your back so that the cube will match the pattern on the selected card.

Color sense-ation
The spectator mixes the cube, and keeps the cube in their hands. You try to sense the colors from a distance, without ever looking at the mixed cube.... "Is there a GREEN in the center somewhere?" - you ask, and the spectator looks for the green side of the cube... you then name every color on that side.

One color only
The spectator names their favourite color (or any of the six colors) from the cube. You give them the cube to mix, then take the cube back without looking, and "solve" it behind your back. Actually you don't solve the whole cube, only one side - which has their selected color!

Cloned cube (2 cubes)
You introduce two cubes, and give both of them to your audience to mix. Then you take one of them (either cube) without looking, and "solve" it behind your back so that the cube will match the other cube (the one they kept for themselves).

Virtual cube match
You show a virtual cube on your phone, which can be mixed with finger swipes. You also show a real cube. Then you try to make a prediction on the phone, while the spectator is mixing the real cube. You put your prediction (the phone) face down, and wait for the spectator to finish mixing the cube. When they are ready, you turn over the phone, and match the virtual cube to the real cube - and they are identical!

Virtual cube predicted
The spectator opens the blog page on their phone, and you talk about some cube facts you've read there. Then you show a virtual cube on your phone, which can be mixed with finger swipes. You give it to the spectator, who can mix the cube on the screen. When they are ready, you ask them to scroll down the webpage on their phone , and look at the photo: it shows the same pattern that they've just mixed on the screen!

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I use the Giker cube with it . How do other cubes make it any better ? Regards Gaz 🙂
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
36 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I use the Giker cube with it . How do other cubes make it any better ? Regards Gaz 🙂

I think he meant the MiBand color die, which is an extra accessory you can make at home, if you have the necessary "component". Please check out the "MiBand Die" page on the CubeSmith info webpage for more info! ;-)
cbarron
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of cbarron
I have been testing this and have to say it's so nice to use. Well done to the developers!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7757 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

Wow. Amazing. I had to laugh at choosing the only person on this planet not capable of mixing up a Rubik’s cube. Lol.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
388 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Wow. Amazing. I had to laugh at choosing the only person on this planet not capable of mixing up a Rubik’s cube. Lol.

Indeed. Next time I will pick someone from the older generation. LOL
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
There is one word for this app from Benke , SENSATIONAL ! Gaz 🙂
Ps it works perfectly on iOS in test flight mode too 👍
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL