The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (103 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
417 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2021, ceut2004 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and found this topic because of a problem with my (more than) 2 years old Giiker.
It was working well until about January.
But now, it does not show up at all on any of my Android devices (smartphones or tablet, rooted and not rooted).
When I plug it in, after almost 20 second, it shows up but error when trying to make the association.

Also, after about 1 minute on charge, it makes some bips (show that it is charged, and visible on the phone), but when I unplugged it, it disappears almost instantly...

So I think the battery is dead (does not hold the charge), but I can't find any information about it Smile

That's why I post this message, hoping maybe some of you having some information about the inside battery ?
Also, I do some electronics, so no problem for soldering, testing etc..

Thanks ! Smile
(sorry if my english is not good, it is not my native langage..)

Best join the CubeSmith Users Facebook Group as there is plenty of support on their regarding the Giiker cubes and the CubeSmith app.
ceut2004
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ceut2004
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2021, TRI6KED wrote:
Best join the CubeSmith Users Facebook Group as there is plenty of support on their regarding the Giiker cubes and the CubeSmith app.

Thank you for your fast reply !
As I'm not a facebook user (or any other social media user), I will try to fix it myself.

Thanks for the advice anyway Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2021, ceut2004 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and found this topic because of a problem with my (more than) 2 years old Giiker.
It was working well until about January.
But now, it does not show up at all on any of my Android devices (smartphones or tablet, rooted and not rooted).
When I plug it in, after almost 20 second, it shows up but error when trying to make the association.

Also, after about 1 minute on charge, it makes some bips (show that it is charged, and visible on the phone), but when I unplugged it, it disappears almost instantly...

So I think the battery is dead (does not hold the charge), but I can't find any information about it Smile

That's why I post this message, hoping maybe some of you having some information about the inside battery ?
Also, I do some electronics, so no problem for soldering, testing etc..

Thanks ! Smile
(sorry if my english is not good, it is not my native langage..)

Problems with the Giiker cubes have been mentioned several times in the CubeSmith Facebook group. Based on what I've read, there's no way I'd ever own a Giiker cube. Just not reliable enough.

Mark
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1108 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
The Xiaomi cubes are terrific. Pair easily.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I have some giiker cubes. That I've had since before the xioami was released. They have worked pretty well for me but I prefer the xioami cubes.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
I have a couple of Giikers as well, but found their pairing to be inconsistent.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
417 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
The Xiaomi cubes for me.
Only need to replace the battery once every 12 months. Very reliable.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2021, TRI6KED wrote:
The Xiaomi cubes for me.
Only need to replace the battery once every 12 months. Very reliable.

Benke has a great video in the Facebook group on how to change the battery in the Xiaomi.
ceut2004
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ceut2004
Thank you everyone for your advices with the Xiaomi Cube.
Is this new one is compatible with SuperCube app ? (as there are more games inside Giiker than the Xiaomi one on many youtube videos I saw).

For instance, I don't have the Giiker cube with me, but I will to do some tests on it and will post the result here (first thing I will try is to power-up it with my lab supply set at 4,20V with low current limiter)
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

It's not.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5157 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Changing the battery is easy on the Xiaomi and I bought mine off Benke face to face at the start at the Blackpool convention and he showed me the how . It’s simple and the best cube for this effect imho as it’s also restickered too just like the original Rubik’s cube . This was also done by Benke , Gaz 😊
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Yep, the Xiaomi cube is the best choice. But they do need to be modified... The magnets need to be glued in place (so they don't make clicking noises) and the cube looks best (looks more ordinary) if you re-sticker it with the Benke stickers from the seller in Europe.

I glued (the magnets) and re-stickered my own Xiaomi cubes. Piece of cake, just a bit time consuming.

All the information is in the CubeSmith group on Facebook and on the CubeSmith website.

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5157 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes correct Mark I bought mine with all that done from Benke so there is no noise . I am all for paying for perfection and with Benke that’s exactly what you get imho Gaz 😊
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes correct Mark I bought mine with all that done from Benke so there is no noise . I am all for paying for perfection and with Benke that’s exactly what you get imho Gaz 😊

Ditto for me, Gaz. Bought two from Benke, and they are silent, and turn like butter.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Is Benke even offering the modified Xiaomi cubes anymore? Last I read (on the Facebook group), he had enlisted the assistance of a few other magicians with the knack for modifying and re-stickering the cubes. I think new orders go through those guys now.

Mark
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Got mine directly from Benke a few months ago, Mark.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 12, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Is Benke even offering the modified Xiaomi cubes anymore? Last I read (on the Facebook group), he had enlisted the assistance of a few other magicians with the knack for modifying and re-stickering the cubes. I think new orders go through those guys now.

Mark

He still has his but depending on where you're located you can order them from someone else for a better deal on shipping and takes less time to arrive. (He's in Hungary for anyone who doesn't know)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5157 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Benke will do anything for me , I don’t have to go through 3rd parties ever ( not just with Benke ) it’s as simple as that
Gaz 😊
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Very good, thanks guys.

BTW, Benke shared an awesome cups and balls routine (his own routine) to one of his Facebook groups this morning. Really impressive, IMHO!

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5157 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly Mark people often comment about he isn’t a magician but a tech genius . They are wrong on one part he is a gifted magician as well as a genius in his own right too
Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (103 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL