The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUPER PSYCHIC READINGS BOOK by Ian Rowland (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2019, Mindpro wrote:

Stunninger also points out the advantages of using an oracle system? WHich I have problems with many that again readers seem to overlook. The one thing that is always troubling to these "improvisational readers" is their reading to the same person will never be the same. Many that enjoy a reading or believe in their (the reader's) abilities will often return for another reading maybe a year later or bring in friends and accompany them to their reading and asked to have theirs done again. With an oracle system, it is very possible and probable that the reading will be consistent or congruent with the reading they had from you previously, whereas for an improv reader it can and is very likely be quite different from the original reading.

Mindpro. You WANT the reading to be different! You can't say the same thing to people every time they come for repeat readings! That is one of the major difficulties with repeat readings especially if you do hour long sessions like I do. Sure, you should know something about them when they come again and read along the same lines since they may well have the same issues to deal with. However, you really can't say the same thing every time especially if they record the readings on their phones as seems to be the fashion nowadays. I do tend to agree with you that readings have nothing really to do with mentalism and is a separate thing entirely the exception being when mentalists are booked to do brief readings at events.

I get many repeat readings and I do find them a bit of a challenge. It becomes more difficult rather than less difficult the more you see the same people. Numerology remains the same and so does palmistry for the most part so you can't use that again (although there are ways to do just that) However, just lately I made a thorough re-evaluation of the way I deal with this which I won't get into right now. Suffice it to say you must make repeat readings different from the last time otherwise they will soon get fed up with you.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9641 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Ok, sure, whatever you say...
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
Well, I do know everything after all...…………….
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9641 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Lol
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2020, Mindpro wrote:
Lol

Since Mindpro seems to be in a good mood and since I have an enormous ego I shall post an example of how to do a reading properly. The video got an enormous amount of views. I am not sure if palmistry can be considered an "oracle" but it is certainly an ancient method of divination. Even if you don't like the video it will show the great superiority that I have above anyone else because of the ASMR factor which I have only just found out about after reading all the comments underneath. I was amazed at the amount of people who were sceptical about the reading but enjoyed it for the "ASMR". The trouble is that I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. Something to do with tingling of the spine or along those lines. Anyway, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZV8X22U_c
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Really enjoyed watching that video. Thanks for sharing.
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
You are of course welcome. The interesting thing is that with regard to previous comments on this thread virtually everything in the video comes from what I learned from Richard Webster. It has stood me in good stead since 1987.
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
I find all the sceptical comments underneath to be quite hilarious! Of course I have an odd sense of humour and I suppose when you get nearly 100,000 views I have to expect the unbelievers to come crawling out of the woodwork! Still, it seems that my ASMR effect (whatever the bloody hell that is) seems to calm some of them down a trifle!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1304 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Monkeycat! Really enjoyed your clip. I listen to a whole host of podcasts and remember one particular episode dealing with ASMR. It was a while back and I don't remember a whole pile about the subject but I digged up the episode. It's a podcast that is science based to a certain degree but discusses a whole hosts of different subjects. Anyways I'm sure you've googled it and have at least a vague idea what ASMR is but the podcast below may go deeper.

https://m.mixcloud.com/StuffToBlowYourMind/whisperings-asmr/

All the best!
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
I see that you are from Ireland. That is where I first acquired my psychic powers. I was actually a household name in Ireland at one time but I suppose Bronco toilet paper had the same distinction so I won't brag about it too much. Come to think of it this might interest you. It is from many, many years ago and I don't look like that now. I have no hair nowadays and am old and decrepit but the video may amuse you anyway.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/category/ent......wqqO4hjw

The only other mention of my Irish psychic adventures is here. I do get a tiny mention in this article with regard to my psychic phone lines.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/dial-......1.198202
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1304 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Mark,

First of all condolsenses about the current lack of hair and ageing body! I'm in my prime, full head of hair so in no way can relate.

I found the clip more than amusing, I found it very very entertaining! I was 7 at the time, don't recall the show but even still it brought back some good memories of me watching similar styled programming on RTE. I appreciate you sharing the clip and genuinely impressed. Did you have any idea that you would be giving some letters to analazye? I assume you had an inkling but either way you came across like a man who knew what he was talking about!

Appreciate it!
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
I had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I was very well versed in palmistry and tarot but knew nothing whatsoever about graphology. I had to use great wickedness and subterfuge to bring it all about. I will explain the whole thing when I get time.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1304 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
In that case I appreciate the whole thing even more!
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
136 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Ok... so back to Rowland's book, since that is the topic of this thread.

I finished reading it and found it less-than-inspiring compared to other works. I too found it odd that he says he's not a "professional mentalist", yet he presents himself that way in his Penguin Lectures as well as on his website. I have no clue why he takes that approach in the book, unless he is trying to protect his "reader brand" for some people.

I also found it odd that he talks about not using stock lines, yet near the end he gives examples of readings he has done that feel like stock barnum statements re-wrapped with jargon from different oracles (pp.156-158).

I think there are other works out there that will have you "doing readings quickly" in a much more effective way than this book. I think I will save those for another thread as this one has derailed enough already.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2020, Chollet wrote:

I think there are other works out there that will have you "doing readings quickly" in a much more effective way than this book. I think I will save those for another thread as this one has derailed enough already.

Is there a thread or link to where you will give some titles you think fit that criteria
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
136 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2020, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2020, Chollet wrote:

Is there a thread or link to where you will give some titles you think fit that criteria

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......rum=82#0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUPER PSYCHIC READINGS BOOK by Ian Rowland (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL