The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (103 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Hi guys,

I've been eyeing this for several days and really wanting to hit the buy button. My concern though is in regards to the cubes. I see where some people are saying the Bluetooth connection is bad on the Giiker cubes. What would one do if you were to lose a connection during a routine?

Also, can someone tell me how long charging might take on the Giiker cube? I've heard that it can stay charged for a couple of weeks. Once it's charged, is it always on or is there an "Off" button to conserve battery. How do you know when to charge again?

Best,
Matthew
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, MatthewSims wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been eyeing this for several days and really wanting to hit the buy button. My concern though is in regards to the cubes. I see where some people are saying the Bluetooth connection is bad on the Giiker cubes. What would one do if you were to lose a connection during a routine?

Also, can someone tell me how long charging might take on the Giiker cube? I've heard that it can stay charged for a couple of weeks. Once it's charged, is it always on or is there an "Off" button to conserve battery. How do you know when to charge again?

Best,
Matthew

Regarding the BT cube, Benke himself recommended to me the Xiaomi Mi Square cube. This is one of the types of cubes he also recommends on the CubeSmith website. Don't know if there are any connection problems though. I haven't received mine so far.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am having NO connection problems at all with the Giker cube and the Cubesmith app . I did with the Rubiked app sometimes but it seems to worth perfectly with Benke’s app . The Giker lasts a couple of weeks charged and it shows you on the Cubesmith app exactly it’s battery state every time you launch the app . This to me is far an away the best app I have ever seen Gaz 🙂
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, MatthewSims wrote:
What would one do if you were to lose a connection during a routine?

I'm happy to answer all your questions. Smile

There are 3 types of supported cubes at the moment:

- the "Giiker i3" and "Giiker i3S (v2018)" (with blue charger) are always ON, and can be connected at any time without touching them. battery lasts about 3 weeks, the app displays the battery status. charging takes about an hour. once connected, they stay connected for an "unlimited time" during performance.

- the newer "Giiker i3S (v2019)" and "Giiker i3SE" (with black charger, and firmware 60 and above) have a battery saving function, turning off after 15 minutes if not connected (can be turned ON with one twist). battery lasts at least 2 months with one charge. when connected, they would disconnect after 30 minutes of inactivity, but CubeSmith would re-connect them automatically.

- the new "Xiaomi Mi Smart Magic Cube" has a removable battery which lasts for 360 hours, and can be replaced easily. This cube also turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity when not connected (can be turned ON with one twist). When connected, they stay connected "forever".

WARNING!!! When fully discharged (or 3% of the cubes even randomly) the cubes reset themselves, which means they will consider their actual state (pattern) as the solved state. In this case you have to manually solve them, and then perform a "solved reset" within the app (or use the "coloring reset" in Supercube). If this happens more than once when they are charged, then the cube might have a faulty component. It seems that about 3% of the cubes have this issue once or more. I'm telling you this to prevent any future surprises. When you work with electronics and/or software, things might go wrong from time to time. Luckily we (especially members of the Facebook group) are here to help each other and share our experiences to avoid these "accidents". Smile My advice: always store your cube(s) in a fully solved state, so if they ever get randomly reset, there will be no trouble at all. Smile
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Any update on when the iOS app will be approved/released? I have 2 cubes ready to go!

Mike
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, Michael Daniels wrote:
Any update on when the iOS app will be approved/released? I have 2 cubes ready to go!
Mike

Apple is reviewing it for 3 days straight now, don't know what to expect. Anyway, you can already use the TestFlight version, which is the FULL version.
There will be no difference if Apple ever approves the app... CubeSmith users would be more happy if the app would stay on TestFlight forever, hidden from the public. ;-)
(Also there would be other ways to distribute the app outside of the AppStore.)

So... if you decide to buy CubeSmith, you will get the FULL version for both Android and iOS (yes, it's cross-buy!!!). Just PM me when you're ready. Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I can tell you it doesn’t need Apple approval as it’s perfect in test flight and always will be .
However I want it iOS approved for Benke’s sake as this is pure genius and he quite rightly should and deserves to make lots of money from this .
He doesn’t need Apple approval and nor does anybody to buy it now so my advice is just do it as it will be one of the best purchases you ever make in magic provided you like Rubik’s cube magjc Gaz 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
But aren’t you paying an extremely large amount of money just to have a covert screen giving you instructions, as opposed to just hiding the phone and paying a fraction of the price?

Yes I realise it has extra functionality such as matching another mixed cube, but if, like me you’re only interested in solving (above your head) then what is the benefit of forking out so much?
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, pegasus wrote:
But aren’t you paying an extremely large amount of money just to have a covert screen giving you instructions, as opposed to just hiding the phone and paying a fraction of the price?

Yes I realise it has extra functionality such as matching another mixed cube, but if, like me you’re only interested in solving (above your head) then what is the benefit of forking out so much?

If alll you want to do is solve a cube, then don’t buy this. This product is for magicians who want to create more than that.
Everyone to their own.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Er I’ve been able to solve a cube since 1983 thank you. Never mind.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It has a lot more to it than that Pegasus and I also want it to be covert in plain site when solving and it’s reliability is fantastic too .
I also already had one of the best ear pieces so I don’t always need my phone out at all .
Lastly I got it for half price as I bought it at the Beta test stage but would of happily paid the full price as I love it Gaz 🙂 . Ps we must be of a similar age as I also learnt to solve the cube in 1983 aged 15 years of age 🙂
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Do you mean solving the cube using the free Supercube app? Here are the cons of doing it:

- you can't hold the cube in any orientation, so you can't solve the cube without ever looking at it
- you have to watch the screen constantly, so you wouldn't miss the animation (it won't repeat automatically)
- you can solve the cube slowly, waiting for the next animation to happen
- you have to touch the screen to start solving after the spectator mixed the cube
- if you want to restart the routine, you have to touch the screen several times
- you can't perform several routines, only the simple solve
- you won't get audio instructions (using the secret earpiece)

If you don't mind the above, then sure, the free Supercube app is the right choice for you! Smile
CubeSmith is a tool for professional magicians, it's not for everyone. In fact, the less people are using it, the better. ;-)

(Btw: CubeSmith with 2 cubes worth at least $400 if not more... so I'm still selling the app at half price.)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yes very good, however, I would never pay your asking price as this whole Rubik’s cube ‘solving behind the back boll@@@@‘ has a very limited lifespan as it’s already common knowledge amongst the masses that there are many electronic versions of the cube now available. In fact, many wholesalers have sold out this Xmas.

Enjoy the time you have left amongst the unaware.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Dear Pegasus,
I have addressed it before, but allow me a quick recap: you can show these routines also for those who already know about these bluetooth cubes and the Supercube app. I have already performed for cubers who have a Giiker cube, and they didn't have a clue... here is why:

- they never see your phone during the routine
- if you prepare your cubes in a specific way, they will look and sound like an ordinary cube, and noone will recognise them

Long story short: as long as the spectator is not familiar with CubeSmith (or similar magic apps that will certainly follow), they won't know the secret. Smile

However, it is clear that this tool is not for you, so I'm not trying to convince you... I wrote these answers to reassure those who had doubts. ;-)
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
P.S.: so far less then 1% of my spectators knew about bluetooth cubes, and 0% suspected I was using one... In a few years these numbers will go up to 2-3% and 0.00001% ;-)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree that the audible cue is very impressive, however, the amount of gimmick cubes out there increasing exponentially your product has a short lifespan, and that is the only reason I will not be paying your asking price. And please do not be so condescending in your attitude toward those who refuse to pay your asking price.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way, I didn't realize I wrote anything "condescending".

As I said: even those 1-2% who know (or will know) about bluetooth cubes, won't realize we are using one. That's a fact. Even if all 7 billion people knew about the Giiker cube, most of them could still be fooled. ;-) Anyway, I accept that you wouldn't pay for my app, and I'm totally fine with that. If you have any other questions that worth discussing, please let me know, these can be useful for other people who have the same fears/concerns. Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
do not be so condescending in your attitude

Pot meet Kettle! Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Ive just read this thread with my mouth open.....so much hostility and negativity....the comment about the 'solving the cube behind your back ********' was the one that made me laugh.....and the comment about it being a fad?.....well rubiks cubes have been around since 1974 so not sure how something that's been entertaining people for over 40 years will become a fad?.......I bought RUBIKED and got great reactions.....but I never liked the idea of having my phone hidden in a pad or something so I could use the free SUPERCUBE app to solve it like in the routine provided free on SATURN MAGIC page, it didn't work practically and felt arkward....this app takes things to an insane level. the fact you can get it to take you to a predetermined state such as 1221 BLINDFOLDED then do a one handed solve as the finish is just insane and very magical.... plus RAIN MAN style effects go down brilliantly with laypeople hence why the magic square is a killer effect used by pros such as Derren Brown who in many of his shows uses the premise of 'dick brains unite' and that hes a nerdy lad with special talents.....one of the best effects he did on stage was a tray of poker chips and after being slapped around (to simulate bullying for being a nerd) hes able to instantly tell everyone exactly how many chips are on the tray (it used a high tech weighing device that signalled him the total......thats a display of AUTISTIC SAVANTE skill and blew the audience away.... for example this demo for James Corben is entirely based on having special SAVANT abilities...... and it bloody kills....... so I think PEGASUS is talking ********
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAJHUv2JS7w
May your darkness come quickly
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
do not be so condescending in your attitude

Pot meet Kettle! Smile

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Pot is now confused, oh brother
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App (103 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL